• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Never played on a Wii

CzarYoshi

Smash Rookie
I've only played Project M on PC, and I've never actually played with someone face-to-face (aka online with the ladder), how different is Project M on the Wii? Unfortunately, I live in an area that has NO smash bros. scene of any kind and the nearest tournaments (that I know of) are either in San Antonio (Which I live 4 hours away from) or Houston (6 hours away). For reference I live in the Rio Grande Valley, extremely south Texas. If I ever do find a tournament, what could I expect that it will be extremely different? I know wavedashing is a third of the length (unless you lower your radius a lot).

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Depends how well your PC runs P:M, because if you PC runs it at 60 FPS you probably won't notice any difference on console. I personally think that wavelanding and wavedashing are easier on console due to no lag (which generally isn't the case on PC).

Last edited:

CzarYoshi

Smash Rookie
Depends how well your PC runs P:M, because if you PC runs it at 60 FPS you probably won't notice any difference on console. I personally think that wavelanding and wavedashing are easier on console due to no lag (which generally isn't the case on PC).
Oh ok, that's good then. Yes, I can run it at 60 FPS unless there's a spike in ping from either of us. Oh really? That's good, I'm pretty bad at wavedashing to down smash, I always jump on accident.

Top Bottom