• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new desynch?

TheHiveMind

Smash Cadet
I was playing one time, and When I was landing, I was holding up on the control stick, and popo landed and stayed on the ground, but nana kept doing short hop as long as I held up on the control stick. This works on any stage. I was wondering if I've discovered a new way of desynching, or is this already known. One way you can use this is to hit your opponent with u-tilt with popo, then have nana quickly land and either do u-tilt or u-smash.
I really want to know if ive discovered a new desynch, could someone tell me? If I did invent it, plz name it after me.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
exarch said:
6. Only has been referred to as “Number six” ("landing desynch" in DV) This is, IMO, the true land desynch, as the climbers desynch upon landing (no one goes back in the air). This is done (almost) immediately after Popo lands. He gets stuck in the land animation and Nana can do any attack by herself (except up b and over b). Easiest to see/do with a roll: i.e. screwed up wavelanding. DV

9. Fast Fall Desynch- Short hop, fast fall and jump again. Time this correctly and only Popo will jump the second time. Do an aerial, and have Nana do anything while Popo recovers (this means forget the lcancel). This is the most useful way to use this I’ve found. DV

12. n00b Nana Desynch- Occasionally when landing from doing and aerial, sometimes Nana fails to Lcancel it. Abuse the fact that Nana has more lag than Popo and desynch them. I can't so this one consistently, and don't have a full knowledge of how it works. If anyone does figure it out then post it. I have also had only Nana do something after an lcanceled aerial, I'll look more into this one. Still don't have a 100% way of doing this, seems to happen more often with uair though.
Pick one. Sounds the same to me.

TheHiveMind

Smash Cadet
Dogysamich, none of those describe what i did. As I was falling, I held up on the control stick and held it when i landed, and Nana kept jumping repetedly if I kept holding up. Those are just other, competely different landing desynchs. I wish I could post a video but I dont have a camcorder. I dont have many uses for it, but it looks pretty cool.
So can someone please tell me really whether this is new or not?!?!?!?!

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's not really new, it's somewhere in nealdt's video Double Vision if i recall correctly

always nice to find things on your own though; don't let people discourage you from trying new things and it never really hurts to ask

Top Bottom