• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral/Baiting game

KoyalKitKat

Smash Cadet
First Post :D

Anyways, I've been trying to improve my smash game with Peach. I love Peach to death. I usually have no one to play with except tournaments every month. Even though it's always a close match, the only reason it's close is because they seem to bait me into some attacks even when they aren't that laggy and I FC aerials.

I feel like I need to work on baiting attacks from them as well. I've been playing too offensively with Peach, and now I understand why everyone says she is more defensively capable. Please give me suggestions on baiting people and how to do it, and in what situations I should use them in. Oh, and also interesting uses of turnips! <3 Turnips!

Thanks

Last edited:

Flux243

Smash Rookie
Patience is everything when playing Peach. Don't be afraid to spam turnips. And I mean spam. Especially against characters like Marth and Ganon, standing on the side of the stage and throwing out a wall of turnips can be very frustrating for your opponent. Get in the habit of dash-dancing all the time. Peach's dash-dance is pretty good and can lead to your opponent making mistakes which you can punish with dash attacks or FC nairs. Her wavedash is also extremely useful for baiting despite being the shortest in the game.

However, while Peach is largely a defensive character, it is important to learn when to go in on your opponent, so while you're still learning don't be afraid to experiment with that. At first you will probably make a lot of mistakes and get punished, but eventually you'll start to recognize what works and what doesn't.

Last edited:

shorty22

Smash Rookie
A couple of techniques that I use to bait out attacks are dash forward WD back its similar to dash dance but I prefer it because I feel its easier to move around with and throws them off a bit more than DD. The second one I use a lot is double jump canceling. it is useful because you can jump away and double jump cancel B-air or F-air back in with out them expecting it. You can also jump in and double jump cancel out to bait out an attack

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
DD is a lot more versatile than dash forward --> WD back since you can cover more ground and you don't have to deal with the 10 frames of not being able to do anything after you wavedash. Because you can act so fast out of a DD, it's also a lot more tricky. I would usually just DD, but dash forward --> WD back is still pretty good.

Top Bottom