• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New routine (?)

Nikco

Smash Rookie
Well I am pretty new to competitive smash, but some of my friends aren't, and in an effort to beat them I have been messing with Lucas a lot and seem to have found something useful.

Basically, short hop into an immediate airdodge and then anticipate whether or not you are going to land in front, behind, or almost on top of the character you're fighting. If you are in front, hold forward and tap A at the precise moment you land. The forward tilt will come out lightning fast and do decent knockback. Behind them, and you have to make a decision-- either stick them (fsmash) or tilt. The best is if you are almost on top of them-- it is scary how fast the up tilt comes out, and at low damage you can do it a couple of times. Sometimes I like to shorthop nair here, too.

You shouldn't spam this by any means, it's just another method of approach that can be incorporated into the usual sh pkfire or fair/dair approaches. If you spam this you will get shield grabbed... as a counter you can spot dodge or if you really want to take a gamble go with an upsmash(mindgames, haha). I also find that putting shield on the y button makes it easier to time the airdodge, but maybe I just suck with l/r :ohwell:

I have a bunch of other approaches I am working on, but I seem to be limited by my skills at pushing buttons right now...

Top Bottom