• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Contribution to PM: Going futher than the L-Cancel blink!

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
May everyone excuse my english expression. This is a message directly adressed to the PM dev team and everyone else can tell what he thinks about.

i have a proposition that could really make good a change for next pm release.
The idea hit me as i am mastering all the DI variant. you add in projectM something that's really great :
The blinking on L-cancel . this is a really wonderful thing.
To my eyes it is the most original and useful thing you ever bring to the game and just let me tell you that i love you for this.

when getting myself interst in PM it (the blink) really helps me to know how i am improving my skills while learning L-Canceling.
And this is not just about helping people to know when they sucessfuly perform L-Cancel it is also about bringing something fun, delightful to the eyes in battle.

THAT IS WHY, i really think you should go futher especially on Directional Influences(DI) particulary on Smash-DI and regular DI.
Depending on situations, there teching to perform when you are confident about your DI.
I also think this could take edge situations into new script.
DI is something that is not always easy to spot ; except for the crouch-cancel and when people get their characters out of combos or throws.

But when your get yourself smashed and you did not perform a crouch cancel, here start the mist:

- On the freezing frame following the smash hit, you can smash the Directional-Stick to perform a Smash-DI, or perform an automatic-Smash-DI if your are too late.

- when fling in the air after the smash hit you can DI with the Directional-Stick to influence your areal path.

(what i learned from this very eloquent and detailed guide:
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-gu...-teching-and-crouch-cancelling-updated.60218/
)
BUT COULD WE KNOW IF WE SUCCESSFULY PERFORMED D.I. IN THESES CASES, EVERYTHINGS JUST GO TOO FAST!
I THINK THE SOLUTION IS : VARIOUS COLORED BLINK ON EACH SUCCESSFUL TYPE OF D.I. (why not other effect: halo, flame,smoke...?)

Thank you fro reading me, i am just proposing. Maybe this is all impossible due to technical issue. Or my proposition could be bad for the competitive game in the end according to your experiences (probably deep than mine).
Feel free to expose your opinions to me about that.

Last edited:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I've mentioned this before, but I don't know if it's possible: A trail of sparks should follow in the direction your character has DI'd towards.

Also, I think crouch cancelling long distances should leave skid marks.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
I've mentioned this before, but I don't know if it's possible: A trail of sparks should follow in the direction your character has DI'd towards.

Also, I think crouch cancelling long distances should leave skid marks.
Thank you

Were you able to contact the projectM devellopment team? did you made a post about your ideas? did people like them?
Trail of spark or Squid mark, why not?! i totally agree with you.
Smash Bros has a such deep and rich gameplay and so many thing happens on screen in high level players match.
i think some discrete effect could really take the show to another level
:)

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
It'd be nice as a debug mode function or something for training, but in a match it'd telegraph to your opponent what you're doing.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
It'd be nice as a debug mode function or something for training, but in a match it'd telegraph to your opponent what you're doing.
obviously but nothing that the direction you are taking during DI wouldn't do.
The visual mark of the DI that is asked has to be seen at the moment the DI is performed or a little after,not before!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
The direction you're DI-ing towards telegraphs what you're doing, though I get that this kind of feature would make it more obvious. I'd like this type of feature in any capacity, but I don't know if it's possible.

Top Bottom