• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Lucas At?

Jelley

Smash Cadet
I was battling a Marth and I did a successful B-air, it was at 24% and I was able to footstool jump off of him immediately since Lucas' spike isn't powerful at low percents. Successful bair at low percent -> don't move once the spike hits -> jump at end frames of bair. I don't know if this has been known, if it's an At or not, but I can see it being useful in certain situations. Also, I have no clue if it works on other characters, other percents, etc. I have a replay of it but I don't have anything to upload it with as of now.

Marth died and had no chance of recovering after the footstool.

P.s. You will have to fast fall the Bair

Levitas

the moon
lol welcome to the Lucas boards ^_^

Idk if I'd call it an AT, but it's definitely a pretty cool trick.

Now all we've gotta do is figure out how to get good people offstage at low percents in a way that leads to bair lol :p

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
God****it! Don't fall back into the shadows. The heartless might get you!

Jelley

Smash Cadet
When I got back up onto the stage I grabbed Marth and did a back throw, I didn't move Marth was just trying to kill me.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
Also, at higher percents you will have to fast fall. I did this against a ganondorf at 10% (he was at 0% I did a back throw on the edge) and Lucas' back throw throws far so he was a decent distance away from the edge to spike-footstool jump him. If we can somehow lure the character to the edge at 0% and backthrow the opponent and successfuly bair-footstool, we could get really cheap kills.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
*facepalm*

If you DI the back-throw up, you won't be put in a bad position off-stage.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
*facepalm*

If you DI the back-throw up, you won't be put in a bad position off-stage.
Ok, sorry. I didn't know what you meant, it sounded like back throw up to me, lol. Anyway, yeah I get what you mean, you probably won't ever have somone off the stage at such a low percent. However, if you somehow do I think it would be useful against certain characters if you do a successful bair and footstool.

Levitas

the moon
it's cool, nobody comes to smashboards and understands all the jargon right away :p

I would prioritize understanding the current scene and its language as one of the first things you do here, though, it makes everything more fun.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
it's cool, nobody comes to smashboards and understands all the jargon right away :p

I would prioritize understanding the current scene and its language as one of the first things you do here, though, it makes everything more fun.
This should be the first thing everyone reads when they come to SWF.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Ive never done this before...seems cool
Especially if it can be done successfully on Marth (payback for the deathgrab!)
But can this be done on MK, Pit, and other characters with good recoveries?
Should be easy to get them off stage, just backthrow near the edge of the stage

Edit:
Wow look at all the new Lucas players

Jelley

Smash Cadet
Ive never done this before...seems cool
Especially if it can be done successfully on Marth (payback for the deathgrab!)
But can this be done on MK, Pit, and other characters with good recoveries?
Should be easy to get them off stage, just backthrow near the edge of the stage

Edit:
Wow look at all the new Lucas players
Haven't tested it too much yet. However, it works on Marth and lucas so far. I'm assuming it works on every character, but I'm sure Mk&Pit could recover depending on how many jumps they used to get back onto the stage (unless after the footstool they would already be off screen, I guess it depends on what percent it works on for them). Also, I'm sure each character's percent it stars working at and the percent it ends at for each character would vary depending on the characters. It's going to be hard to test the beginning percent and end percent for each character, especialy since I only have Cpu's to work with.

Oh and someone can help me if they want. I'm just going to start from the top left corner of the character select screen to the bottom right part of the character select screen, going left to right each row.

Adol Christin

Smash Cadet
What a coincidence, I just did that yesterday by pure luck and now I come here, I find this thread about this "AT".
I can tell it, it really works: it was against a Marth too, he had something like 30% and I tried a Bair. The knockback was really light and I tapped the jump button to go back to the ledge, and I footstoolled Marth in the process! My opponent was unable to recover and his second jump was already used!

This need to be tried again to check this out, but it seems to work well on Marth!

lil cj

Smash Lord
Yes anything to beat Marth!
I think I almost accidently did this AT today.
I did it on Pikachu but he got back to the stage
I guess it doesnt work on characters with decent recoveries

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean always footstool if you manage to bair offstage?
Rofl I thought it was the other way around.

I guess it would be slightly easier to perform now, assuming this is an actual combo that works all the time blahblahblah.

Since it's easier (although not by much) to get a bair off stage rather than a footstool (or any footstool in general).

Top Bottom