• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Netflix Smash Stars (What if Netflix Made a Smash Clone?) - Building the Roster & Other Ideas!

NintenisKingten

Smash Rookie
I've had this idea on my mind for about a good while now. Netflix has dipped it's toes enough times into the gaming industry as it is, so creating a fully fledged platform fighter with all it's IPs on the service wouldn't be too far-fetched, so I decided to start a thread all about it.

I've gathered an pretty interesting idea for how the game would go. It'd be pretty neat think about who or what qualifies as a "Netflix All-Star" and how it'd solidify each series, which is partially why I dubbed it "Netflix Smash Stars". So sit down, grab a snack and let's rant about a possible platform fighter about a over-priced streaming service!

(As I'm writing this apparently some other user also came up with a similar concept to mine, which I didn't even know up until now! Oh well...)

Last edited:

NintenisKingten

Smash Rookie
Part 1 - The Basics!

Before we decide the Fighters, Stages, etc., we gotta first talk about how the game would actually play. What are the Mechanics? What would make it unique from other Platform Fighters? Can you Koopabackdashwaveslidehoverwalkmoonland? Well, no.

Smash Stars would be more Casual than Competitive, and the game's controls would reflect that. We're talking no L-canceling, no wavedashing, air dodging altogether! Shocking, I know...

And if it wasn't apparent from the game's controls then the game's engine should solidify this. Using Melee as an example, the engine would be a bit stiffer than that, making Dash-Dancing more fluid as a result. Think Smash Ultimate mixed with a bit of Street Fighter physics.

What would make it unique from other Smash Clones however, would be it's ununique-ness. The game would also share some traits with the actual smash series, such as having 4 Special Moves, a standard set of tilt attacks, Tether-Recoveries, Wall Jumping (albeit a little differently), Pivoting, and although it'd lack airdodging, it would have DI and SDI.

Oh and also rage.

Top Bottom