• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My falco / falcon vids... against a marth... suggestions welcome

Adman

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3NTY52Da2Q

This is the match for 2nd or 3rd place in a tournament held by the ssga at the University of Manitoba, its got 3 matches in it... the first 2 being my falco (Adam / Dave) vs (Wilsons / Mugz's) marth, the 3rd is of my falcon vs wilsons marth...

I've played him before, but almost exclusively at tournaments, where i get my only real chance to play against marths... Vids worth watching... and would appreciate suggestions that would directly help me in regards to what u see in the vids

I know the one place i can beat him is at the edge, but it wasnt happening for me in those matches... plus battlefield as my ace in the whole was banned for our matches rawr!

The rankings for that tourn were Russel, Wilson, then me... ive put the link to mine and russels matches in another post

And finally i did not upload this, but appreciate the effort from the guy who did

random smasher

Smash Apprentice
lasers are your friend, use them
there were no shine combos in either falco matches
try dairing out of the shield to start a shine combo you don't always have to shieldgrab
they were some good matches though

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
You could use a change in strategy; you need more lasers and more shine combos. I suggest you take a look at the videos stickied in the Falco forums and some of the guides.

Adman

Smash Rookie
yup more lasers... and as for shine combos i can do shine combos against marth cause i have practice against sheik... but it find it alot hard to get em off when im spacing myself looking for an opening, rather than just making one against sheik... but ya... dair outa shield... sounds simple and like something i could pull off on him... thankies

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
Falco pretty much makes all of his own openings. That's what lasers are for. You tend to laser from far away, then run in. Try to get them frozen right before you make a move, or sometimes just make them come to you with lasers.

Also, learn to fastfall that dair. It was killing you when you'd chase Marth into the air, and then just hang there.

Adman

Smash Rookie
Falco pretty much makes all of his own openings. That's what lasers are for. You tend to laser from far away, then run in. Try to get them frozen right before you make a move, or sometimes just make them come to you with lasers.

Also, learn to fastfall that dair. It was killing you when you'd chase Marth into the air, and then just hang there.
True... and i am capable of doing that... i've got another thread here titled My Falco and Mario vids that shows it, but doesnt base itself mostly on that strat... its from the same tournament, against the guy who got 1st, he beat me best of 3 with falcon... but the matches were real close... go watch and comment if u feel like...

But ya... need more air followups... which'll come from more practice against a marth whom im forced to respect... which i dont get that often =P

And i've also gotten better at combos since then... and i never really got off any of the combos i know how to do... in the in the other thread i wave shined alot... but that was just cause i was too nervous to even make an attempt for anything not so simple

Top Bottom