• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Famitsu pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
New pics in Famitsu (and some other Japanese magazine?)

Diddy's and possibly Little Mac's are new^

Sonic's, Olimar's, and Bowser's are new^

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just curious.
Could anyone translate the text?

There could be info that isn't the the daily pics.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The Zelda one mentions the phantom knight and Sheik but that's all I can make out of it.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So here's another scan, this one showing the screenshot with the Wii Fit Trainer's Male variant... a caption is placed on it too. Does it reveal/hint at anything, confirm alt skins or is it just the usual coy Japanese marketing?

tumblr_n31n0tIaEE1sle1hbo2_1280.jpg

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I wonder if the magazine confirms that Giga Mac is Little Mac's FS. Not that it's not the most obvious assumption, but it hasn't been officially confirmed...

Also, this is a good sign, right? Usually these type of articles come out when a game at least has like a set date, don't they?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
If its just mere speculation on the magazines part that would be a shame, nintendo could have at least given them something to work with upon the images they were given.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
From what I can gather, it seems they're merely wondering if the Male WFT will be a character or not... but it's hard to make out some characters.

Also, I can't read Kanji for crap. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I wish these Famitsu pics were more substantial, like showing off FSs, new items or even more skins than Male WFT. :/

SonicMario

Smash Master
Not a whole lot that's new. Even in the newer screenshots. (Unless you wanted confirmation on if Diddy used the bananas for his down b)

This might renew the debate about the Phantom Knight though. Considering that if Phantom Knight is an assist trophy. It sticks out like a sore thumb because every other screenshot is the character doing one of their special or normal moves.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I wish these Famitsu pics were more substantial, like showing off FSs, new items or even more skins than Male WFT. :/
Hey, it's a start... My guess is that this means they'll start covering the game in print, so we may get some new stuff in the near future, now that the possibility is open.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, Male Fit Trainer is very obviously a alt skin for WFT, so nothing odd there in that case. ^^

But well, still nice to see new images. Just would like to see bigger versions of them. :/

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
i doubt theres any new info
Well, it confirmed that the Banana Peel really IS Diddy's Down Special, and it confirmed multiple moves for multiple characters. Those things vere extremely likely, but it's still new info. :3

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
i doubt theres any new info
Yeah, probably not. Just a couple new shots that may or may not be from trailers coupled with the usual coy Japanese marketing... where they see an interesting screenshot and scream something about it in the form of a question without really offering actual info. Ever see Pokemon Sunday? Those guys can fake enthusiasm really well.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, it confirmed that the Banana Peel really IS Diddy's Down Special, and it confirmed multiple moves for multiple characters. Those things vere extremely likely, but it's still new info. :3
well yeah just an official confirmation of things we had already figured out

Yeah, probably not. Just a couple new shots that may or may not be from trailers coupled with the usual coy Japanese marketing... where they see an interesting screenshot and scream something about it in the form of a question without really offering actual info. Ever see Pokemon Sunday? Those guys can fake enthusiasm really well.
i know that to well

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
well yeah just an official confirmation of things we had already figured out

i know that to well
True, but still Info we technically didn't know for this game, so it's good enough, imo. ^^ Still wanna know what the text says, exactly.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Not conclusive, but some have speculated that Dixie might have replaced Diddy's down b and the banana in the official website was randomly spawned. So at least we have that confirmed to not be possible.

G-K

Smash Cadet
The Zelda pics says she summons the Phantom to attack O.o...

...disregard that. It's merely speculation

Last edited:

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
In regards to the Zelda picture my roommate roughly translates the text, "Call a Phantom/Phantom is called." The term 'skill' appears in the text as a noun, a partial description of what the Phantom is doing, and "It is unknown whether you can transform to Sheik."

It's a very rough and incomplete translation due to some characters being hard to determine but this does not grant us any additional information we do not already know.

If Phantom is a new attack for Zelda then we must absolutely assume that the writers of this article know for a fact that this is a new skill, if anyone else can provide further information that would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey, maybe Sakurai held back on a character this month so the famitsu article would be up to date when published?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hey, maybe Sakurai held back on a character this month so the famitsu article would be up to date when published?
Maybe, Famitsu is a big publication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom