• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MU: Fox

FRYGUY

Smash Rookie
NNID
thezakattac
any general tips for MU with Fox? Causing general chaos with can/gunmen/clay pigeon is my general strategy with DH. Once Fox camps with reflector, things get scary - DH approach game is nerve wracking, especially with Fox waiting to unleash upsmash. Fox scrambling around with dash-A is also tough to control

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
I find it easier in this MU to throw out my projectiles just to force a shield or Reflector then punish with grab, Fair, Dash Attack. If you drop the can in front or near them this will condition them to shield or reflect, that's when you should be able to get the attacks off. Also throw out pivot clay pigeons when they rush in, this will stop their approach.

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
I'm not well versed on how to play DHD since I put most of my time into G&W but I usually test the waters with a clay pigeon/gunmen and then either go in for an easy grab into an aerial smorgasbord or slowly advance behind cover of projectiles to get in some pokes before taking to the air. You can seriously mess with them by leaving a stray can out on the stage and force them to work around it as well.

Ninetale3

Smash Cadet
If you are on the defense in this match up. Your tilts can punish some of fox's approaching options. My personal favorite being down tilt as it can reset to neutral or even put you back on the offensive if it hits.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Once they're conditioned to reflector you can toss the frisbee at Fsmash range and get the last shot of the Smash in on their reflector for the kill.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Gunman can bait a reflect pretty well. Toss one out and head to the air for a fair or bair (or if he's close, grab/fsmash) - he can't cover both options with anything except running away. Just be careful with spacing to make sure the gunman bullet does not hit you as well.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Fox has a really good dash attack, so they will want to rush in with it. When they are mindlessly running at you, react quickly with a clay pigeon. Repeating this strategy will rack up damage VERY quickly. However change it up once in awhile with a grab if they shield or baiting with the Gunmen.

Top Bottom