• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music on Site Confirmed?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I posted some of this on the 3DS board, but it pertains more to the Wii U version

I was poking around in the Smash website's source code and found the following in some JavaScript:

// switch( _pathName[0] ) {
// case "characters" : content = _pathName.shift(); break;
// case "howto" : content = _pathName.shift(); break;
// case "movielist" : content = _pathName.shift(); break;
// case "gamemode" : content = _pathName.shift(); break;
// case "stages" : content = _pathName.shift(); break;
// case "musics" : content = _pathName.shift(); break;
// case "news" : content = _pathName.shift(); break;
Hmm.... "musics" interesting...

But that's not all!

I later found this image:

As we get closer to the Wii U version's release, will we see this section added to the site? It makes sense as this version is going to feature a ton of tracks. Any thoughts?

Here is what I'm looking at http://www.smashbros.com/js/common.js

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
One of the many things I love about smash: The Music! I can't wait to play Smash Wii U For Christmas.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Nice find! If there's something I love about Smash, it's the music. It has this amazing blend of nostalgia and instrumental quality you just can't find anywhere else. I'd go as far as to say that Brawl had the best soundtrack of any video game ever.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Yeah we've been discussing this in the Miiverse Pic of the Day thread. I'm pretty excited, I could use some fresh official covers and remixes.

Interesting! It's commented out, but I wonder if it's already implemented and ready to work if you just un-comment it. Though, since all the cases appear to do the same thing, probably not...

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Nice find! If there's something I love about Smash, it's the music. It has this amazing blend of nostalgia and instrumental quality you just can't find anywhere else. I'd go as far as to say that Brawl had the best soundtrack of any video game ever.
Same! I was sooooo excited when I unlocked tho Song of Storms, because it's my favorite Ocarina of Time song.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
As someone who pays more attention to audio then image, The Heck?

Finally we can hear the tracks preview! Tough, they might be in mp3 because filesize :cry:

Still, might be for the potd today???

Also, direct is more sooner if it's true.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'd like for this to be accurate, but won't get my hopes up until it happens. I just know I'll sit there playing the same 30s clips over and over again.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'd like for this to be accurate, but won't get my hopes up until it happens. I just know I'll sit there playing the same 30s clips over and over again.
I like to hear the main theme of Smash Bros 4 for 15 minutes are become more HYPED.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Yeah, it might just be there "in case" they want to put it in or something. At least we know they thought of it!

I miss listening to the music previews on the Brawl site. I remember once listening to the Ocarina of Time medley a dozen times because I was in love with the bass from the Song of Storms part.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Spark Man theme Spark Man theme Spark Man theme Spark Man theme Spark Man theme Spark Man theme

D

Deleted member

That's nice. Thing is, is it going to contain previews or full versions? Well, we'd probably find out later when the site is updated or when the 3DS game comes out.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I hope they unleash audio files in a big bundle starting out, so we can get themes like Battlefield out of the way, and we can get more meatier tracks.

Top Bottom