• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's ace pilots take flight! Pilot Wings for SSB4! Final Flight Call! Get the votes in heroes!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I would edit that in the Tumblr post right way. Though the real real challenge would have to be that Twitter post I've did. The thing is, your moveset is a bit to big to include in your average Twitter posts since they do have that 140 word limit going on. It would be either doing many separate posts explaining the moveset or just linking to your support topic for the moveset (which is what I've went for). I would most likely have to repost that said image just to remind my Twitter followers what Lark is instead of going through the trouble making a million posts to explain his moveset to them. :nervous:
Ah, I see. BTW, in the slim chance Lark (and to an extent, Kiwi as an alt. skin) got in, what voice actors should they have? I still remember bringing this up MONTHS ago, I thought Colleen O'Shaughnessey could be Lark, and Janice Kawaye could be Kiwi. But now I'm thinking Nintendo could go the Japanese voices route, and for some reason, I think Mie Sonozaki (the current Arle Nadja) or Megumi Han (Gon Freeces from HUNTER xHUNTER) or even Yu Kobayashi (JP Lucina and Prince Sable) could be Lark, and Yuko Goto (Mikuru Asahina from Haruhi Suzumiya) or Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) could be Kiwi. What do you think about all of this?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ah, I see. BTW, in the slim chance Lark (and to an extent, Kiwi as an alt. skin) got in, what voice actors should they have? I still remember bringing this up MONTHS ago, I thought Colleen O'Shaughnessey could be Lark, and Janice Kawaye could be Kiwi. But now I'm thinking Nintendo could go the Japanese voices route, and for some reason, I think Mie Sonozaki (the current Arle Nadja) or Megumi Han (Gon Freeces from HUNTER xHUNTER) or even Yu Kobayashi (JP Lucina and Prince Sable) could be Lark, and Yuko Goto (Mikuru Asahina from Haruhi Suzumiya) or Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) as Kiwi. What do you think about all of this?
In terms of Japanese voices, I would like for Megumi Han being the voice for Lark and Yuko Goto being Kiwi. My reasons for Lark would be that the actor would need some real experience with being able to sound like your average cocky young boy that can be cute at times. Megumi does a great job at that while Kobayashi on the other hand might be proven to be a bit too high if we can go off how her take for Prince Sable was handled. Arle's voice would be cool for Lark, but I can't really imagine her pulling off that tough young boy act very well.

As for Kiwi, this one was a bit tough to decide. On one hand, Aki is a rather talented actor who can pull of that moe voice very well for every young character she plays. On the other hand, it sounds a bit too disgustingly cute to the point where some could view her as pandering material. I don't get that vibe out of Yuko since she can sound shy without having to being too try-hard in her cuteness. While she can be proven to have a serious side to her if you can imagine her flying aggressively with that voice. Those are my thoughts for Japanese voices and I can hope to anticipate a good chapter tomorrow morning. :tired:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
In terms of Japanese voices, I would like for Megumi Han being the voice for Lark and Yuko Goto being Kiwi. My reasons for Lark would be that the actor would need some real experience with being able to sound like your average cocky young boy that can be cute at times. Megumi does a great job at that while Kobayashi on the other hand might be proven to be a bit too high if we can go off how her take for Prince Sable was handled. Arle's voice would be cool for Lark, but I can't really imagine her pulling off that tough young boy act very well.

As for Kiwi, this one was a bit tough to decide. On one hand, Aki is a rather talented actor who can pull of that moe voice very well for every young character she plays. On the other hand, it sounds a bit too disgustingly cute to the point where some could view her as pandering material. I don't get that vibe out of Yuko since she can sound shy without having to being too try-hard in her cuteness. While she can be proven to have a serious side to her if you can imagine her flying aggressively with that voice. Those are my thoughts for Japanese voices and I can hope to anticipate a good chapter tomorrow morning. :tired:
Yeah, great reasons! You know what, I forgot to mention, Arle (as of SEGA's take-over of Puyo Puyo) shares the same voice as Klug, who appeared in the Puyo series, starting with the Fever-era games, which is why I suggested Mie Sonozaki as Lark. But still, your choices are very good! BTW, what do you think about my US voices? (Colleen Villard as Lark, and Janice Kawaye as Kiwi) Do you still think they're okay? Also, I hope I'm not annoying you. If I am, just say so. Oh, and one more thing: Yay! Page 7!

