• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nik(Link/Jiggs) vs Disturbed(Fox)

Serion

Smash Rookie

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
It's wierd to hear Jigglypuff in a different voice. Great matches.

I can see why you say Disturbed is so great!

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Pretty good videos.
As a whole you guys are all right, but you'll get better as time goes on.
I see many matches with Fox, so Disturbed's style wasn't exactly new, though.
Good work, first vids eh? 8/10, not bad for the first showing of vids.

Serion

Smash Rookie
Disturbed is **** good, but dont write about him, write about me, please. ^^

edit: i want to beat him, so help me guys. ^^

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
It's almost hopeless when you challenge a Fox as Link. Links are easy to combo. I would recommend you keep your distance while throwing your bombs/boomerangs. When he charges towards you with either an intent to shuffle or grab, try dodging them. The best ways I believe is to shield grab a shuffle maniac. Seems here the Fox doesn't shuffle a lot. Try pulling off some suprise attacks like a shield grab or a "shield ~> UP+ B."

Because it's hard to beat Foxes with Links, grabs and projectiles are the things to do. Watch out if he uses his reflector to reflect your projectiles or push you back. You should keep a distance while spamming projectiles. When he reflects, let's say, your bomb, there is a small lag time where you could have a chance to attack him.

When using the Sword Spin attack, I would recommend you to only use it when you are edgeguarding or if they Fox is at a higher percentage of damage.

Foxes are fast fallers. Here is another thing you might want to do. What you do is run near an edge, throw him up then sword spin him! That was just a cheap strategy. It can still be easyily counter if the Fox DIs away from the ledge. It's still worth trying out.

I haven't said everything I do know about fighting Foxes. Some of these might not work at all! Others could make you start becoming better at taking down Foxes!

I'm not a Link player but I enjoy playing Young Link!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Grabbing Fox's shffl doesn't work, as with pretty much every air attack he can shine before Link can get a grab in. Work a little on tech chasing with the boomerang, grabs, downsmash or dash attack. From my expreience again Fox, you can chain those attacks, especially dash attacks around 60% to 80% to get a kill with down air or Up B. With Jiggs...I dunno, I don't play it. ^.^,

Top Bottom