• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nabbit Steals The Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
After the release of New Super Mario Bros. U, a character under the name 'Nabbit' appeared as a minor antagonist. In the later installment of New. Super Luigi U, Nabbit is made a playable character and actually REPLACES Mario. He probably doesn't have a huge possibility of getting in, and if Luigi, Peach or some other Mario series character appears, that's 4 reps and Nabbit will get the boot for sure. But the games he's in are pretty recent so we can't say he has 0% of a chance.

His moveset would be pretty funny and unique, so I've once again made one. I'm creating this thread on my phone, so I sadly can't write letters in Bold. But here goes.

B Neutral: Bag Swipe
Nabbit swipes his bag in front of him, he does this repeatedly if the B button is kept pushed. This causes a good knock back if percentage is high.

B Side: Koopa Toss
Nabbit opens his bag and releases a Koopa Shell. This would work like the item, and any opponents hit will be tossed in the air. The shell would keep going until either it falls off the edge or dissapears after a while. To make it fair, players can jumpon it to stop it, pick it up and throw it back at Nabbit.

B Up: Bag Wave
Nabbit waves his bag in the air. This is a weak attack to use on people while on the ground, but is very handy to use if used from bellow a falling opponent.

B Down (On Floor): Nab Ears
Nabbit uses his long ears to flop them up and down. This can be used as a spam attack, but if used to much, after finishing the attack, Nabbit will have the dizzy animation and be vulnerable for a few seconds.

B Down (In Air): Stomp
Nabbit pushes his way down to the floor and stops with his shoes. This is powerful if used from a high distance.

Final Smash: Kidnap
Nabbit will be allowed to stuff players in his bag just by touching them for a limited amount of time. Once the Final Smash is over, all players that hot caught will go flying out.

That's it. Hope you enjoy my moveset, and once again, feel free to post Palette Swaps and Icons! ^^

grizby2

Smash Lord
hey there, and welcome to the boards!

I think there was already a Nabbit thread somewhere. but if not, then good on you, for making the thread.

I think Koopa toss would be kinda over powered, cause koopa shells for whatever reason have an UNGODLY amount of knock back. it'd be kool though if a koopa emerges from the shell and acts like a waddle dee, except maybe the AI is smarter.

also, while researching Nabbit ive discovered that enemies cant harm him at all, so he's be top tier against ..say, bowser, ganon, K rool, ridley.. :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not necessarily a fan of the character, but I want to point out that he kind of ruins Toad's claim of being the only character playable in a Mario platformer to not be playable in Smash (unless mind gymnastics lead to him being called a Luigi platformer character :troll:).

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
hey there, and welcome to the boards!

I think there was already a Nabbit thread somewhere. but if not, then good on you, for making the thread.

I think Koopa toss would be kinda over powered, cause koopa shells for whatever reason have an UNGODLY amount of knock back. it'd be kool though if a koopa emerges from the shell and acts like a waddle dee, except maybe the AI is smarter.

also, while researching Nabbit ive discovered that enemies cant harm him at all, so he's be top tier against ..say, bowser, ganon, K rool, ridley.. :troll:
I hope to God there's not already a Nabbit thread. I'll grow tired of creating threads for characters who I didn't even know had threads already.

Anyway, fair point. I guess it would be overpowered. Maybe a Goomba Toss or something? Also, yeah. Don't ask me why Nintendo made me invulnerable to enemies. But he can't use Power-Ups, so he's not all perfect.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I hope to God there's not already a Nabbit thread. I'll grow tired of creating threads for characters who I didn't even know had threads already.

Anyway, fair point. I guess it would be overpowered. Maybe a Goomba Toss or something? Also, yeah. Don't ask me why Nintendo made me invulnerable to enemies. But he can't use Power-Ups, so he's not all perfect.
no worries.

Not necessarily a fan of the character....
yeah, hes a fresh Mario character. it'll take time to warm up to him.

... (unless mind gymnastics lead to him being called a Luigi platformer character :troll:).
that's a terrible idea!
pulls out notepad*

(note to self - "luigi platformer character", send idea to sakurai asap)

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Bandanna Waddle Dee but :
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-mushroom-bandit-nabbit.336482/

And if you want to know which character already have a thread look here :
http://smashboards.com/threads/character-discussion-guidelines-listings-e3-2013-update.324452/

Oh and Welcome to Smashboards, do you know about our lord and savior Ridley ?
Oh, thanks! That'll be helpful. And thanks for the welcome :3 Yes, Ridley is awesome. While I'd prefer him being a boss, I wouldn't mind him playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom