• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My ICs are tEh sUxx0rZ. Please help!! (vids)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17UUp9trh8A Marth vs. IC FD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXOeE38hMS4 Marth vs. IC FD

I won these basically by luck. I don't really know how to do anything but ice blocks, wavesmashes, and infinites when my hand doesn't slip. Well, I know HOW to do a lot of other stuff, but not really how to use it. I can desynch from spotdodge, roll, dashdance, and pivot, but I don't really know how I should be using the desynching so most of the time I just do some desynched smashes or something. I have a lot of trouble keeping the climbers together once Marth gets a hit on them. I find it virtually impossible to come back off the stage, or from the ledge.

And when I'm doing the infinite, I have a couple problems. Right when I grab, I tend to tilt a little too hard causing Nana to throw them sometimes. When I practice at home I have my arms resting in my lap, but here my arms were out in front of me, which I think makes subtle control stick adjustments more difficult. Also, shortly after I get it started, my opponents tend to mash the controller frantically and make a lot of noise, which causes me to **** up. And lastly, even when I do get the infinite established and controlled for sufficient amount of time, I have some trouble with the dthrow => dsmash. I've tried using the control stick for dthrow, then the cstick for dsmash, but sometimes Nana just throws them off to the side when I do this. I don't get it. And when I use the c-stick twice sometimes Nana throws them or just lets them go. Or she downthrows but I miss the dsmash because I'm terrible. So basically I need some advice on how to do throws to smashes from grabs.

Yeah, so...I'm pretty bad with them, but I like playing them, particularly because they piss people off so much, so I'd like to get better. My goal is to start a fistfight by having the gayest ICs ever.

I'm aware I'm bad with ICs, (I'm pretty good with some other characters--I'm not a total noob) so I can take the criticism.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: In the second one (# 21) at :51 Marth does a forward smash that hits Nana forward and Popo backward. I didn't even know the fsmash had hit boxes back there. WTF?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Edgeguard, block chase, and don't anticipate too much.

That's all I can tell... and I only watched the first one.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
well..you kinda didnt desync enough in either of them. Desyncing is an awesome mindgame and an awesome attack strategy. And you wobbled alot, not bad, but after awhile he probably expected it. You did good, though, really, just work on playing them as two people rather than one person and you're enemy will practically be killing himself in fear of you :)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
well..you kinda didnt desync enough in either of them. Desyncing is an awesome mindgame and an awesome attack strategy. And you wobbled alot, not bad, but after awhile he probably expected it. You did good, though, really, just work on playing them as two people rather than one person and you're enemy will practically be killing himself in fear of you :)
I did some friendlies today with ICs and I'm doing a little better. A lot of the time when I desynch though, I end up getting my climbers separated. And then I fail to get them back together.

Been trying to Nanapult but can't really do it very well. Is there a specific part of the spot dodge/ roll / whatever where I have to input dash => jump => down B ? Because I keep inputting it and it seems very random as to whether it works. Most of the time Nana just blizzards, and occasionally Popo leaps forward and blizzards.

If I desynch a lot, won't that make it harder to start infinites? Remember, my goal is to be as gay as possible.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
lol @ the last sentence...But it isnt always bad if you seperate and dont get back together. Most people go for the nana kill, and while they're distracted you can usually do some solo attacking which confuses them. For the nanapult, make sure you're pressing the buttons in the correct order and firmly. You need a dash and a jump, so pressing forward and up usually only makes a walk and a jump, need that dash. I also find it usually works when you input towards the end of the animation. If you want an easier setup though, dont spotdodge, try doing a nanapult out of a repeating desynced ice shot. It's more lag and it inputs easier.

And enjoy pissing off your opponents, isnt it just oh so fun? :)

gwyne

Smash Apprentice
I love the way how u infinite, try to desynch a little more and dont forward B wen nana is gettin hitted if u are below the plataform

IceZ

Smash Cadet
I think you use the icycles a little too much but i dunno, also try focusing on the short hop out of wavedashes

NewGuy24

Smash Rookie
Don't even try to d-throw out of the infinite. Just hit d-smash on the c-stick after about 175% or maybe higher depending on the character.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Don't even try to d-throw out of the infinite. Just hit d-smash on the c-stick after about 175% or maybe higher depending on the character.
I've actually completely mastered the infinite by now. I can start it successfully from almost any situation (wavedash, waveshield => grab, shield grab, dash grab, desynch blizzard => grab => infinite, etc.) about 95% of the time if the damage is past 20%. If it's before then I may still be able to start it if my opponent isn't paying attention.

If you hit down on the C-stick randomly it will either cause Nana to downsmash or Popo to downthrow. You have to hit it when Popo is headbutting.

Regarding the above post:

Actually I don't think the infinite is very hard at all. It's strange because I just went to this tournament and there were a couple Ice Climbers there who were quite a bit better than me but who couldn't do the infinite. They could do the chaingrabs, and they knew about the infinite, but it was too hard for them. I guess I just have a good sense of rhythm. You just have to maintain a beat of about 200 bpm (probably +- 5) as soon as you do the first headbutt. I can go to 999% or stall until a match runs out. At least I could if that were legal...

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Not bad but not great either, ur wobbling skills r better than mine however ur desynching skills r no good. The best part of one of the videos was when u were on the ledge and u come up with a neutral A and hit the opponent with it OMG who does that LOL XD!! And show me a vid where there is no SD's.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Not bad but not great either, ur wobbling skills r better than mine however ur desynching skills r no good. The best part of one of the videos was when u were on the ledge and u come up with a neutral A and hit the opponent with it OMG who does that LOL XD!! And show me a vid where there is no SD's.
Eh, I hadn't been using the ICs long at all when I recorded these. I wobble perfectly now, desynch fairly frequently, and only SD about once every two matches. Still too often, but oh well. :(

Top Bottom