Holy cheese balls...I just checked out what you could pretty much describe as a "Demo Reel" of Megumi Han's work, and I'll say this much...Wow. She would definitely be qualified to voice Lark. Especially after hearing her as Akko from Little Witch Academia, and Gon from HxH. She could use her "Gon" voice, just make it a bit lighter. I doubt Lark would need to sound THAT intense.:laugh: Also, after hearing Yuko Goto, I have to say Kiwi would be a lock with her. She sounds just gentle enough, that she wouldn't make Kiwi look or sound too helpless, if that makes sense. Not to say I don't like Aki though. I like her work too, ESPECIALLY, Yui, who I think is one of the most CUTEST and adorable anime girls EVER. So much so, I wish she was real, so I could give her a BIG hug and pinch her puffy cheeks. Is that weird?:lol:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, great reasons! You know what, I forgot to mention, Arle (as of SEGA's take-over of Puyo Puyo) shares the same voice as Klug, who appeared in the Puyo series, starting with the Fever-era games, which is why I suggested Mie Sonozaki as Lark. But still, your choices are very good! BTW, what do you think about my US voices? (Colleen Villard as Lark, and Janice Kawaye as Kiwi) Do you still think they're okay? Also, I hope I'm not annoying you. If I am, just say so. Oh, and one more thing: Yay! Page 7!

Holy cheese balls...I just checked out what you could pretty much describe as a "Demo Reel" of Megumi Han's work, and I'll say this much...Wow. She would definitely be qualified to voice Lark. Especially after hearing her as Akko from Little Witch Academia, and Gon from HxH. She could use her "Gon" voice, just make it a bit lighter. I doubt Lark would need to sound THAT intense.:laugh: Also, after hearing Yuko Goto, I have to say Kiwi would be a lock with her. She sounds just gentle enough, that she wouldn't make Kiwi look or sound too helpless, if that makes sense. Not to say I don't like Aki though. I like her work too, ESPECIALLY, Yui, who I think is one of the most CUTEST and adorable anime girls EVER. So much so, I wish she was real, so I could give her a BIG hug and pinch her puffy cheeks. Is that weird?:lol:
Janice Kawaye isn't that bad of a choice for Kiwi. After having the fondest memories of her roles as Ami and Jenny, she definitely captures that spirit of a cheerful girl who just wants to be with her friends. That energy and enthusiasm little screams Kiwi from top to bottom. Colleen herself is pretty suitable for Lark as well now that I finally thought of her role as Konohamaru in the original dub. And I literally can;t get Suzy out of my head either because of her, though she's indeed not the sharpest toll in the shed in comparison to Lark. But Colleen is a great English choice for Lark nonetheless since she had been proven time to time to capture that aggressive and curious personality of her roles.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Janice Kawaye isn't that bad of a choice for Kiwi. After having the fondest memories of her roles as Ami and Jenny, she definitely captures that spirit of a cheerful girl who just wants to be with her friends. That energy and enthusiasm little screams Kiwi from top to bottom. Colleen herself is pretty suitable for Lark as well now that I finally thought of her role as Konohamaru in the original dub. And I literally can;t get Suzy out of my head either because of her, though she's indeed not the sharpest toll in the shed in comparison to Lark. But Colleen is a great English choice for Lark nonetheless since she had been proven time to time to capture that aggressive and curious personality of her roles.
You have a good point! I definitely have great memories of Ami and Jenny (arguably my FAVORITE roles of Janice's, BTW.) And you have a point on Lark, as well. You know, I posted a headcanon on the cast of PW 64. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it.:p

Goose (Always keeps his cool, aloof and bored at times, sticks by friends, and will always help out, Can get easily annoyed at times, but overall nice guy, looked up to as an older brother figure by Lark. Hates it when people try to touch his sunglasses, which are CONSTANTLY stolen by Lark.)

Hawk (Buff, very strict and stoic, but does care for others, bit of a bodybuilder. He normally doesn't like to admit it, but he has a couple of fears, what they are, no one really knows. Overall, a no-nonsense fellow.)

Kiwi (adorable, very cheerful, happy-go-lucky attitude, a bit naive, but still sweet and innocent)

Lark (Eager, Head-strong at times, faces a challenge with a smile, open, cheerful nature, very active. Sweet kid, but still VERY mischievous at times.)

Robin (very calm and relaxed, sometimes nice, but has a bit of a no-nonsense personality) (known as Hooter in Japan.:laugh: I've personally started calling her by her original name, Hooter, due to SSB4 confirming Robin from Fire Emblem: Awakening as a playable character.),

Ibis. (Very eager to cheer others on, kind and reliable, looked up to as an older sister by Lark and Kiwi, overall has a warm demeanor. A little klutzy at times. I also imagine that she hates it when people refer to her as "freakishly tall". She would also be a rival to Goose, trying to upstage him constantly.)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Goose (Always keeps his cool, aloof and bored at times, sticks by friends, and will always help out, Can get easily annoyed at times, but overall nice guy, looked up to as an older brother figure by Lark. Hates it when people try to touch his sunglasses, which are CONSTANTLY stolen by Lark.)

