• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New And Trying To Stay With Falcon~

MasterKurei

Smash Apprentice
So im trying to stay as Falcon since i use him in N64 and Melee version and i said why not Brawl.So if you guys could help stay as a Falcon player i will like that a lot:cool:

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
I'm not the expert, but I have played Melee for a while and Brawl for a little less, but here's what I understand as the main differences

If you're used to Melee, Brawl's Falcon is quite a change.
-Brawl is weaker than melee's or 64's, making combos hard.
-Hitstun is much weaker, making combos hard.
-Falcon's hitboxes are smaller, making combos hard.
-The Knee has a one frame sweet spot, making combos hard.
-L-Canceling is gone, making combos hard.

So... if you want to play Falcon in Brawl, it's going to be much harder and different! But I like the challenge myself. I recommend going here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261037 and checking out the guides this site has to offer. Also, check out videos of good Falcon players in action.

Good luck!

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Adding to what the other guys have already said, don't forget to post videos of yourself playing as Captain Falcon on the "Rate My Falcon" thread. You'll get critiqued, and that's the easiest way to know your flaws (and correct them, obviously).

Glad to help out. Keep learning!

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Avoid this board.

Rest comes naturally with practice and after gaining experience

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
That's the main problem, actually. If you only practice against the same people (and you don't have enough money to go to tournaments), you'll never improve unless you KNOW what you're doing wrong.

So no, he shouldn't avoid this board.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
That's the main problem, actually. If you only practice against the same people (and you don't have enough money to go to tournaments), you'll never improve unless you KNOW what you're doing wrong.

So no, he shouldn't avoid this board.
Yes he should.

And the need of variety in opponents is common knowledge. So practice is all he needs.
He doesn't need a nearly dead sub-forum full of trolls.

Top Bottom