• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"New" AT found?! DASC

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Hey guys this is a video i saw on youtube yesterday and i'm surprised i didn't see it being discussed yet. This AT is called DASC (Dash Attack Shield Cancel).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54mPByImY0

As you can see this is a very situational AT. Lucas is shown with some different options from 6:10-6:20. I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on this and if it's useful for a lucas to do.

Discuss!

~Nasty~

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
LOL. this thing. Meh it's not something we could use. I saw it being hyped and all, but I already knew what it was, and that we can't really do **** with it.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Seeing as how it only works when the opponent is at the very edge of the stage (or platform) AND shielding, I would say the usefulness of this tech is close to none.

Especially since during a match you want to be the one controling the central part of the stage, the odds that a player will be in that position is extremely low, and now that people know about this tech, they will be even more cautious towards being there

Sure it could have its rare uses, but would not be anything too important to focus on in the long run

lil cj

Smash Lord
I was also hype when i heard about this AT
and it wasnt what I thought it would be.
Unless Lucas can get a guaranteed bair spike from this
its no use to him:(
Good thing Wario can use this:)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lucas can Fair, Uair, Nair, or footstool Dair. Sourspot bair might work, I can't remember. Either way it doesn't spike. Anything else is avoidable, including the PK Thunder thing they show in the video.

A smart opponent isn't really going to put themselves into this position. They literally have to be right against the edge for it to push them off. Also, Lucas's dash attack takes ages and perfect shielding messes things up too.

It's not a very plausible technique for Lucas at all.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
^ lol

yeah i didn't think it would be anything that good for lucas. however, i feel that it can be attempted to be used after you die and respawn bc everyone always runs to the ledge and waits for the person to come to them in most cases.

~Nasty~

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
^Not only that but, it's common knowleadge that if your are sheilding near any leadge and are push off you can be attack. I'm no pro and I know to avoid being push off...so it's uses are surely limited. Looks cool, anyway.

Top Bottom