Hawk (Buff, very strict and stoic, but does care for others, bit of a bodybuilder. He normally doesn't like to admit it, but he has a couple of fears, what they are, no one really knows. Overall, a no-nonsense fellow.)

Kiwi (adorable, very cheerful, happy-go-lucky attitude, a bit naive, but still sweet and innocent)

Lark (Eager, Head-strong at times, faces a challenge with a smile, open, cheerful nature, very active. Sweet kid, but still VERY mischievous at times.)

Robin (very calm and relaxed, sometimes nice, but has a bit of a no-nonsense personality) (known as Hooter in Japan.:laugh: I've personally started calling her by her original name, Hooter, due to SSB4 confirming Robin from Fire Emblem: Awakening as a playable character.),

Ibis. (Very eager to cheer others on, kind and reliable, looked up to as an older sister by Lark and Kiwi, overall has a warm demeanor. A little klutzy at times. I also imagine that she hates it when people refer to her as "freakishly tall". She would also be a rival to Goose, trying to upstage him constantly.)
Wow, the way you portray Hawk is exactly how I think of his overall personality. And Hawk being that tough guy who has that no-nonsense approach is very fitting for his character. Kiwi just being Kiwi, definitely what I got out of her design. Being the smallest, cutest flier of the bunch. :p

Lark's personality is perfect, what to expect out of someone who wants to be a Master of the Skies. Robin being that calm, nice woman is just how I envisioned, though some incorrectly view her as a snob just because of her pose in the artwork. But the way you envision her on the other hand does her character some justice. And Ibis Ibis Ibis, where do I start. Being Goose's rival is something I thought of since the two are similar in a way (not just because of their Wilt-esque proportions). Being that Team Mom of the group that cheers others on and someone the others can relate to actually wouldn't be a bad way to think of her.

Overall, your head canon for the characters are just too good. Got the good traits and the bad traits out of them just on their appearances like a pro. If only Nintendo were to capture thus with their character if they ever use them again. :4villagerf:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wow, the way you portray Hawk is exactly how I think of his overall personality. And Hawk being that tough guy who has that no-nonsense approach is very fitting for his character. Kiwi just being Kiwi, definitely what I got out of her design. Being the smallest, cutest flier of the bunch. :p

Lark's personality is perfect, what to expect out of someone who wants to be a Master of the Skies. Robin being that calm, nice woman is just how I envisioned, though some incorrectly view her as a snob just because of her pose in the artwork. But the way you envision her on the other hand does her character some justice. And Ibis Ibis Ibis, where do I start. Being Goose's rival is something I thought of since the two are similar in a way (not just because of their Wilt-esque proportions). Being that Team Mom of the group that cheers others on and someone the others can relate to actually wouldn't be a bad way to think of her.

Overall, your head canon for the characters are just too good. Got the good traits and the bad traits out of them just on their appearances like a pro. If only Nintendo were to capture thus with their character if they ever use them again. :4villagerf:
I wish I knew where Nintendo stood on these characters these days. BTW, I forgot to add that Lark would obviously still have many a sweet bone in his body, and Goose would be quite annoyed with Lark's constant pestering him, but he knows he's a sweet kid, thus the little bro-big bro relationship.
I also imagine the voices to be as such:
Lark - Colleen Villard
Kiwi - Janice Kawaye
Goose - Roger Craig Smith
Ibis - Cristina Vee
Hawk - Patrick Seitz
Hooter - Either Megan Hollingshead or Karen Strassman

Oh, and here's some fanart. It's two pieces, but here:
And a screencap of Lark in Pilot Wings 64:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You have a new trailer idea coming up? Why don't you post it here and impress us. :p

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You have a new trailer idea coming up? Why don't you post it here and impress us. :p
All righty, then.

The trailer itself would begin with the usual flaming Smash symbol as for any other newcomer, and the camera would begin to show us a sunny, clear blue sky shining over a pristine, shimmering ocean, the camera would then switch to the island of Lesson 3 as seen in Pilot Wings for SNES and the red biplane circling over it. After that the camera would zoom out from the island and then show us Wuhu Island from Pilot Wings Resort/Wii Sports (Resort) with the yellow airplane circling over that island. Then, we would see the camera panning over to a small island far off in the distance with what looks like 3 people flying over and around the island. Zoom in a lot closer, and we see Mario (I haven't decided whether he should use his Wing Cap from Super Mario 64 or one of his other power-ups to help him fly), Kirby (on his Warp Star), and Pit, all simply enjoying a flight above Holiday Island from Pilot Wings 64, looking quite relaxed. However, the sky turns somewhat stormy, with the camera showing us something massive which seems to look like it is watching the Smashers from under the sea, and it appears to be none other than Mecha-Hawk (from 64) who later emerges from the sea and begins going on a rampage, attacking our heroes, who decide to fight back, but their attacks aren't having any effect on him, and Mecha-Hawk begins to head in for the final strike, but something seems to strike the large mechanic monstrosity from the sky, with the camera pointing straight up, we see a silhouette of what appears to be someone in a Gyro-copter shooting at Mecha-Hawk with large missiles, all while yelling, "YAHOO!" (get an idea of who it is yet?) the attack on the cyborg continues with these weapons until he is completely damaged and falls apart, broken down into pieces. The person flying the copter is later seen landing it onto a nearby runway, at Mario, Kirby, and Pit all land on the ground as well and try to meet up with the person who saved them and Holiday Island. The Smashers find the mystery hero who then turns around to face the others and notice the pilot hero to look about a few feet shorter than Pit (if not smaller, not looking not be much older than 13-16 years of age.) The young boy then gives a thumbs-up to Mario and the others with the usual "newcomer text" showing up next to the boy, reading something along the lines of, "Lark Flies Into Battle!" (If anyone has anything better, please feel free to comment and tell me.) We then see gameplay of Lark's playstyle, which ends with the "Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS" logo and then cuts to him flying alongside the other veterans Smashers with his Gyro-copter and flying off into the distance with them as the trailer ends. (BTW, the music that plays is a medley of various Pilot Wings music from all 3 games in the series, unless if someone has a better idea, then I'm all ears for it.) So that's my take on a Pilot Wings character (specifically Lark) being added to Sm4sh, I know it's a bit lengthy so please bear with me on this, all right?

BTW, I wanted to also mention that for my trailer-story, I could not decide between Holiday Island or Little States as a Pilot Wings 64 area since Holiday is a more original area and Little States is iconic for 64, So, I could go either way on both Also, remember to read my post for a Pilot Wings trailer and tell me what you all think of it! BTW, if any of you have any ideas on how I could include Kiwi in this thing without it being similar to Female Robin's reveal, please tell me!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All righty, then.

The trailer itself would begin with the usual flaming Smash symbol as for any other newcomer, and the camera would begin to show us a sunny, clear blue sky shining over a pristine, shimmering ocean, the camera would then switch to the island of Lesson 3 as seen in Pilot Wings for SNES and the red biplane circling over it. After that the camera would zoom out from the island and then show us Wuhu Island from Pilot Wings Resort/Wii Sports (Resort) with the yellow airplane circling over that island. Then, we would see the camera panning over to a small island far off in the distance with what looks like 3 people flying over and around the island. Zoom in a lot closer, and we see Mario (I haven't decided whether he should use his Wing Cap from Super Mario 64 or one of his other power-ups to help him fly), Kirby (on his Warp Star), and Pit, all simply enjoying a flight above Holiday Island from Pilot Wings 64, looking quite relaxed. However, the sky turns somewhat stormy, with the camera showing us something massive which seems to look like it is watching the Smashers from under the sea, and it appears to be none other than Mecha-Hawk (from 64) who later emerges from the sea and begins going on a rampage, attacking our heroes, who decide to fight back, but their attacks aren't having any effect on him, and Mecha-Hawk begins to head in for the final strike, but something seems to strike the large mechanic monstrosity from the sky, with the camera pointing straight up, we see a silhouette of what appears to be someone in a Gyro-copter shooting at Mecha-Hawk with large missiles, all while yelling, "YAHOO!" (get an idea of who it is yet?) the attack on the cyborg continues with these weapons until he is completely damaged and falls apart, broken down into pieces. The person flying the copter is later seen landing it onto a nearby runway, at Mario, Kirby, and Pit all land on the ground as well and try to meet up with the person who saved them and Holiday Island. The Smashers find the mystery hero who then turns around to face the others and notice the pilot hero to look about a few feet shorter than Pit (if not smaller, not looking not be much older than 13-16 years of age.) The young boy then gives a thumbs-up to Mario and the others with the usual "newcomer text" showing up next to the boy, reading something along the lines of, "Lark Flies Into Battle!" (If anyone has anything better, please feel free to comment and tell me.) We then see gameplay of Lark's playstyle, which ends with the "Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS" logo and then cuts to him flying alongside the other veterans Smashers with his Gyro-copter and flying off into the distance with them as the trailer ends. (BTW, the music that plays is a medley of various Pilot Wings music from all 3 games in the series, unless if someone has a better idea, then I'm all ears for it.) So that's my take on a Pilot Wings character (specifically Lark) being added to Sm4sh, I know it's a bit lengthy so please bear with me on this, all right?

BTW, I wanted to also mention that for my trailer-story, I could not decide between Holiday Island or Little States as a Pilot Wings 64 area since Holiday is a more original area and Little States is iconic for 64, So, I could go either way on both Also, remember to read my post for a Pilot Wings trailer and tell me what you all think of it! BTW, if any of you have any ideas on how I could include Kiwi in this thing without it being similar to Female Robin's reveal, please tell me!
I've got to say, the reveal trailer is better than I've expected. The fact that you decide to involve Mecha Hawk (who also cameos in Pilotwings Resort) as an antagonist for the trailer seems fitting fro those who think that the series has no villains. I see no problem in involving Holiday Area since it's one of the more original places to involve in a trailer for Lark (Or any Pilotwings character for that manner). The idea of seeing Lark himself being able to take out Mecha Hawk with his Gyro-copter and meet Nintendo's greatest characters in the sky is enough to get anyone hyped, even if they personally don't know the series. It's not really long, so it's more on the length of the Palutena trailer if I think about it.

A great way to reveal Kiwi without going for the Robin scenario would be a mini cutscene that involves them flying together. Then you would see a mysterious individual with a Rocket Belt flying past them abruptly, causing some to stumble comically as that speed demon passes. Then the mystery flyer would turn around and reveal herself as Kiwi, who would wink and fly off at the same speed. Lark and the others would eventually go after her in their aerial drag race, with Lark in the lead since he's more determined to beat her. This would be the right part to show off some gameplay with the alt fighting beside Lark before the trailer ends.

What do you think of the additional scene with Kiwi?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I've got to say, the reveal trailer is better than I've expected. The fact that you decide to involve Mecha Hawk (who also cameos in Pilotwings Resort) as an antagonist for the trailer seems fitting fro those who think that the series has no villains. I see no problem in involving Holiday Area since it's one of the more original places to involve in a trailer for Lark (Or any Pilotwings character for that manner). The idea of seeing Lark himself being able to take out Mecha Hawk with his Gyro-copter and meet Nintendo's greatest characters in the sky is enough to get anyone hyped, even if they personally don't know the series. It's not really long, so it's more on the length of the Palutena trailer if I think about it.

A great way to reveal Kiwi without going for the Robin scenario would be a mini cutscene that involves them flying together. Then you would see the Birdman suit flying past them abruptly, causing some to stumble comically as that speed demon passes. Then the mystery flyer would turn around and reveal herself as Kiwi, who would wink and fly off at the same speed. Lark and the others would eventually go after her in their aerial drag race, with Lark in the lead since he's more determined to beat her. This would be the right part to show off some gameplay with the alt fighting beside Lark before the trailer ends.

What do you think of the additional scene with Kiwi?
This sounds great! ESPECIALLY the part of Kiwi speeding right on past Lark, and then showing off gameplay of her fighting alongside Lark! I can picture it, and it's looking awesome! Also, thank you on the suggestion of Holiday Island being a good choice! I also imagine Lark to to have some home stage, possibly Holiday Island, with Mecha-Hawk as a stage boss. What do you think?

Also, fanart time!:
The VERY picture that gave me the idea of Lark having Kiwi as an alt. skin of him!

One of my favorite Pilot Wings pics I came across on DA! Seriously though, I REALLY wish I could implement this into...well, something!

BTW, I made a couple of changes to Lark's moveset: Basically, it's not a huge change, simply I added Lark's "YAHOO!" catchphrase to his taunt, and same goes for Kiwi, now saying, "Here we go!" during the taunt as well.

Really, if there was some way I could send all (or at least some) of this to Sakurai, without relying on the Smash Ballot. But I'm afraid of coming up to him, as a crazed fanboy that won't leave him alone.

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I'll support the Pilotwings thread! this looks pretty promising to me, and i like all of he characters too! expect to here more comments from me when the time permits.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'll support the Pilotwings thread! this looks pretty promising to me, and i like all of he characters too! expect to here more comments from me when the time permits.
Wow! Really? Well, give me a minute, and I'll add you to the support list!

