• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Game Modes Thread

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
This is a thread dedicated to discussing new possible game modes that the PMBR could create to replace an already existing game mode in the Special Brawl section of versus mode. They have already made one, being Turbo Mode replacing Curry Mode. Other modes that could be replaced include; flower, bunny, metal, clear, reflect, mega, mini, and slow. Please note that not all of these modes will be replaced (if any). There are other Special Brawl modes, but they do not have corresponding items that could be replaced. I'll update the OP with concepts for new modes that gain a fair amount of support.

Dragon Ball Z mode
All moves are cancellable on any frame. Example;

Jump Mode; Everything is jump cancellable.

Screw Attack Mode; Think of the wavedash combos.

Hit N' Run Mode; Everything is dash cancellable, even dash attacks.

Brawl; 99% chance of tripping.

Free Move Mode; Gravity? Please. Move freely up and down, completely free of the influence of gravity.

Mahvel Mode
Jabs cancel into tilts cancel into smash attacks. Up smashes are jump cancellable. aerials are cancellable into other aerials but only a max of 3, then you can cancel into any meteor/spike move the character has. Special attacks cancel all of those but aren't cancellable. If you really want to get deep into it, introduce meter and have final smashes that use meter and cancel everything.

It's Mahvel baby.

Stamina Mode With Stocks; Stamina mode with stocks.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I want Dragon ball Z mode.

All moves are cancellable anytime at any frame. Hit stun still applies. Turbo mode on Crack.

Shin F.

Smash Master
The modes we came up with in the CE thread before this one was started were Jump Mode, (where everything is jump-cancellable) and Screw Attack Mode, which I'm sure you can guess the meaning of. The mode most agreed upon for getting gotten rid of was Clear Mode, and it was generally thought that switching the item Reflect Mode uses to the Screw Attack instead of the Franklin Badge (if possible) would be a good way to avoid losing the Badge.

DBZ Mode would be like Project M Minus Max. Check Saito's signature for details.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
What about Hit n' Run Mode?

Everything you do on the ground is dash cancellable.

Edit: Even dash attacks. Imagine the salt! :troll:

All your nightmares of endlag are over.

Last edited:

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
What about Hit n' Run Mode?

Everything you do on the ground is dash cancellable.

Edit: Even dash attacks. Imagine the salt! :troll:

All your nightmares of endlag are over.
I think aerials should be dash cancelable too, don't ask how.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Combine with DBZ Mode / Turbo Mode and Fast Mode for ultimate cheese.
Holy sh*t you're right we can combine modes I forgot about that.

Turbo / Free Move / Hit n' Run / Jump / Screw Attack Mode.

Oh man, I'm never going outside again.

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
Fox Mode, everybody becomes a Fox clone. You can't handle the amount of shine.
Oh god that would look ridiculous on Bowser.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Screw attack mode would be hype.

The wavedash combos would be insane.

----------------------

Now most of the modes in here just sound like ridiculousness. Not that it's a bad thing.

What about a mode with Brawl's air dodge? :laugh:

Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
I want clear mode to work like Melee, invisible with pulses to show the characters position.

Oh, and a cloaking device item would be nice too.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
A couple things I would like to see is being able to control who gets the "special buff" So that a cpu can start as giant or metal and I can start as normal. That would be pretty awesome. Also the super light weight mode So you can fight as if its hundred man smash or cruel smash. Those modes would be insane!

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Soccer or Volley Ball mode that actually functions with a point count. Super Smash Strikers bois.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Anyone wanna compile the most popular modes in the OP?

I vote for:

a) Jump Mode - EVERYTHING IS JUMP CANCELLABLE GHAAAAAAA
b) Dash Cancel Mode also sounds pretty awesome
c) DBZ Mode - You can now just cancel everything into everything else.
d) Flight Mode: Infinite jumps, up-b doesn't send you into special fall, airdodging is directional but no special fall. FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Mahvel mode - jabs cancel into tilts cancel into smash attacks. Up smashes are jump cancellable. aerials are cancellable into other aerials but only a max of 3, then you can cancel into any meteor/spike move the character has. Special attacks cancel all of those but aren't cancellable. If you really want to get deep into it, introduce meter and have final smashes that use meter and cancel everything.

It's Mahvel baby.

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
OP updated, rejoice. Would you guys be interested in having a voting system similar to the Clone Engine Thread?

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
Nah. Just a simple popularity poll is fine, no need for all those complex rules here.
Well, I wasn't going to go as in depth. Like no negative votes or half votes, but yeah a popularity poll will work just fine.

Top Bottom