• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

nair jiggs best move

Mr.C

Smash Master
so nair ***** you dont even have to lcancel it
u can nair fade away nair go behind your opponents shield etc
nair rest, nair fsmash
ya it pretty much ***** people should use it more.

also when you nair someones shield your body is already in duck animation, so if they try to shield grab and you rest instantly they will get hit.

you can also nair if they get hit you can rest or fsmash depending on %'s

^^already know King showed this already but no one uses it for some reason

Bailey

Smash Hero
lol. Mr.C you are right I have been stating to use that move for edge-guarding since I don't trust my timing sometimes against The Space Animals and crap because of the Left B but I jump off the stage towards them doing it and either one of their recoveries are done. Also I didn't know about the ducking animation thing that is pretty cool thanks you get rep.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Rest farly surpasses Nair.

What exactly is a Nair going to do against a Laser camping Fox/Falco. The only reason that Jiggs isn't countered harder by Fox, than the IceClimbers are countered by Peach is Uthrow Rest. Rest also creates fear in the opponents of Jiggs, so it totally changes their gameplay ie. laggy, slow moves, and spacing are used in a way they wouldn't have been previously without the existance of rest. hmm. so in conclusion Rest>>>>>>>>Nair. Just b/c King started using Nair doesn't mean everyone should bow down to the "ultimate power" of Nair. It's situational, and might at best get a 7.5/10. Rest=9.9/10 since it has a signifcant drawback even if it connects. Bair= 9/10 b/c even with perfect spacing, it still cannot outrange Marth's shield. Please stop assuming Nair was started by King, and that it is amazing. Nair is "OK"..

Good Day Sirs.

Mr.C

Smash Master
try grabbing a pro fox and falco lollll

nair leads into easy rests to every char if it hits.

and i never once stated king started the "nair" king was the person who is recognized when someone does a nair rest

vs pro fox, falcos, marth, cf, sheiks, a jiggs will get atleast 1-2 rest in the whole set if your trying to do uptilt rest or upthrow rest.

but nair rest are always guarenteed if done right

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Mr C, just because you land nair to rest all the time doesn't mean the rest of us can <_< and you don't even play Puff so stfu. <3

And you shoulda told me about the SA tourney. I heard Jordan ***** everyone.

Mr.C

Smash Master
jordan beat me
fear beat caveman
flt let jordan go in winners
flt lost to rob$
then jordan barely won rob$ i think

and jf skilled peeps can nair rest like people who are good at this game?
LOL

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea, nair rest isnt that hard, I was just messin with ya. Anyway, I wish I coulda been there. Austin sux now that everyone from UT has gone back home.

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
I have been using Nair quite a bit lately, guess I will have to look into this Nair to Rest being nearly guarenteed, Im always scared to get Taunted>Falcon Punched.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
imo bair is jiggs best move. not so much as "one move" itself, but overall through a match i would say that's where most of the damage would come from. nair is awesome though and has helped my gameplay a lot. i do more edgeguarding(wop) than rest anywayz.

Mr.C

Smash Master
the title of this thread shouldnt be taken literally, I was just trying to point out how effective nair is as a move and not to many jiggly puff players use it to its maximum.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
Rest farly surpasses Nair.

What exactly is a Nair going to do against a Laser camping Fox/Falco. The only reason that Jiggs isn't countered harder by Fox, than the IceClimbers are countered by Peach is Uthrow Rest. Rest also creates fear in the opponents of Jiggs, so it totally changes their gameplay ie. laggy, slow moves, and spacing are used in a way they wouldn't have been previously without the existance of rest. hmm. so in conclusion Rest>>>>>>>>Nair. Just b/c King started using Nair doesn't mean everyone should bow down to the "ultimate power" of Nair. It's situational, and might at best get a 7.5/10. Rest=9.9/10 since it has a signifcant drawback even if it connects. Bair= 9/10 b/c even with perfect spacing, it still cannot outrange Marth's shield. Please stop assuming Nair was started by King, and that it is amazing. Nair is "OK"..

Good Day Sirs.
sorry chozen, but rest isnt that good of a move. pound >>> rest or nair.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Sorry good sir, but pound is slow, and laggy.. and don't forget that the main purpose of a pound is to knock an opponent into the air so you can juggle them, and then ultimatly put them into a position to rest combo them.

Mr. C- I play against Chinesahh, G-Reg, Kirbstir, and the rest of Team Arlington. Good mindgames will get you grabs. Weak arials to rests are nice trix, but in the end a well placed grab-->rest is far more reliable.

Good Day Sirs.

DYC

Smash Champion
Apparently someone missed the lesson where they taught sarcasm.

I didn't know there was someone left on this forum that actually takes what I say seriously.

Mr.C

Smash Master
you know you cant take a man serious when he has someone named Fob Money in his crew. =]

CHUK

Smash Ace
Sorry good sir, but pound is slow, and laggy.. and don't forget that the main purpose of a pound is to knock an opponent into the air so you can juggle them, and then ultimatly put them into a position to rest combo them.

Mr. C- I play against Chinesahh, G-Reg, Kirbstir, and the rest of Team Arlington. Good mindgames will get you grabs. Weak arials to rests are nice trix, but in the end a well placed grab-->rest is far more reliable.

Good Day Sirs.
Its al labout timing the pound and it pisses people off because of the invisible range and that it knocks them behind me to get bair'ed and its priority if used right.

Top Bottom