• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New(?) edgeguard...can it be pulled off?

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
It just looks fancy. You can easily just drop down and maintain a float.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im my opinion, this would be best used as a mindgame, cause I can just throw a turnip the other way and start floating backwards and B-air people I can also hang on the edge then start floating to air attacks. But I belive this can be used well. best not to abuse it. Mindgame this for sweet kills. they wont see it coming........or will they........

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I had to watch is two or three times to realize that it actually turns Peach around so she can bair. Nice find. When I float out to bair I always autofloat from the stage which puts me at stage level. This would put me below stage level. I'll try it out. I'm flashy so I can proabaly make good use of this.

Edit: Alright I've tried it out, and it's actually a lot more useful than it looks. The way I do it is to run off the stage, then quickly Side B the stage. [But not too fast or you won't hit the wall.] It's (barely) faster than turning around, then jumping down there and floating. Plus it puts you pretty far back for when you start your float. It's also a little faster than hanging on the edge and then dropping and floating.

It is a little slow though and if they have a quick recovery you might not hit them in time.\. But definitely would be fun to pull off in battle.

Samochan

Smash Master
Imo, pulling a turnip and using that to turn around would be more effective, since it allows peach's jump momentum to carry her a long way if neccesary. And if you have second thoughs about jumping off stage, you can turn it into turnip edgeguard. :3 This could be used as a stall tactic to wait till they get close enough, then bair their faces. Could also be useful in teams in case you need to rescue your partner.

Top Bottom