• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs Megaman Match up help

Bubztealuver101

Smash Rookie
NNID
The.ultimate101
Hey community!

Any suggestions on Ness vs Megaman match up? I have fought really good ones...and I have trouble on him for some reason lol. Any suggestion would help me and other who may have same problem out :) Thanks!

Last edited:

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
What specifically are you having trouble with when playing against Mega Man? (Mega Men?)

Can you not get past the wall of projectiles? Having issues getting in or recovering? Paint us a word picture.

Bubztealuver101

Smash Rookie
NNID
The.ultimate101
What specifically are you having trouble with when playing against Mega Man? (Mega Men?)

Can you not get past the wall of projectiles? Having issues getting in or recovering? Paint us a word picture.
Hey! Thanks for reply :D, Its generally those wall of projectiles and getting in D: Like if I jump to avoid his projectiles, he'll use his up smash (whicch seems like it has a wind tunnel that sucks you right into his attack) or he'll jump up and use forward air.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Hey! Thanks for reply :D, Its generally those wall of projectiles and getting in D: Like if I jump to avoid his projectiles, he'll use his up smash (whicch seems like it has a wind tunnel that sucks you right into his attack) or he'll jump up and use forward air.
Have you tried power shielding the projectiles or using air dodging his flame sword or up smash? Specifically, if you short hop into an air dodge when you think he's going to up smash, you should have enough time to throw out a punish of your own.

I'm also not sure what the priority is like on Ness' forward air compared to Mega's, but it may out prioritize it. If that's the case, don't be afraid try and catch him with that when he jumps up after you.

ilysm

sleepy
Also, it's important to note that there are two threads to talk about stuff like this. I'm pretty sure people have gone over Mega Man in the 'Difficult Matchups' thread, if you want to look there. :)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Fair is a problem for us against MM honestly. The range and speed of it is ridiculous. If you jump and air dodge it, a good MM players can punish that with a fast falled dtilt or even a DJ metal blade to cover himself.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'll leave this open for the time being and then merge it with the Difficult MUs thread.

Speaking as a Mega Man main, you're just going to have to really keep yourself a reasonable distance between him, not being too close or too far away. The closer you get to Mega the more he struggles. Well spaced fairs and nairs can help but you have to be very, very careful about placing them.

In my personal opinion, pellet (nair, jab, ftilt) is the most obnoxious thing to get past. SH pellet is ridiculous, and a Mega can actually pellet while holding a metal blade, so you'll never exactly know what they're going to do and you have to keep that in mind.

Yes, you can suck up some of his projectiles, but don't leave yourself open. Don't fall prey to wanting to suck up every pellet. Though sucking up Crash Bomb is typically okay because it'll generally be shot at a distance and you should have time. You just need to get past Mega's wall carefully (stage choice is your friend here too) by being mindful of the distance between you two.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
try to grab his buzz saw,you can absorb crash bomber, use pk fire quite a bit, only tips i got

Uffe

Smash Hero
Post #425 here. Mega Man is a pain. In For Glory he can time you out all he wants. In a tourney, things are different.

NorCal_DSS

Smash Rookie
NNID
DSShoaib
Perfect shield everything. Get him in the air, and keep him there. He's heavy, so backthrow won't kill until 130/140ish. PKT is a great tool to juggle him with. Everything else is just read-dependent, and punishing bad habits.

Top Bottom