And.....you are officially a "High-Flying Hero"! Congrats! You know, I'm legitimately surprised Pilot Wings has THIS many supporters AT ALL for Super smash Bros., so I just want to say thanks to everyone who's here!:b: You've really made my day! All of you! BTW, I don't suppose you have a specific PW character to vote for, do you? Also, did you see the moveset I posted on page 6, as well as the OP? Oh, right! Guys, I've officially updated the OP with some new supporters AND the moveset I made for Lark and Kiwi! Go check it out when any of you get a chance! Any and all criticisms are taken, but nothing too harsh, okay? It took me a long time to get it done...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
thanks man! you truely rock! i have a good feeling that this thread will succeed in getting added as a DLC!
We hope! We just need to make a LOT of noise. BTW, I hope you've voted on the official Smash Ballot, by any chance? (At least, we're hoping for a spot as a playable character in Smash 5, cause come on. You and I both know Smash 5 is GOING TO HAPPEN...one way or another.)

Hey, did you see the moveset I posted in the OP?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys. Sorry to double-post, but I feel like I should ask this now, before I forget for the 3rd time in a row today. So what I wanted to ask was: In the event that Lark (and heck, I may as well bring it up since there's no playable PW rep in Smash. At the moment...:smirk: Kiwi as an alt. skin for Lark.) was playable in Smash 4, or by some miracle, appeared in a future Smash game, what do you think he/they would be? Starter or unlockable? To avoid any bias I may have for the series, I'm personally going with unlockable.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hey, guys. Sorry to double-post, but I feel like I should ask this now, before I forget for the 3rd time in a row today. So what I wanted to ask was: In the event that Lark (and heck, I may as well bring it up since there's no playable PW rep in Smash. At the moment...:smirk: Kiwi as an alt. skin for Lark.) was playable in Smash 4, or by some miracle, appeared in a future Smash game, what do you think he/they would be? Starter or unlockable? To avoid any bias I may have for the series, I'm personally going with unlockable.
Well, Smash is sorta getting rid of the whole unlockable thing (****ING LUIGI, JIGGLES, CAP, AND NESS WEREN'T UNLOCKABLE!! THIS IS MADNESS!). I'd say starter.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, Smash is sorta getting rid of the whole unlockable thing (****ING LUIGI, JIGGLES, CAP, AND NESS WEREN'T UNLOCKABLE!! THIS IS MADNESS!). I'd say starter.
Really? Well, that could work. The reason I'm personally saying "unlockable" is because Lark would be a newcomer to Smash that would SERIOUSLY throw people for a loop, and considering he's a pilot (in-training?) and all, it'd probably be literally.:rolleyes:BTW, fanart time!:

Probably the most bad*** artwork of I've seen of Lark yet. Heck, if Lark was playable in Smash, I'd actually want THIS to be his official render.

Goose, cool and confident as always...:smirk:

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Really? Well, that could work. The reason I'm personally saying "unlockable" is because Lark would be a newcomer to Smash that would SERIOUSLY throw people for a loop, and considering he's a pilot (in-training?) and all, it'd probably be literally.:rolleyes:BTW, fanart time!:

Probably the most bad*** artwork of I've seen of Lark yet. Heck, if Lark was playable in Smash, I'd actually want THIS to be his official render.

Goose, cool and confident as always...:smirk:
Lots of newcomers in Smash 4 were on the starting roster...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hello everyone. My name is SuperSegaSonicSS, and as a request from @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan and @ smashkirby smashkirby , here's something I hope you all enjoy.

I hope you all like the results. I may make some modifications to them at some point, but for now, I'm taking a break from here for a while, so I hope I did the best I could for now.

And here's the renders separately.

Thank you for the request, and I hope to see you around someday soon.

And SmashKirby, I appoligze for taking as long as I did, so, to make it up to you, here's something speical I have done just to help out.

I hope you like it.

And another thing just for you guys to have since there seem to be a lack of art of her.

And well, take care everyone, I hope to see you guys again soon.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Hello everyone. My name is SuperSegaSonicSS, and as a request from @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan and @ smashkirby smashkirby , here's something I hope you all enjoy.

I hope you all like the results. I may make some modifications to them at some point, but for now, I'm taking a break from here for a while, so I hope I did the best I could for now.

And SmashKirby, I appoligze for taking as long as I did, so, to make it up to you, here's something speical I have done just to help out.

I hope you like it.

And another thing just for you guys to have since there seem to be a lack of art of her.

I see Lark has a Nester costume, immediately approve.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I hope you like it.

OH, MY GOD! THIS IS SUPERB! Thank you, SSSSS! I am in your debt! Listen, can you help me spread this around? This is the last month of the Smash Ballot and all, so I can't do all of this by myself. PLEASE, @Azure Warrior, @POKEMANSPIKA, @SSBCandidates, @Freduardo, @Kevandre, @DonkaFjord, @BluePikmin11, @ϟPlazzapϟ, @ClubbyBear, @Hippopotasauce, @PigmaskColonel, @GenieGene, (A.K.A AfroDude) @BillyTheKidd, @shinhed-echi, @8-peacock-8, @StaffofSmashing, @Oracle_Summon, @Da Black Rabbit, and @BluePikmin11 spread this around before it's over! Iwata-san (Thank you, you........you GREAT,GREAT man for letting this Ballot be a thing!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:) DID say the suggestions in this Ballot will be used for future games, so we need to hurry!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Hello. As promised, I said I would show proof that an actual videogame developer agreed on Miiverse with me about adding Shirley, the female instructor from the SNES game.

Now, as I wish to protect my privacy, I have censored my Miiverse identity in the following pics. Anyway, here we go:

As you can see to the far right, there is a Mii icon with the green upper left corner thing which indicates the user is an actual developer, but who could it be?

Why it is Mr. Ivan Smith from WayForward! And right now, WF is highly pushing for Shantae, wonder if he still feels the same lol. Anyway, why Mr. Smith is not someone directly involved at Nintendo or with any of the Pilotwings games; I guess it means something to have someone inside the industry to support this.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hello. As promised, I said I would show proof that an actual videogame developer agreed on Miiverse with me about adding Shirley, the female instructor from the SNES game.

Now, as I wish to protect my privacy, I have censored my Miiverse identity in the following pics. Anyway, here we go:

As you can see to the far right, there is a Mii icon with the green upper left corner thing which indicates the user is an actual developer, but who could it be?

Why it is Mr. Ivan Smith from WayForward! And right now, WF is highly pushing for Shantae, wonder if he still feels the same lol. Anyway, why Mr. Smith is not someone directly involved at Nintendo or with any of the Pilotwings games; I guess it means something to have someone inside the industry to support this.
Oh, wow! That's AWESOME! BTW, I wonder if he supports Shirley outright, or just the idea of Pilot Wings getting a playable character? Also, with this news, does anyone think I should slightly alter the thread's title to reflect that we have someone who works in the game industry support Pilot Wings to get a playable character?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since people are rating an inferior character like Nester today, I might as well start nominating Lark in the Rate Their Chances thread since he would be a legal way of including the character (which I've argued in my rating). While his actual chariness are rather low, they sure as hell are much better than that of the mascot of an American comic series. Surprised you haven't be doing so these past few weeks since he's your favorite character.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Since people are rating an inferior character like Nester today, I might as well start nominating Lark in the Rate Their Chances thread since he would be a legal way of including the character (which I've argued in my rating). While his actual chariness are rather low, they sure as hell are much better than that of the mascot of an American comic series. Surprised you haven't be doing so these past few weeks since he's your favorite character.
Yeah, to be honest, I'm a little nervous going to RTC due to all the controversy over various characters. I feel that if I go there, I'll hear nothing BUT hate from everyone else about Lark, (ESPECIALLY after @BluePikmin11's Individual Character Poll and the comments directed at Lark were more hateful than I could take.) so I've been straying away form something like RTC, as I feel that they'd be worse. Though, this could be a good time for the moveset I made for Lark/Kiwi to be shown off to many others. If you do nominate Lark, and they decide to rate him, could you please do me the favor showing my moveset to everyone else, please?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, to be honest, I'm a little nervous going to RTC due to all the controversy over various characters. I feel that if I go there, I'll hear nothing BUT hate from everyone else about Lark, (ESPECIALLY after @BluePikmin11's Individual Character Poll and the comments directed at Lark were more hateful than I could take.) so I've been straying away form something like RTC, as I feel that they'd be worse. Though, this could be a good time for the moveset I made for Lark/Kiwi to be shown off to many others. If you do nominate Lark, and they decide to rate him, could you please do me the favor showing my moveset to everyone else, please?
That I can do, since it would be a great way of educating the non-fans about how a Pilotwings character can work. You are talking to a guy who was close to making a Wii Fit Trainer support topic before she was confirmed, complete with a move set with ideas that actually happened (certain poses, Deep Breathing, Hoola Hoop, and taunts).

Can't really blame you for avoiding the RTC thread since many can be malicious towards a character who they don't know (unless they are an Assist Trophy that looks like they are worth adding). Even I've expected some form of negativity when blue used his original N64 model in the poll than something more cleaner like the Pilotwings cover. Uniqueness would be one way of interesting people in a character, but they simply won't care if it's someone from a game they never played before (Take a good look at all the hate Lip had in certain polls from the previous months). Overall, I'll see how it goes when the day comes since the usual hate pattern in that threat is way too predictable at this point.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That I can do, since it would be a great way of educating the non-fans about how a Pilotwings character can work. You are talking to a guy who was close to making a Wii Fit Trainer support topic before she was confirmed, complete with a move set with ideas that actually happened (certain poses, Deep Breathing, Hoola Hoop, and taunts).

Can't really blame you for avoiding the RTC thread since many can be malicious towards a character who they don't know (unless they are an Assist Trophy that looks like they are worth adding). Even I've expected some form of negativity when blue used his original N64 model in the poll than something more cleaner like the Pilotwings cover. Uniqueness would be one way of interesting people in a character, but they simply won't care if it's someone from a game they never played before (Take a good look at all the hate Lip had in certain polls from the previous months). Overall, I'll see how it goes when the day comes since the usual hate pattern in that threat is way too predictable at this point.
Well, thank you. I appreciate it. Lord knows after Blue did that...Oh, Lord. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't mad at Blue. Heck, I even thanked him for adding Lark onto the poll AT ALL. But still.....:urg: Also, you know where to go to post my moveset, right? I also added it to the OP, in case you don't feel like running around for it, though it is in spoilers.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Oh, wow! That's AWESOME! BTW, I wonder if he supports Shirley outright, or just the idea of Pilot Wings getting a playable character? Also, with this news, does anyone think I should slightly alter the thread's title to reflect that we have someone who works in the game industry support Pilot Wings to get a playable character?
Who knows, maybe. That RTC thing sounds hard. Not sure if you could try and contact Mr. Ivan Smith on Miiverse about Shirley or anyone from Piltowings.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Who knows, maybe. That RTC thing sounds hard. Not sure if you could try and contact Mr. Ivan Smith on Miiverse about Shirley or anyone from Piltowings.
Well, I was actually about to ask you if you could contact Mr. Smith and ask him his personal opinion about PW getting a playable character, or even the series in general. Also, @Azure Warrior, if they do they do start to rate Lark, (or ANY PW character for that matter.) could you please tell me? Also, when do you think will decide to rate him or PW as a whole?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, I was actually about to ask you if you could contact Mr. Smith and ask him his personal opinion about PW getting a playable character, or even the series in general. Also, @Azure Warrior, if they do they do start to rate Lark, (or ANY PW character for that matter.) could you please tell me? Also, when do you think will decide to rate him or PW as a whole?
I've already started nominating him already and most likely the only one to do so. Like any other character, his day won't happen until he reach the top of the list with enough nominations. So chances are that more than just one person would have to do the nominating if his day will happen before the ballot closes (Or if I'm lucky enough to win more nominations). I'll remind you when the day comes in due time.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
He doesn't seem to accept private messages. I was thinking to ask him in the posts he makes or another way like twitter or e-mail.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I see Lark has a Nester costume, immediately approve.
Nester? Um...You, uh.....do know that Lark/Nester only wore those civilian clothes in PW 64, right? Oh, well. Whatever tickles your fancy.

I've already started nominating him already and most likely the only one to do so. Like any other character, his day won't happen until he reach the top of the list with enough nominations. So chances are that more than just one person would have to do the nominating if his day will happen before the ballot closes (Or if I'm lucky enough to win more nominations). I'll remind you when the day comes in due time.
Well, thank you. I do appreciate it.

He doesn't seem to accept private messages. I was thinking to ask him in the posts he makes or another way like twitter or e-mail.
Aw, that's too bad. Well, if you CAN contact him with e-mail or Twitter, or anything like that, I say go right on ahead!

Also, guys. How do you feel about Lark's (or at this point, ANY PW chracters) chances are for Smash? Currently, I have a VERY good idea what it like for them, but I just want to ask you guys. Thing is, the reason I have a sliver of hope, is because the Smash Ballot is NOT (completely?) a popularity contest, but more of a suggestion box if anything. So I guess if you think up of some REALLY good, and interesting ideas, Sakurai will take your suggestion into consideration. Hopefully.........

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Nester? Um...You, uh.....do know that Lark/Nester only wore those civilian clothes in PW 64, right? Oh, well. Whatever tickles your fancy.
And similar clothes in every Nintendo Power comic strip he was in (he might not have had the number 28 on his shirt). But the civilian clothes give me the Nester design I want.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
And similar clothes in every Nintendo Power comic strip he was in (he might not have had the number 28 on his shirt). But the civilian clothes give me the Nester design I want.
Oh, I see. OK, just wondering. If anything, would add more of those clothes to his alts. above, but that would be too much work for my friend, @SuperSegaSonicSS.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I too like to support underdog characters thanks to @Parrothead1983 but I was expecting if you could contact Mr. Smith. Sadly I don't see much chances on Lark.

Top Bottom