• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Lucas (HUNH)

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941

What's up people. My name is D-Shep on smashboards, but people call me iTCH or El Muerte on allisbrawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XeFNw2RoXE&feature=channel_page

here is a video (just me playing around with a college buddy) nothing 2 fancy or whatever... This is not the best video, but the only video he allowed me to post up... b/c I 3 stocked him in the others... So enjoy please, and comment POR FAVOR

also, if yall have any question about Lucas, I'll be more than willing to help y'all out in anyway that I can. SUPPOSEDLY, I have the Best Lucas in my state so far and I've won 3 tournaments with this little BASTID (shut yo mouth) im just talking about Lucas. But whatever.

I DONT B-STICK sorry, if u see me do anything wierd, I TAUGHT MY SELF how to do advance techniques without b-sticking, and plus that would probably mess my MAY-LAY game up if i relied on b-sticking then tried to go back, so the only thing I have changed is my Tap Jump.

For the people interested in learning how to do advance techniques without b-sticking... reply here, and i'll make a video soon (whenever i get my wii back) showing you how to some kewl tricks with the little boy...

HUNH

(this game winner is LUCAS)

OH YEAH... after a while in this vid, i got pretty bored, so he got a pretty nice comeback i guess you can say, but i was just playing around with him... yall can watch my falco and wolf vids if yall want to also and critique those, I WOULD <3 yall 4 it...

ONE LAST THING: im having a LUCAS ONLY TOURNAMENT online (FOR CANADA AND AMERICA)
umm, if any of yall have an allisbrawl website add me EL MUERTE and join my Lucas Players group and i'll give you more details about that when the time comes... or you can send me a pm

Irsic

Smash Ace
Absorbing ZSS stun gun is a double edged sword - This ZSS didn't know, but he pretty much has a guaranteed grab on you when you do it.

Never land directly in front of your opponent when coming down. Free hits on you.

Try not to SH fair. It's a terrible habit that will get you shield grabbed into oblivion. It's only a good idea when you're punishing....but even then you normally have better options to set you up such as grabbing, or half of an nair -> fsmash.

Several missed grab opportunities, which I know is another slippery slope for Lucas since his grab takes 13 frames to come out, but you definitely would have had it in several different occasions.

You're pretty good without B-sticking, but you need to pivot before you jump to get the backwards momentum that you weren't getting in most places with your PK Fire. It should look as if you're bouncing backwards when firing your PK Fire when SHopped, not firing it mid-air and stopping where you are once fired.

Fast fall FHopped dairs. I couldn't tell if you did this in the video, it had weird quality where it seemed kind of choppy, and maybe didn't look like you were fast falling them.

Just a couple of nit picks, pretty good Lucas. I liked your jab cancel into nair.

Also, these threads are getting out of control. We need a 'Get your Lucas critiqued here' thread.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
really good Lucas :D
the only things i could say, is that you seem to use sh bair and fair, but they're not working, do something about it
nice jab cancel to aerials, but i don't know, it looks like they can be faster, are you cancelling the jab combo the right way?
btw, i've never seen the guide you were woriking on

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
APC, ABOUT THAT GUIDE MAN... man, i was done with it... but I have 2 laptops and the one i had it saved on decided it wanted 2 crash on me... so im SLOWLY WORKING ON IT AGAIN... but it'll be up soon tho... i got some of your vids included...

