• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Up, Falcon (my WORST match up)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok, Yesterday I was at a tourny. I did well gainst all my match ups that I had. (with players around my level or a lil better) so I beat them. Had to deal with Link and Space animals. The I had to fight a falcon player. Both matches I brought him down 2 on stock but as I always do, I screwed up and lost, so I was taken out of the tourny. I dont really know how to use FC On Falcon. amd when he grabbed me I tried to DI the up airs but I just keep getting hit and finished off with a knee. every time I got grab no matter what % I had thats what he always did. I dont know which way to DI that.

Its hard to get to him and land a decent attack on him. I tried to camp him but he was too fast to do it that much and did not work too well. And can I get tips on how to use FC techs on him and hieghts cause his aerials seem to stop me when i try to get mines in. I hate this fight more than any other in the game. I cant stand Falcon for the hell of it. Please help me on how I show go at attacking him and such. Like I know what he does and what I can do to falcons, but I just dont know how to go about it, and DI the moves as well. Thanks in advace once again

sheikan7

Smash Cadet
Hmm, this looks like a sticky situation! I've personally never fought a good Falcon, but I'll tell you what I would do!

First, since chasing him down doesn't work that well, I would make him come to me. When he's running at you, Side-smash would fix him!

Remember he may have a tough time landing any attacks because he's hard to keep track of and falls quickly.

Turnips could prove useful against him, running at him and throw one should stall him enough for your to do a smash or push him back.

And the key to all of my Peach fighting, get up in their face! It might not work that well since he can run away, but if you sink a hit as he's running, POW! Falcon needs kind of a lot of space to perform his attacks.

And remember, Peach's Forward throw is very strong! Unless you're throwing him to a partner or feel confident enough to throw him the other ways, I strongly suggest to throw him forward. You could juggle him and maybe get a few combos in by throwing him down or up.

Good luck at your next tourney/match!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
hmmm... i'm not a big fan of that one either, but i do have tons of experience in it.

you should observe him, dodge and punish, dash him when he charges use turnips to annoy and shield yourself from grabs. try to nair him mid-combo and dodge the finishing knee if possible. edge guard and edge hog all the time. dash to Nair, chain grab, turnip followed by FC Fair. annoy him by Float Dair to Nair if possible.

and the last and most important. AVOID THE KNEE

check my vids again, they might help

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Ummm all I can think against falcon is CC to Dsmash when he uses the nair to approach you and try and chain grab him when you can.

Zoap

Smash Master
Ok since I play with a reasonable amount of good falcon players in Norcal. Ill give you what I have on the matchup.

#1 Realize that you are at a disadvantage on most stages and ban accordingly.
#2 Use the stages that benefit Peach alot. Mute City is alway a good pick, but if banned go with either DK64 or DL64. Another good stage but sometimes banned in Jungle Japes.
#3 EVERY hit from Falcon including most grabs DI hard away from him. This will save you alot of agravating combos and damage. If he does catch your DI(He shouldnt) and gets a knee, remember to DI straight up and the jam the control stick or use toad to stop your spinning.
#4 TECH CHASE out of grabs, usually downthrow or upthrow. Follow and Dsmash untill they reach 40%.
#5 Once at 40% chain upwards till 80 and if the falcon doesnt know any better throw until 90 to a Nair.
#6 Make sure once he is off the edge keep him off. His recovery is fairly predictable use bair fair and nair to get him far enough to edgehog.
#7 SPACING. Most important of anything, space using bair turnips and fair.
#8 At low percents if you feel a Nair comin CC and Dsmash.

Ill continue more later I have to go.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
1. listen to zoap
2. watch out for nair... u can usmash his nair lol. space his nair or else you die.
3. veggies are fine too, unless they are chronic item catchers.
4. never mess up when edgeguarding falcon. EVER. he is easy to edgeguard but you have to know where he's going. never mess up. it could cost you.

this is coming from a falcon player's point of view. peaches who use gimpy grab combos and lots of priority are hard.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
for goodness sakes please do not counterpick CF with DK64. That would be his counterpick.

FoD, Corneria, Mute, (probably brinstar too) are all good levels for peach in this match.
Most neutrals are even. (DL, FD-unless you're playing darkrain, pkstm, YS, BF) all about even.
He counterpicks DK64, pkflts, RC, maybe a couple others i'm forgetting. CF owns peach on those levels.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Zoap: Mostly good points.

Falcon (as well as most other characters in the game) have the advantage on bigger stages, don't ban FoD or YS, it eliminates the other players camping ability for the most part, peach is easy to countercamp. Veggies are easy to avoid or catch. Don't always DI away every time, change it up or else you will always get a knee/upair. And if you are hit, don't DI up unless you're at a high percent, or else falcon can chase you with a few upairs n' whatnot, so at low percentages, DI away. If you can tech chase, do it. But peach is very slow and it might be a little difficult to do. Chain grabs only work until fifty to sixtyish percent if the falcon DI's up and wiggles, so don't expect to always go to eighty. Most falcons go for the ledge when they're coming back, keep that in mind. Peach's nair can outprioritize all of falcon's moves if you time it well enough. SPAM NAIR. Dsmash a lot as in all matches against FF's. As for counterpick stages, brinstar works very well, mute city is always a good stage, but falcon can actually do really well since there are very few platforms for the most part, which brings me to another point. Falcon has a big advantage on FD, platform game helps peach a lot, without them, falcon gets unlimited grabs and hits from grabs (not unlimited of coarse, but a much larger amount than with platforms.)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ahh ok. thanks all that gave me advice. So let me do some review to see if I got all of this....

-DI up and away from grabs and at times switch the grabs.

-Spam N-air since N-air can go through his attacks if timed right.

-Tech chase alot.

-Space myself

- Chain grab around 40%

- Counter pick stages with platforms to mess up his comb game.

-watch the way he tries to recover back on the stage and abuse him with Peaches edge guard.

- I believe patients so be on this list?

- His H-air can be cc to Dsmash

-Timed Usmash can brake through his aerials

Is this good enough?

Samochan

Smash Master
- Falcon outprioritises all of peach's aerials with his nair. Peach can break trough with timely executed nair or uair, but it's difficult since you need to do it before falcon does his and you should mostly try to avoid his nair completely. Rising nair outprioritises his dair though.

- Do not spam dsmash mindlessly, cause that'll only get you daired and kneed. Good Falcons will jump a lot to avoid your ground attacks, which include dash attack, jabs, frying pans, dtilt, ftilt, dsmash... yes, even ftilt. >_>; Good Falcons will also space themselves from you so you can't get attacks in or when approaching jump past you with nair. There is a fun trick here though.

- When Peach is dashing and cc'ing, Falcon goes right above peach, so contrary to Fox and Falco, you run/wd forward so he sailes right past you and then dsmash him. If you try to run away from him, you will get naired, since peach is not fast enough to avoid his feet like that. CC'ing his nair does work sometimes, but for some reason most of the time peach doesn't even want to cc the hits or falcon is just too fast and gets a jab/grab/another nair in.

- You can chaingrab from 20% to 80% >.> Falcon can actually jump away from you at lower%, but can't do nothing from it, since it'll only flash there and then he's on grab again.

- Against ledgeteching Falcon, dair works really well as an edgeguarder and if he tries to DI it up, time for a nair to send im out. You can also gimp him with turnips, pull out one, stand near the ledge and throw it at him 3-4 times to build up damage and he can't do nothing to it. ^^ Then you can finish with fair, usually they don't go for a sweetspot at this point. Remember that you can't fair or bair sweetspotting Falcons unless you drop from the float and good Falcon's will tech everything else cept dair. Dsmash and he'll walljump and up B you. >_> But if you know/see they don't tech, dsmash and bair all the way. ^^

- Avoid Brinstar, it's not good vs Falcon. He just doesn't die there and you'll just die with super ease. And you can't edgeguard with turnips either cause of the stupid side pillars! O_O Allow me to recommend Green Greens for peachsupercampyturnipandsmashappy stage. ^_^ Pokefloats can also work to some extend, just gimp him with chansey and make him SD, lol. Rainbow ride, not so much. >.> Jungle Japes is too good too. Corneria is a good stage in general too, just camp under the right wing and tech when he tries to KO. Mute City is generaly good stage, less room for falcon equals more pressure on him equals peach winning. ^^ DK64 can provide some gimping with the ledges and barrel can save you, but I don't fancy that stage that much.

- BF equals easy gimping with the edges and it's an even stage to counterpick vs falcon. DL64 makes you live longer, but so does he and the room gives him lot of maneuverability. YS is good stage, you can kill him from the ledge with fthrow at about 120% or so. ^^ Edgeguard, he ledgehops, dash away and back to avoid knee/nair and grab to fthrow. ^^ FoD is also one of the good stages, platform gimping ftw. FD is even, just chaingrab a lot and you'll have the advantage. Pokestadium is more advantageus for Falcon imo, big stage equals lots of maneuverability.

Top Bottom