• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's not like translators exist right? There is no way there's someone in Nintendo that can simply translate them into Japanese right?
Right?
Translating thousands upon thousands of votes. . . Sounds fun. And efficient. Certainly not a waste of time for the grand majority of votes. :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Translating thousands upon thousands of votes. . . Sounds fun. And efficient. Certainly not a waste of time for the grand majority of votes.
And so it looking at thousands of votes for hundreds of characters when we'll probably get two or three at most.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I've just been informed that Ursaring is a background Pokemon in Pokken.

This is like the whole "learning your best friend died because someone asked you when the funeral was" situation...

:217:
It works too since he's saluting.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

This is like the whole "learning your best friend died because someone asked you when the funeral was" situation...

Well, hey, Pokemon are a species, right? Ursaring still has a chance!
...right?

Chrono.

I don't think being a background Pokemon necessarily deconfirms them.

I mean it's not like there can't be more than one of the same Pokemon (special cases aside) on the other end though, there's like 500+ Pokemon they gotta compete with.

I feel like the only Pokemon who are not gonna show up as playable are:
  • Basic/Baby/Mid-evo Pokemon
  • Supports (obviously)
Everyone else is in the game until otherwise.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Odd, I haven't had any trouble... then again I just built a new computer and it's a lot beefier than my last one, especially in the RAM department. Still, the tab doesn't seem to be taking up an inordinate amount of memory...

Out of curiosity, what browser are you using? I'm on Chrome and haven't tested the site on other browsers much yet.
Chrome.

I'm finding it slow on my Sony Desktop, and equally slow on my Mac laptop.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well? How else are we going to fit in Professor Pikachu or Idol Pikachu? We all need to make sacrifices every now and then.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Weird minor quiestion. Am I the only who thinks that if there are two more DLC characters, their background colours will be a type of blue and a type of yellow?
I'm at the point where I'm fairly confident their are only two characters left (Shovel Knight and Wolf). But color doesn't have to do with any of my reasons.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Only characters I put in more than one vote for are Sylux, Snake and King K. Rool.

Of which only one has any sort of decent chance.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Didn't they say they would actually publish the votes in public once said DLC character gets included or something along those lines?

I think it may be for the best for them to actually read them then.....

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Today, I've become an honorary Ryu Main. I've kept my eye on him ever since release, and now I'm at the point where I can move Mario down to my secondary. So essentially beware, as I've gotten very good with his variety of moves including the AND DIHARREA JOKE FOOT Joudan Sokutogeri.
:troll:
But seriously, I do like Ryu's playstyle. He's my second favorite newcomer in the game.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm at the point where I'm fairly confident their are only two characters left (Shovel Knight and Wolf). But color doesn't have to do with any of my reasons.
No it has nothing to do with characters. It was just a random thought I had. Probably becaise I want the Official DLC page to look very colourful.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Didn't they say they would actually publish the votes in public once said DLC character gets included or something along those lines?

I think it may be for the best for them to actually read them then, just in case then.....
I think it was "your vote may be publicly displayed on the Internet".

Dunno if that means publishing them, but it's plausible.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
If there are only two DLC spots i personally want them to be Dixie and Shovel knightHowever i think were getting 4 more DLC characters.So i'm predicting "Vet",Bandanna dee,Shovel knight, Insert popular Europe character

Ps:
Thanks @KenithTheGatherer for an awesome signature

It's 110% better than anything i could of done

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think it was "your vote may be publicly displayed on the Internet".

Dunno if that means publishing them, but it's plausible.
Yeah, so they will probably read them and post like, the best reasons fans gave for the general public to see or something along those lines. (Probably for the characters they actually worked on. Not the entire ballot.)

Probably also to prove that they did indeed read the ballot votes too and that these characters where indeed voted on etc....

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guess we should prepare to see all the Shreks and Gokus eh
I honestly doubt they would do that since it's a waste of time to have a section mocking what are arguably troll votes.

Yeah, so they will probably read them and post like, the best reasons fans gave for the general public to see or something along those lines.

Probably also to prove that they did indeed read the ballot votes too and that these characters where indeed voted on etc....
I imagine that would only happen to showcase whatever character was decided on, like "such compelling reasons to include this character".

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I hate the new sprites in the FFV IOS and Steam version, especially Faris's. As her sprite(which is based off of Bartz's and Galuf's) and Amano is suppose to be androgynous to reflect the fact that she pretended to be a guy because of the pirate like she was raised in.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I've voted Geno (It's the thought that counts ;-; ) Shantae, Paper Mario, Tails, Wolf, and Ray (Custom Robo). Plenty of others I'd vote for if I wasn't a lazy bum.

D

Deleted member

Apologies to those who recognize me as Fierce Deity Link, but at least once a day from now until the ballot closes, I'm probably going to change my avatar to characters that I support, starting with Zael and Calista from The Last Story.

