• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help with magnet pulling

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
when i run, jump froward, pk fire backwards, and down b, i get pushed a little, but if i do the same thing, but instead of pk firing backwards, do it in the direction im running, the downb doesnt do anything....:confused::dizzy:

also, why does the magnet pull me farther when i did a wavebounced pk fire rather than a regular pk fire...

Veril

Frame Savant
GAHHHH AGAEGRNORW:NGWR:NGOWRIBNGWRg

"hyperventilates"

PK-fire produces an effect known as recoil. This gives Lucas an effective airspeed that temporarily is much higher than his normal maximum. Because Psi-magnet conserves momentum during its warm-up, you have a massive boost, known as a "Magnet pull". Using PsiM normally and you don't have the momentum to power a magnet pull.

the video I'm making is about this sort of thing.

Veril

Frame Savant
^^ half-wrong.

I just want everyone to know: whenever a thread like this is made, I drown a sack of kittens. Yeah, its on your conscience now :p

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
but why does wavebounced pkfire give psim more power than regular pkfire

MUA HA HA HA HA! MUA HA HA HA HA

I LOVE ALL ANIMALS, EXCEPT I HATE CATS!!!! NOW THERE ARE LESS OF THOSE HORRID CREATURES!

Levitas

the moon
wavebounced pk fires give 2 recoil effects in the same direction, where pk fire usually has 2 recoil effects in opposite directions as far as I can tell.

Also, Q&A thread please. I promise we answer questions there.

Veril

Frame Savant
wavebounced pk fires give 2 recoil effects in the same direction, where pk fire usually has 2 recoil effects in opposite directions as far as I can tell.

Also, Q&A thread please. I promise we answer questions there.
PK-fire ONLY has backwards recoil.

wavebounced fire takes the normal forward momentum and the recoil of a turnaround PKF and inverts it, so that all the motion is backwards, because of the b-reversal.

Levitas probably gets that, for those who don't:

You move forward: Forward momentum. +
You pkf backwards (turnaround pkf): backwards recoil backwards: recoil momentum forwards =

Large forward boost, > b-reverse: backwards (recoil and normal forward motion) =

Wavebounce PKF, a large boost backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom