• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
When ever someone complains about Wario in Smash, it makes me sad. I absolutely love his character in Smash 4, and wouldn't want it any other way. Same with DK.

It's funny, for someone who "hates" DK, Sakurai did a pretty fine job replicating how he and Diddy acted in DKC.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Mario Bros stage has not been cut, it's still available in the 3DS version bruh
Mario Bros is not on the 3DS. You're thinking of Ballon Fight stage.

Everywhere I ask, I get Donkey Kong, not to mention more people know that game, there's probably a reason 75m didn't get cut wheras Mario Bros did
Donkey Kong existed around the time of the great Video Game crash. Remember it came out a year after Pac-Man did in the arcades.

Super Mario Bros did more for gaming than the Donkey Kong arcade. It's really memorable but not influential as SMB.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
Sheesh, my mistake. I was talking about the mushroom kingdom stage from the 1985 NES game, not the arcade one. Sorry about that fellas
:mky:Is what you're probably thinking of. You owe me the finest chocolate in the world, Cadbury. Chop chop, it's rude making women wait
Exactly, I do owe you chocolate :/

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So can someone tell me how the Rayman leak was debunked?
Because there's no way in hell Rayman's have that face all the time. Speaking of Rayman, what happened to that Penguin guy?
Super Mario Bros, not Mario Bros. Im talking about the NES game, not the arcade game.
...I knew that *pouts*

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Because there's no way in hell Rayman's have that face all the time. Speaking of Rayman, what happened to that Penguin guy?

...I knew that *pouts*
Did anyone else notice that he had his trophy model? Him smiling all the time is kind of creepy.

Last edited:

Soul.

Either the 'bias' that people may be thinking too much isn't good or just another fan-made thing.

A series not having enough representation doesn't mean "bias against." I dunno, just the way I see it I guess

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
NintenZ NintenZ Not trying to be sexist, but up to this day I have yet to meet a girl who plays or is interested in Smash. And it's totally the opposite, I'd be glad if more girls joined the Smash community

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Bias exists. 100%, but anyone in his position would be bias. It's literally impossible to be completely impartial when you're in the kind of position of power that Sakurai is in.

Do you think that Shulk would be in if Sakurai didn't love Xenoblade?
Do you think the Duck Hunt Duo would be in if Sakurai didn't have a huge amount of respect for Nintendo's history?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Shes not the only girl here btw. There are more of them lurking, you just cant tell :p
We're waiting till he lets his guard down and then we pin him down and try to convert him into a Tumblrina or some ****
She has a pretty deep voice. Unfortunately she passed away some time ago.
Shame really, especially with that Gen Zed ****ting on her claiming they've got the first transgender VA. Maddie's one of the better VA I remember from my childhood

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Bias exists. 100%, but anyone in his position would be bias. It's literally impossible to be completely impartial when you're in the kind of position of power that Sakurai is in.

Do you think that Shulk would be in if Sakurai didn't love Xenoblade?
Do you think the Duck Hunt Duo would be in if Sakurai didn't have a huge amount of respect for Nintendo's history?
True. If I was in change of Smash, do you know the bias I'll be giving so hard towards F-Zero, Wario, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Punch Out and giving franchises like Sin & Punishment, Wonderful 101 and Advamce Wars reps?

Very.

Sakurai's bias is something people should used to since Melee with how much love he can give into :4kirby::4ness::4marth::4pit:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anything shown up on the Twitter accounts, Japanese or English?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
TBH, Ezequieleste Ezequieleste , it's probably hard to tell who's a girl unless you by their profile. And it goes both ways as well, considering at one point, I thought BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 was a girl a long while back. Sorry friend.

That said girls in the Smash community isn't surprising and they been there at the beginning for YEARS

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
Not expecting anything besides MM stage for the 30th anymore, and starting to fear that we won't get anything on the 3rd of October

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So. Can anyone give me a summary of the last 4 pages and if they are worth reading.
Also I see we haven't got any more news to do with the update in two days.
ANd most importantly no Wolf.
And it generally makes me think he is going to have to rely on the Ballot.
Oh Wolf..... Everyone said you would be here by now. Every passing Update you still haven't returned.
Oh and Hi Guys :p

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@Neo Zero Sakurai on Dark Souls, originally from a Famitsu coloumn:

"It's a game with the sort of difficulty level where you're killed instantly if you let your guard down," he wrote. " Every mistake causes you to pay a severe penalty. You're constantly watching out for back attacks and pincer attacks, always tapping on stone bridges before you cross them. Every corner you come across takes on vital meaning. What if there's some foe I can't defeat on the other side? Should I try not to make any sound? Am I all right on stamina? What if there are enemies on both sides? Anything behind me right now? And so on, and so on."

Sakurai went on to note that this extreme difficulty is tolerable -- enjoyable, even -- because of the rules the game world follows. "There are bonfires throughout the game that refill your life to maximum," he explained, "but if you use them, all enemy positions are reset. In other words, you're traveling from a bonfire to the boss, or to another bonfire, and that's the equivalent of a 'round' in the game. You also have Est flasks which can be filled for 5 uses (later 10) at bonfires. If you feel like you're short on Est, you can either turn back or keep going. It's an item that inherently forces you to make a strategic decision during each 'round' of play."

Once he got used to this, Sakurai found it relatively easy to proceed along. Then problems popped up. "There's an important item, called a Fire Keeper Soul, that enhances the effect of Est flasks," he said. "I was having trouble against this butterfly-shaped boss, so I was looking around for items that could help me. So I found this item and used it...but nothing seemed to happen. It raised the Humanity stat, but nothing else. Going back to the start point, I realized that you're supposed to offer the Fire Keeper Soul to a certain person in order to permanently power up your Est flask. This game runs on autosave, of course, so it was too late for that -- I had wasted a golden opportunity."

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://tyrestgwa.tumblr.com/post/130067263381/possible-first-picture-of-hasbros-yokai-watch
Check it out, this might be our first glimpse of the Yo-kai Watch toy!

Holy crap does the packaging looks attracting as freak!

TBH, Ezequieleste Ezequieleste , it's probably hard to tell who's a girl unless you by their profile. And it goes both ways as well, considering at one point, I thought BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 was a girl a long while back. Sorry friend.

That said girls in the Smash community isn't surprising and they been there at the beginning for YEARS
Any reason?
Is it because of my avatar?

Chrono.

Who was Soldier again? Prince found the Smash World files first iirc and made something up
Plastic Soldier made a leak that had Lucas, BDee, Wolf and Mewtwo and it was especially bad due to BDee being artwork and Wolf being some random pose from his Brawl model.

Also Prince didn't found the sound files, he just got lucky with Smash World having the same name and ran with it.

well I'm not late at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom