• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 24 - SMT: Devil Survivor LAW IS VICTORIOUS #1 CHAOS LOSES AHAHAHAH

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I know. I wanted to see what you would have said. Now then. You did ask, and I'll tell you.

Mafia may want to take more time away from the thread to talk with their mafia brethren before going in thread, so that they know what to do in thread to carry out their evil agenda. It'll also give them more time to prepare to give their fake entrances into the game. Now confirming late isn't something really suspicious, but something I think about from time to time. I think what Kantrip and Rake said were good answers to my questions. You should probably read Kantrip's to understand it a bit better.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
That makes sense.

I can already tell, I'm going to be taking a lot of notes over the course of this game, lol.
Thanks Ran.

:006:

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
-What time zone are you in?
-How much mafia experience do you have, here or elsewhere?
-Why are you playing in this game?
-What is your stance with inactivity? How will you deal with it?
-What do you think of people confirming late? Is it suspicious? Why or why not?
- I'm on the east coast.
- I don't have any experience at mafia, but I'm typically good at anything psychology related.
- I'm playing because BW told me to and it looked interesting.
- I don't know. We'll see.
- I don't really think anything of it. They have lives, just like me.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Good Morning. Here is today's Laplace Mail.​
  • At 7:50 AM, A Game will be initiated between 9 players. This game will cause a number of causalities. The first causality will be estimated at April 6th, 11:59:59 AM.
Have a nice day.​
1st Day begins.
Votecount 1.1:
GaGa [0]
Xiroey [0]
Turazok [0]
Mari777 [0]
pawndidater2 [0]
Badwolf [0]
Ranmaru (SE) [0]
Potassium (IC) [0]
Rake (IC) [0]

Not Voting:
GaGa, Xiroey, Turazok, Mari777, pawndidater2, Badwolf, Ranmaru, Potassium, Rake.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Vote: Xiroey

Charizard avatar and Blastoise sig, with Venasaur no where to be found ? Hmmmm.

*IC Post*

We are now in RVS, the stage Kantrip talked about, as he said, at this point we don't have any real leads to work with, so all the player tend to just vote whoever for any and all reasons (or no reason at all), and we go from there.

To vote a player, simply do as I did at the beginning of this post:

Vote: (The player you want to vote for)

To unvote (take away a vote you've put on someone) simply use the command:

Unvote

You can vote and unvote any number of times you like, and at certain points throughout the Day, the mod will post Vote Counts.

A Vote Count is a list of all the player's voting, who they are voting for, and how many player's voting a certain person it takes to lynch them.

Lynching: This is the act of getting enough votes on a player to remove them from the game, this is town's main scum hunting and elimination tool, short of a Vigilante, lynching mafia is the only way town wins.

To lynch a player, there must be a majority of the living player's voting that player, for example, with 9 player's alive , it would take 5 player's voting one person to lynch them. After a player is lynched the game will enter Twilight until their Flip is posted, after a player's flip, the game will enter the night phase (where those dang dirty scummers (mafia), try to kill off townies(of course mafia will try to influence lynches so that townies are lynched, but I mean kill as In Night Kill or NK. I will talk about night phase more when we are closer to it, for now , you just need to know it is there.

After a player is lynched, their Flip will be posted by the mod with end of the day flavor (Flavor is the the theme of the game, in this case SMT Devil Survivor, so for example the flavor may be something like : "As the outbreak of demons arose, Player X, Vanilla Townie was trampled to death and lynched" (Of course the mod's flavor will be much better than mine lol :p ), a player's Flip reveals their role and alignment.

For example, if you lynch Player X, Player X's flip may appear as so:

Player X, Vanilla townie has been lynched !

or

Player X, Mafia Goon has been lynched !

*End IC Post*

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

By the way, there are obviously more roles than goon or Vanilla, the above was just an example of a flip. :D

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Soup you hoebag, stop using awesome flavors on newbie games. I would have played this!

Sub me if you need one.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

No way brony, :mad088:

Vote : Pawndidater

*IC Post*

This is an OMGUS vote. Also known as Oh-My-God-U-Suck vote. Basically the basis around it is just voting someone because they are voting you/pressuring you and that's the bottom end of it.

*End IC Post*

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Pwndiator is at L-2.

Vote: Ran
Not much else to say.

:applejack:
*IC Post*

L-2 is when a player is two votes from being lynched, L-1 is another common abbreviation , signifying that a player is one vote from being lynched.
Generally when player's get to L-2 or L-1, they claim.I will talk about claiming shortly

*End IC Post*

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh, sorry, I kind of missed. that. I didn't really mean anything, I just don't know who to vote for. Not really anything on the table yet.
What do you think of GaGa's question to you? Is it legit?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Because I'm actually a nice guy. I dunno.

@Xiroey: That's funny, because my flash cards tell me to vote GaGa!

Vote: GaGa

@pawndidater2: What do you think of Rake's OMGUS vote on you? How about Ran asking you about GaGa's question?

@Mari777: What do you think of the wagon on pwndidater?

*IC*

Wagon is the term for a build-up of votes on one player or another. Can't remember if Rake mentioned this

*End IC*

@Rake: Talk to me about how pwndidater has responded to the pressure. Got anything from it? Worth keeping the pressure on?

Kantrip

Kantplay
*IC*

I'd like to take this time to talk a little bit about intent. To put it simply, there are different factions in this game. The town wants to find and lynch all the mafia, and the mafia wants to blend in enough with the town to avoid being detected long enough to kill all the good guys. Since different factions have different agendas, it may be possible to look at the actions a player takes and discern their alignment based on what their actions accomplish. Since scum generally wants to APPEAR town, they will very likely fake all the things the townies are doing at any given point in time. Due to this, there are always multiple angles you can look at a player's actions from.

awndidater's alignment. By throwing his vote on, he is

So Ranmaru's action could fit with either scum OR town's agenda. The important thing is looking at a collection of actions each player takes and weighing both sides of all of them. That way you can decide which agenda makes more sense for that player.

Woo, that was a doozy. I hope it makes sense. Ran and Rake feel free to tear this apart or add to it or what have you.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Because I'm actually a nice guy. I dunno.

@Rake: Talk to me about how pwndidater has responded to the pressure. Got anything from it? Worth keeping the pressure on?
Hmm well you are a canadian like me.

So far, being that it's an RVS wagon he's done pretty well I think, there isn't exactly a lot to respond to of course, his answer's to Ran's questions seemed to be honest and I didn't see him trying to cop himself out of answering Ran. However these things largely float around being more of a null tell.

I'd like to see how he responds to continued pressure, but I don't think now is quite the time for it.

Speaking of, Unvote.

Being that you asked me this, i take it you have an opinion on it , yes ?

Kantrip

Kantplay
EBWOP: Middle portion should be something like this:

FOR EXAMPLE: You can look at a player randomly throwing their vote on a wagon without providing reasoning. Let's use Ranmaru's vote on panwdidater for this example. He could be town, and therefore doesn't know pawndidater's alignment. By throwing his vote on, he is applying pressure which will make it more likely for pawndidater to react and give everyone something to go off of to read his alignment. He could also be scum, and by throwing his vote on he hopes to lynch pawndidater and achieve a mislynch (or ML, which is a lynch on a town player). Either explanation works for why he would throw a vote on but not provide any reasoning.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hmm well you are a canadian like me.

So far, being that it's an RVS wagon he's done pretty well I think, there isn't exactly a lot to respond to of course, his answer's to Ran's questions seemed to be honest and I didn't see him trying to cop himself out of answering Ran. However these things largely float around being more of a null tell.

I'd like to see how he responds to continued pressure, but I don't think now is quite the time for it.

Speaking of, Unvote.

Being that you asked me this, i take it you have an opinion on it , yes ?
I didn't really have an opinion, myself. I was just wondering what you think. I do agree that nothing stands out as bad about how he responded, so I definitely agree with easing up on the pressure.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

That makes much more sense lol.

And I see nothing I need to correct you on, so good on ya mate :thumbsup:

Maybe the idea of actions seeming scummy, but having town intent. I can't really think up a good example because I'm going on 12 + hours of little to no sleep.

I'll check back here once or twice more if people want to chat before I try to get some rest again.

/RakeOut

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

and then I got ninja'd

*IC Post *

A "ninja " is not an assassin of the night in this case, rather it is when someone posts something addressing a question you have to them, before you have time to air it.

Say I want to ask Pawndidater about his read on Ranmaru, and as I am posting that, he posts and it contains an answer to the question i had.

In that scenario, Pawndidater Ninja'd mIn my case, my post 77 was in response to Kantrip's edit by way of post, but before I could post it, he posted something else, making it less clear that I was addressing him (context wise, it's clear I'm talking to Kantrip, as there is no one else in thread talking at the moment

*End IC Post*

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

*EBWOP*

In my case, he wasn't ninja;ing a question, rather the post itself, which was meant to be directly under his edit by way of post.

/making things clear

Top Bottom