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Absorbing ZSS stun gun is a double edged sword - This ZSS didn't know, but he pretty much has a guaranteed grab on you when you do it.
dsmash is abosrbable without getting grabbed. her neutral B is also absorbable without getting grabbed. I am not seeing where the grab idea comes into play. cancel the magnet with a roll and the grab will not land, then you have a free usmash. :)
Try not to SH fair. It's a terrible habit that will get you shield grabbed into oblivion. It's only a good idea when you're punishing....but even then you normally have better options to set you up such as grabbing, or half of an nair -> fsmash.
SH fair is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. against opponents with gigantic grab ranges, yes; against opponents with crappy grab ranges, no. SH retreating fairs are not that likely to get shieldgrabbed. another thing to note is that he is playing ZSS which is fine to fair against, because her shield grabbing is not practical.
Several missed grab opportunities, which I know is another slippery slope for Lucas since his grab takes 13 frames to come out, but you definitely would have had it in several different occasions.
agreed. and pivot grab is 15 frames, regular is 13.
You're pretty good without B-sticking, but you need to pivot before you jump to get the backwards momentum that you weren't getting in most places with your PK Fire. It should look as if you're bouncing backwards when firing your PK Fire when SHopped, not firing it mid-air and stopping where you are once fired.
Yes. as Irsic has stated it is better to get the recoil effect. you should know when to use it as well. you do not have to wavebounce every time you pk fire. i did not wavebounce every time when i used to b-stick, because it makes your ability to mix up your spacing game diminish. if you fly back the same amount of space, then it is easier to predict when you land. mix up the distances.
Fast fall FHopped dairs. I couldn't tell if you did this in the video, it had weird quality where it seemed kind of choppy, and maybe didn't look like you were fast falling them.
Did you even FH dair? i watched until you got bored, because i will not criique a sandbagging player, however, the parts that i did watch i saw like one dair. dair is a way better approach than nair, especially against ZSS. all she has to do is jab you and it cancel nair. dair is pretty good because she doe not have any grounded moves with which to hit you when you dair.
Also, these threads are getting out of control. We need a 'Get your Lucas critiqued here' thread.
QFT!

Adapt

Smash Lord
Get a better opponent, he doesn't seem to be in your league at all

flipjump is an absolutely terrible approach, and so many missed opportunities

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
ZSS up tilt hit's funny... just like wolf's up smash... there is 2 hit... one from the front and back... and then one on top as she does a hand stand... whatever

and the flip jump isn't bad, it's a way to prevent opponents from approaching you from behind

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
haha, well we all have our own opinions about what move's to use with lucas, if that wasn't the case then all lucas players would play like all falco and fox players in melee (shine and pillar people) b/c everybody else does it...

having different approaches or evasive moves it what makes Lucas players UNPREDICTABLE

doing the normal f-air, d-air, n-air is all too predictable and readable, throwing in a couple of b-air mixes up the game... and it prevent opponents from chasing you from the rear... try it a couple of times ESPECIALLY AGAINST MK'S and snakes man.. it works... other wise... i wouldn't have won any tournaments with lucas without changing my air game and ground game

Chuee

Smash Hero
haha, well we all have our own opinions about what move's to use with lucas, if that wasn't the case then all lucas players would play like all falco and fox players in melee (shine and pillar people) b/c everybody else does it...

having different approaches or evasive moves it what makes Lucas players UNPREDICTABLE

doing the normal f-air, d-air, n-air is all too predictable and readable, throwing in a couple of b-air mixes up the game... and it prevent opponents from chasing you from the rear... try it a couple of times ESPECIALLY AGAINST MK'S and snakes man.. it works... other wise... i wouldn't have won any tournaments with lucas without changing my air game and ground game
You won tournies wit lucas?
And yeah its good to mix things up but if your not careful you'll find yourself getting punished, but B-air has few lag frames so its safe sometimes :)

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
The bottom line is: he beat him... I think..

soo he doesn't need to change anything 'bout his play...

=D

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
D Shep
if u want us to critique your videos, post them in the Critique thread. there's too many threads like this right now and some got closed. you can even add your videos' to the lucas video compodium if you want to.
and not many lucas' B-stick because you can wavebounce, zap jump and magnet pull without bsticking.
if u want to contribute to the Q+A thread, please do; you'll be more than welcome to. but dont tell people to ask you questions on this thread; we've been having some problems with people making too many meaningless threads here.
PLEASE dont take what i said the wrong way; i didnt mean anything by it.
also, welcome to the Lucas Boards =]
:094:

Top Bottom