• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'd be very happy with Bomberman's inclusion, since I always thought that he'd be cooler than Snake for Konami representation *hides* (well, back in the Brawl days, he wasn't part of Konami, but you get it).. But.. I don't think that Nintendo would pass through another licensing nightmare to get another Third Party character at this point... so much time passed after the game release...

Said that, I always thought that Rayman would be the most likely of all Third Party suggestions, once Nintendo already has the license to use his image in the game (to turn him in a fighter would be probably just a change of contract terms).

But surprises happens.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It kinda what I meant but it is true, most of Smash 4 hasn't got leaked aside from ESRB, Royucus and small other stuff like Smash Tour and Master/Crazy Orders.

Outside of that everything was fine, even if count Sal's characters, :4megaman::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::rosalina::4robinm::4lucina::4mewtwo:&:4lucas: weren't even leaked at any point.
That's why I said Street Fighter V was leaked more than Smash 4 due to Capcom can't nothing underwraps but Nintendo will straight make sure nothing gets out. We have to hope for a guy at the ESRB and data mining for anything to be spoiled
Eh, if you believe Gematsu, than Little Mac was leaked in Sal's initial post. So were Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Megaman, but I wouldn't count them since it was "an unlikely prediction" that nobody took note of at the time. People already believed Gematsu somewhat before Macs reveal, though.

(Gematsu also said that Lucas OR Ness would be cut and that character DLC was being planned, so some people saw that ad a sign thay Lucas would be DLC. I still thonk he was "out of nowhere!" Personally.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Black Shadow that high is surprising.

I'd like him more if everyone weren't so fixated on having him adopt Dorf's moveset.
>A character coming from a series that's based on speed
>Give him a moveset that makes him slow as hell

I hate that idea that we should make him Dirf because muh series having clones. Not all series need a forced clone fighter for rep series and giving Dorf a moveset despite Black a Shadow having an actual moveset where he sure as hell ain't no brawler. Palutena doesn't fight like Pit despite being from the same series, Dedede doesn't fight like Kirby and even Marth and Ike aren't similar at all.

Samurai Gordo is and will be the most popular choice for a second F-Zero rep. Because he can be fast and powerful as his rival, but doesn't have be a clone because reasons

Chrono.

...that I 100% of the reason I want him.
Otherwise I don't think there's any reason F-Zero should get a second character.
Yeah F-Zero's in that weird spot where it can be without a second character just fine.

If anyone though, I'm fairly sure it'd be Black Shadow or Goroh (meanwhile my most wanted is Phoenix, I sure do know how to pick em... :urg:)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A new Mii fighter type would be interesting. If they release a mage type, they open up options for more Mii costumes. I can't imagine Ashley being used for any of the current Mii fighters.
...I'd really just rather have Ashley. Not a soulless cosplayer of her. Granted, Ashley is kinda soulless already, but I mean
Also:
I would legitimately not buy another Mii Fighter archetype.
^ this
We have more than enough Mii Fighter types.

Soul.

If Bomberman ends up getting in I can see a bunch of people getting happy, and the other bunch arguing on whether Snake is done for good.
inb4 completely different from smash flash 2 bomberman

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wonder if Bomberman will be getting a lot of last minute votes from people who believe the leak and want to take credit for his appearance.
I better go vote for Bomberman! Who's with me?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
It's currently October 3rd in Japan, so the ballot should be over for them.

Not sure if there's any significance but I figured I'd bring it up.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're in the final stretch in any case.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Indeed.
Alright, everyone:
While everyone's casting their last minute votes in, play this music in the background.
Because it's the final hours.
inb4 a Zelda character is revealed on October 3rd
That'd be interesting to see as more than any other set of clones, at least in the moveset , Link and Toon Link are kept deliberately similar. Both could easily get different weapons but they stick with the Zelda staples: Boomerang, Bow, Bombs, Hook(or Claw)shoot and the Sword & Shield. Would they throw that out the window for a Young Link return?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
CAN I GET A AROOOOOO FROM EVERYONE? :wolf:

Show your hype!

Burb Burb

C'mon buddy! Let's get excited!
Ehhh, I'm gonna wait before I get too excited. There's still reason to think that veteran DLC is finished.

The extra slot is huge, but as far as I know, there's nothing indicating that it's Wolf.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Glad to see that speculation is getting a bit more optimistic now, it felt kinda depressing at one point.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Bomberman actually has a REALLY wide variety of possible moves. His move set would obviously consist almost entirely of bomb usage, but he has so many types of bombs. Elemental bombs (water, ice, electricity), bombs of different sizes, remote bombs, mine bombs, tracer bombs, RC bomb, homing bomb, etc.

Here are some examples:

http://bomberman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bombs

Part of me gets the feeling Sakurai would just pull a Sonic and give him "place bomb" as three of this specials.
To be fair, Sonic was the very last character made in Brawl under time constraints so strict they had to delay the game, so it isn't really Sakurai's fault that Sonic spins 90% of the time, SEGA's for not letting Sonic in on the first offering.
Plus Sakurai really doesn't like changing a character's moveset all that much from one game to the next so good luck with that "Muh Black Shadowdorf" thing. :troll:

D

Deleted member

One more day until the ballot closes, and one more avatar change. I started off with one of my most wanted characters, and now I'm ending with my other most wanted character.

If Konami were to be represented with someone other than the veteran Snake, it would certainly be either Bomberman or this man, Simon Belmont. Unfortunately, because of the company's current state, I highly doubt any of their characters will make the cut. Even if one did, Snake would take priority due to his veteran status, and there's no guarantee that Sakurai would pull a Ryu and get Simon or Bomberman.

My Konami character of preference may be Simon, but I'm not against Snake or Bomberman either. In fact, I think it would be ideal if Sakurai pulls a Ryu and adds two or even all three of them onto the roster. Call it overrepresentation all you want, but I consider them all good enough on their own merits to warrant a spot.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You think too small
If they're thinking too small...
We gotta thing BIG...
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.
Also I spotted D-i' in the comments
Doing D-i' things
But let's not get on that topic, shall we?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I swear if bomberman replaces snake...I'll eat a cow.
You mean you'll eat the equivalent weight of a cow in ground beef (not as fun as it sounds), Eat every part of a cow including the bones or just do a Kirby and suck one up?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd honestly be in hysterics if I did the dramatic "3 DAYS" countdown and both times Zelda related content was revealed for Smash 4.
Especially if we get something tomorrow actually pertaining to Majora's Mask, like Young Link or Skull Kid as playable.
Or if we got some Zelda news in general, like a new Hyrule Warriors feature/character, or maybe some news about the fabled "Zelda Wii U".

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Something got ****ed up with your post, clicking the spoiler box doesn't open the rest of the post, and when quoting it to reply, the text isn't there.
That's really weird, I can read it fine. I dont know if it's an issue with the spoiler, the quote, or both....

But the tl;dr (plus extend R) version is this
  • justifiable != necessary (it's why I listed it as unnecessary; tis' all)
  • I thanked you for an answer that was more or less what I was looking for; I didnt realize people had issues with shield stun, just with normal stun. I also realized that it potentially hurts shield grabs and characters that rely on them. (My characters)
  • I admitted that I made an assumption in thinking the patch notes were complete just because it was listed as complete
  • My question was why the changes were necessary and you essentially answered: changes were made because of changes; thus why I made the question more specific.
  • explanation of why I never had a problem with shield stun or air dodging: character choice (Ness and Mac)
  • arguing intent isnt useless because it helps people understand intent and tone better. I wouldnt know you werent trying to be rude if you never told me and you wouldnt know what I thought if I didnt tell you; the phrasing you used can easily be taken as rude. (I also apologized if you werent being rude) And I never said that I couldnt be questioned. I just want to be questioned respectfully.
  • [taken directly from my response]
    • Well I never said that ALL of the changes were unnecessary, just that there were some, so I dont see how you came to that conclusion. I mean I hate Burger King because I think most of their sandwiches suck. Them having one good burger wont change that lol
EDIT:
Page count went up by almost 20. Anything good happen
[goes to read last few pages]

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
One more day until the ballot closes, and one more avatar change. I started off with one of my most wanted characters, and now I'm ending with my other most wanted character.

If Konami were to be represented with someone other than the veteran Snake, it would certainly be either Bomberman or this man, Simon Belmont. Unfortunately, because of the company's current state, I highly doubt any of their characters will make the cut. Even if one did, Snake would take priority due to his veteran status, and there's no guarantee that Sakurai would pull a Ryu and get Simon or Bomberman.

My Konami character of preference may be Simon, but I'm not against Snake or Bomberman either. In fact, I think it would be ideal if Sakurai pulls a Ryu and adds two or even all three of them onto the roster. Call it overrepresentation all you want, but I consider them all good enough on their own merits to warrant a spot.
Castlevania has a significant history with Nintendo since the NES and along with Megaman, have made their debut to the public eye on the console.

They have been on NES, GB, SNES, N64, GBC, GBA, DS, Wii and 3DS. I know Konami is tripping at this point but the franchise is that one series that I can say, deserves to be in Smash and I don't say that for anyone.

Simon Belmont is a character I always felt that he deserves his spot in Smash and has a moveset pool to pull from. Snake and Bomberman are fun characters but damn Castlevania is my favorite Konami series and it's almost Halloween, why not celebrate it with a franchise that lives and breathes on those horror tropes.

Plus we need that music in Smash. There's no way Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears and Beginning should be denied from Smash Bros

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Yeah, my avatar IS pretty great.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm pretty sure the leak is FAKE. There's no mention of Duck Hunt 3DS, the fact that the reason for including Bomberman as a replacement for Snake isn't because of the game's rating or because of Konami stoping AAA development, but because of the Kojima situation is upsurd, and Pirate Ship was a highly requested stage, so it was a safe choice. Also, there's no mention of Super Mario Maker.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I think the leak is more so a lucky guess than a leak.Maybe because it goes against all my beliefs(no more vets,k rool deconfirmed, Shovel knight being the next 3rd part DLC) but i.can't see it being real

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
We have real leaks that dont actually completely spoil the surprise?!?!
[cries tears of joy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom