• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mt. Coronet

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Mt. Coronet is the location of the climax of the main story of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, where Team Galaxy Leader Cyrus awakens Dialga/Palkia.
Logically, it could be an interesting location for a Brawl stage.
It would be mostly flat, except the edges would slope, and drop off. There would be columns on which characters could stand, and they would be fairly wide. Dialga would appear in the background at night, and Palkia during the day. Dialga would warp the stage in some way.
Palkia would revert the stage back to ancient times, making the columns into a full temple, on which characters would fight.
Interesting?

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I think its a brilliant Idea. With the ruins making out as platforms and Palkia/Dialga making appearances in the background using their powers to some way morph the stage. I love it!

And, why not Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie get into the Mix by coming in to stop Palkia/Dialga using its powers now and then?

ChanseyMaster

Smash Cadet
I love it. I think it's one of the greatest ideas yet. I'm not quite sure if it has much chance of getting in (Diamond and Pearl being pretty recent games) but personally I'd love a level similar to that.
Pokemon needs more levels that are actually places from the game. (Like in the N64 version)

[ChanseyMaster]

Darkurai

Smash Master
Why does the God of Time warp the stage, and the God of Space travel through time?

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Why does the God of Time warp the stage, and the God of Space travel through time?
heh, I'm guessing the OP just got them mixed up
I think it's an incredible idea - esp. with Sky-Kitsune's Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie idea, like a grand legendary battle happening in the background.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
That sounds like it could be a cool stage. My favorite idea for a Pokemon stage is still the S.S. Anne idea I came up with.

But I do like the idea of a stage with giant Pokemon in the background. I thought the Brinstar Depths stage with Kraid in the background in Melee looked awesome.

Wreked

Smash Lord
i dont see why people are so certain that 4th gen pokemon will be in brawl...
Cause Sakurai likes to use the newest desgins and characters. Just look at link and zelda. TP models, newest(on the wii) zelda game. This most likely goes for Link's special moves. So Sakurai is trying to implement the newest 'thing'. Besides 4th gen is popular right now, why not?

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Cause Sakurai likes to use the newest desgins and characters. Just look at link and zelda. TP models, newest(on the wii) zelda game. This most likely goes for Link's special moves. So Sakurai is trying to implement the newest 'thing'. Besides 4th gen is popular right now, why not?
Yes, but SSBM used areas from the first generation even though the second generation was out at the time which probably means that they're going to do the same thing, keep the stages from the first generation. More proof is the fact that PT's design is of Red from Pokemon Red and Blue, a.k.a. the 1st gen. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Rereading my post made me realize that I don't make any sense. Don't bother trying to figure out what I'm saying.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Yes, but SSBM used areas from the first generation even though the second generation was out at the time which probably means that they're going to do the same thing, keep the stages from the first generation. More proof is the fact that PT's design is of Red from Pokemon Red and Blue, a.k.a. the 1st gen. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Ummm okay you're post kinda confuses me but i'll take a shot at it. Sakurai used PT becuase those three starters are probaly the best starters ever. Who doesn't want to play as charizard? I'm not saying that all of the characters and desings are going to be from the latest games just most or the ones where they could take a character model after. Saves time. Like fox, the remade his costume. And there hasn't been a starfox game for a while. And link, new zelda game, why not use that design. So to wrap this up, yes there will be some older designs and characters, just remodeled. And some new characters from recently released games(Lucario, hopefully).

Top Bottom