• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My brawl videos

Mars-

Smash Champion

Mars-

Smash Champion
You're pretty bad.
It is clear that you have never played brawl before. It is so much different, you will be bad, I would love to see your first matches against somebody who has played for a while, or a top tier character(so far), and see how much more difficult it is then in melee.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It is clear that you have never played brawl before. It is so much different, you will be bad, I would love to see your first matches against somebody who has played for a while, or a top tier character(so far), and see how much more difficult it is then in melee.
I find it a lot easier then melee actually >_>.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I've played brawl.

bigrum

Smash Apprentice
I think your just lacking game time experience... your Samus just needs work on spacing, timing, and accuracy since you miss a lot of moves

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Uh we didn't record?

I don't really see what it would change about your vids anyway ;p

Were you playing with the classic controller or something? Just the way you were playing really gave me the impression that you were for some reason having serious controller issues or maybe just not that experienced at smash brothers in general...mistimed attacks and lack of movement overall...seems like there's a lot more going on there than the initial melee -> brawl transition. As true as it is that Brawl is not Melee, it definitely is similar enough.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
well it's not about changing his videos it's more like backing up what ur saying... just want to see what ur doing that makes ur samus better

Mars, i think ur samus is playing too much like melee a bit. I would add more tilts, like ftilt, utilt and i would mc super missiles... i find super missiles more helpful.... but then again u don't have the game so learning the timing to shoot them low would probably be hard
and more dair? I'm sure u already found out fair is really nice
zair is okay, but it's really situational...

meh just a lil advice

Mars-

Smash Champion
Frotaz, your full of so many johns I can't handle them. Please give me your wii number so when brawl gets release we can see who is really bad. I'll be sure to record it so you won't have to worry about that.

Edit:

Were you playing with the classic controller or something? Just the way you were playing really gave me the impression that you were for some reason having serious controller issues or maybe just not that experienced at smash brothers in general...mistimed attacks and lack of movement overall...seems like there's a lot more going on there than the initial melee -> brawl transition. As true as it is that Brawl is not Melee, it definitely is similar enough.
This is by far the most stupid thing I have ever heard. I just looked at your join date, this is really bad. You would think that for how long you have been around you would have realized that you can't tell somebodies skill level by a video. But obviously, you know best right? Brawl is a lot different then melee, why do you think that people are calling it a completely different game? If you are too stupid to even comprehend this, then there is no point of even arguing with you.

To everyone that has been supporting me, thanks, but this guy is clearly to stupid to even try telling him something. Don't bother.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
So you're saying if I watch a melee video of two Roy players doing nothing but rolling around and forward smashing, I wouldn't be able to tell that they're bad? Cause it's a video? Come on, it's actually fairly easy to determine a person's ability to properly perform basic actions from a video.

I don't see how I'm making johns when there's nothing to even john about, I'm not the one who posted videos and couldn't take the criticism. I think it's funny though, how I get bashed for judging your abilities based on videos...yet my abilities are being judged based on....hmm. Nothing -_-;

And anyone who denies the similarities between brawl and melee just....like...come on. I shouldn't even have to explain myself when it comes to this.

Mars-

Smash Champion
So you're saying if I watch a melee video of two Roy players doing nothing but rolling around and forward smashing, I wouldn't be able to tell that they're bad? Cause it's a video? Come on, it's actually fairly easy to determine a person's ability to properly perform basic actions from a video.
Thats not the point. The point is that you are basing how good I am on my first couple of matches. Give me a week of learning how to move around in brawl and then tell me if i am bad or not.

I don't see how I'm making johns when there's nothing to even john about, I'm not the one who posted videos and couldn't take the criticism. I think it's funny though, how I get bashed for judging your abilities based on videos...yet my abilities are being judged based on....hmm. Nothing -_-;
Are you seriously saying this after you based how good I was in melee off of a video of my first couple of matches in brawl?

And anyone who denies the similarities between brawl and melee just....like...come on. I shouldn't even have to explain myself when it comes to this.
This isn't melee v 2.0. Then you have to think about the fact that there are new characters, new attacks, new physics, I really don't see how you can make this connection.

Eten

Smash Ace
I'm going to be brutally honest here and say that in those videos Samus simply lacked decent timing, spacing, and accuracy. Beyond that, the only real advice anyone could give is that Samus's sex kick isn't the same anymore and you can't use it like Melee's, it doesn't have the knockback and won't be for KOs. You've got to combo into it only and use something else for KOs.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Alright so let me get this straight. You post videos of yourself playing bad, then get mad because I'm basing how good you are on your ability to play now rather than your ability to play in...a few weeks?

And be honest with yourself, it's usually pretty easy to tell if somebody was decent at melee based off their first times playing brawl. Brawl is the sequel to melee. It's a totally different game. But guess what? it shares the same philosophies and ideas and a lot of the same physics of melee. Stop acting like I'm saying it's a melee clone, cause I'm not. It's just similar. It's still Super Smash Brothers.

lol, see, even people who just joined can tell too :p

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
i won my first matches with samus against someone who has been playing for 2 weeks before me, but someone i beat all the time at ssbm...so no johns about that...and i do think that your gameplay is not that good either...but i believe it will get better ^.^

Top Bottom