• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

nana SD when edgehogging

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm having a lot of trouble with nana SDing when i WD or SH to edgehog (she goes off the stage, then doesn't seem to DI back onto the stage with her DJ and just falls to her death)

is this a common problem with a common solution? maybe i'm DI-ing away from the stage for too long or something?

bork1bork2bork3

Smash Rookie
hmm. if this a constant problem, you could try desynching a blizzard and wavedash to the edge while nana is busy. it should work

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
There are times when you must edgehog quickly, and to desynch something first would be too slow, leaving the opportunity missed.
Nana SDing when you edge hog happens with me also and my solution is to jump off the edge as soon as shes near it (like, she's going to fall past you, but you simply leave the edge so she grabs on before she misses it). I've just recently made this theory, but it should work in practice and keep the edge hog invulnerability to boot.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yeah, Nana can be pretty pretty dumb at times. Luckily this isn't too hard of an obstacle to overcome. What Hozart said is the most effective way to simply save Nana. Unfortunately most the time this leads to a missed edge-guarding opprotunity. A neat thing about the IC is that their up-B can be sweet spotted and therefore cancelled. When Nana starts to drop past you immediately drop and up-b right next to the ledge, Popo will sweet spot the ledge, conitnuing to ledge hog and regaining invincibility frames, and Nana will pop back up in the air. You can repeat this as many times as needed, until you've succeeded in whatever edge-guarding task you had. Afterwards use a hammer squall with both Popo and Nana to return to the ledge.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I think Nana just SDs when you wavedash farther than necessary to edgehog. The extra momentum carries her over.

So you can space your wavedash so you barely get to the edge or just jump to edgehog. I've never had her SD from a jump to edgehog...

Top Bottom