I still don't think Zael has much of a chance, but I'm grateful that The Last Story was acknowledged with those two trophies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Just kind of curious, what if a Disney Character was announced for Smash Bros.?

1.) How would you feel about it?

2.) And do you think a Disney Character would fit into the Nintendo Atmosphere of Smash Bros.?

Last edited:

Chrono.

Just kind of curious, what if a Disney Character is announced for Smash Bros.?

2.) And do you think a Disney Character would fit into the Nintendo Atmosphere of Smash Bros.?
Mickey Mouse wouldn't be terrible, to be completely honest.

Plus... who else from Disney (yeah there's Sora, but his whole deal is weird)

D

Deleted member

Just kind of curious, what if a Disney Character is announced for Smash Bros.?

1.) I'm okay with it as long as it's Mickey Mouse.

2.) Depends on the character.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I think there are two major problems here.
1. There are an absurd amount of votes. No way they are goi going through many of them when half of them are literally written by 7 year olds. Especially because. . .
2. They arent in japanese. There is a zero percent chance of votes being translated. It will likely come down to pure numbers when it comes to non japanese regions imo.
There are non-Japanese branches of Nintendo, you know. It's not like our market is so insignificant that our opinion doesn't matter to them.

Besides, a smart coder could filter out the grand majority of the garbage posts with a quick script. If a post contains spelling errors (compared to a dictionary), or numbers next to punctuations, or many similar phrases to votes that have already been counted (no need in reading the same opinion a thousand times, even if it's coming from a thousand different sources), scrap it.

Translating thousands upon thousands of votes. . . Sounds fun. And efficient. Certainly not a waste of time for the grand majority of votes. :p
They need not all be translated to Japanese. Each branch could have a delegate that does the analysis and sends back a synopsis to headquarters.

There are very simple solutions to the logistical problems you're presenting.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Mickey Mouse wouldn't be terrible, to be completely honest.

Plus... who else from Disney (yeah there's Sora, but his whole deal is weird)
Mickey mouse would be the obvious choice since he's practically more iconic than Mario in his own right.

Although, I could also see Scrooge McDuck getting in. DuckTales was so popular back then and is frankly still popular today (even without the remake). So, it would make some sense too potentially include him (or at least get a trophy of some sorts if Mickey was hypothetically added).

Last edited:

jranks

Smash Cadet
King K. Rool, he is the main villain of the Donkey Kong series and he deserves to be in the game, he's the only character that I voted for. He is just as important to Donkey Kong as Bowser is to Mario.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Mickey mouse would be the obvious choice since he's practically more iconic than Mario in his own right.

Although, I could also see Scrooge McDuck getting in. DuckTales was so popular back then and is frankly still popular today (even without the remake). So, it would make some sense too potentially include him (or at least get a trophy of some sorts if Mickey was hypothetically added).
Ah, first time I've seen Scrooge McDuck for Smash... that's refreshing. Interesting too, since it can be argued that Duck Tales for NES was probably one of Disney's most successful video games in its day (still second to Castle of Illusion, I'm sure).

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I only see Mickey as the Disney rep as he fits in with the other third party characters.

On another note with New York Con coming up. There's two things I hope for.

1.A Lucas amiibo prototype is shown if Nintendo is going to be there. Just like with Mewtwo at SDCC.
2.Alex is revealed for SFV.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Apologies to those who recognize me as Fierce Deity Link, but at least once a day from now until the ballot closes, I'm probably going to change my avatar to characters that I support, starting with Zael and Calista from The Last Story.

I still don't think Zael has much of a chance, but I'm grateful that The Last Story was acknowledged with those two trophies.
Well I like your taste.

Back when character speculation was in it's youth and Shulk had yet to be confirmed, both Zael and Aeron were on my top 10 most wanted list.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

- I can only accept a few Disney characters with a very very huge history (Mickey Mouse, Pinocchio [he is fricking more than 100 years old!] and some others)

- yes if it's Mickey Mouse, there are a lot of people who wants to see Mickey Mouse meet Mario, and there is already a lot of Disney games on Nintendo consoles I think it would be fine having a Disney character in smash.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ah, first time I've seen Scrooge McDuck for Smash... that's refreshing. Interesting too, since it can be argued that Duck Tales for NES was probably one of Disney's most successful video games in its day (still second to Castle of Illusion, I'm sure).
Yeah! And his pogo stick jump would be sick, especially since it has yet to be mimick-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash Bros was a game about Nintendo's gaming history
We got characters that are not from Nintendo, but I'll still take it since they're video game characters
But if a character like Mickey got in, Smash wouldn't even be about games anymore
It doesn't matter what Mickey is, he'll NEVER be a videogame character and as such, should never be in Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom