• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness or Yoshi?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I understand this is the Ness section and you guys will probably be Yoshi racist, but I really need the facts!

I've been playing Ness for some time now. I've always loved to play with him., However, after all of this play, it seems like Ness is getting boring and his moves are getting repetitive. So, I tried a new character: Yoshi. I'm actually pretty good as him. My question now is which one I should be.

What I like about Ness:

-He jumps pretty high
-He actually HAS a 3rd jump
-His throws are teh best
-He has pretty good weight (more noticable than Yoshi's weight, IMO)

What I like about Yoshi:

-His HUGE 2nd jump
-His 2nd jump can absorb attacks
-His eggs are the best projectiles in the game
-He's a pretty good juggler
-He has some pretty quick meteor smashes

Based on that information, can someone tell me which one suits me better? If you can't tell which is better from that information, can you please give me a pros and cons list comparing both of them?

By the way, I'm sorry for posting this topic twice in different sections, but I really wanted to get information from both sides.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Choose who you're more comfortable with. We all chose Ness over Yoshi (most of us here in the Ness boards at least...).

You could try both....

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah, I hope someone here is pretty good at Yoshi AND Ness, otherwise you're not gonna find a lot of help, since you're asking for a comparison.

PwNess

Smash Rookie
What I like about Ness:

-He's a sexy beast.
based on the information you gave us, we can't really tell you which character suits you better since you haven't really told us what kind of playstyle you prefer. . like sage said, choose whoever you feel you're more comfortable with, and if you like them both, use both.

if you find Ness is getting boring, try using some of his other attacks in your game... and have fun with it. recently, i've been using his pk fire a lot more out of combos. ie: instead of a dthrow, fair, fair/dair, etc, try a dthrow, fair, pk fire(in the air i might add), etc. not only does it look cooler, but just landing a pk fire is gratifying enough.

if you want a comparison:

yoshi: His HUGE 2nd jump
ness: can jump out of shield and better djc'd aerials imo.

yoshi: His 2nd jump can absorb attacks
ness: his third jump IS an attack+psi magnet ftw

yoshi: His eggs are the best projectiles in the game
ness: pk thunder, used correctly, is the best projectile in the game, imo

yoshi: He's a pretty good juggler
ness: He's a pretty good juggler

yoshi: He has some pretty quick meteor smashes
ness: spike jacket.. kidding. ness has better throws?

convinced yet? just play ness... honestly. ness for top tier.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, one of the best Yoshi VS one of the best Ness, great vids. Also, Ness users are the LAST users on this board who are gonna make fun of another character. Cept maybe Mewtwo users...>_>

Top Bottom