• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Traveler, Quote, for SM4SH DLC!! [Feel free to lend a vote!]

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You guys are pathetic. I'm such a better supporter than all you that I made my own Quote moveset thread that got closed bacause some butthole came on the thread and got sad that a character that wasn't Wolf was being voted for (and probably because this thread exists already).

PUT ME ON THAT DAMN LIST
woah woah woah, calm down there buddy. No need to sound kinda harsh onto that guy.

And if you actually looked at the OP you would have seen that you were already ON the original post after I saw that you made the other topic. B)

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
woah woah woah, calm down there buddy. No need to sound kinda harsh onto that guy.

And if you actually looked at the OP you would have seen that you were already ON the original post after I saw that you made the other topic. B)
Are you a wizard?

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
Put me on the list.

I've been wanting quote to have some significance to smash bros with how much it had been put all over Nintendo consoles still waiting for the wii u version.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
put me down as a supporter really wish it was a nintendo IP he's in my top 5.
(i can't beat hell q.q and I got there in 2012)

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
So I just finished Cave Story.

I have now experienced perfection.

Can I please be added to the supporter list? I'd love to see Quote make it into Smash. He's not my most wanted, but I'd be extremely excited to see him make the cut.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
If that is where your heart is, yes, vote for Quote indeed! At least, maybe, mention him for Smashified. That'd be super neat to see.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
you can count me as a supporter for him to get in... if this thread is still being watched over.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
This problem won't happen, but if it did I would worship Sakurai like a God. So, I guess I am a supporter.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Maybe not worship him as a god, but I would probably be in his debt and buy most of his future titles. Despite me probably already going to do that since he's rarely put out a bad game so yeah.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just got Cave Story recently and beat it in a couple of days. Absolutely amazing.

I can definitely get behind Quote as a Smash character.

Only if Curly Brace is an alt of course.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Could be both. I guess, swap her with Quote. Though her being an alt and final smash could be an issue if Quote and Curly are fighting each other.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It's probably just based on the fact that he's an indie character.

I usually vote indifferent for character I don't really want unless there's a reason for me to not want to see them in the game at all.

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
I made a moveset for Quote back in April. It's apparently not an original idea, but hopefully this one has enough detail to warrant a post: http://pastebin.com/18cyqJWY

I want him in Smash so much!! I almost don't even care if he's bottom-tier. As long as he's in the game, it's all that matters to me.

#VoteForQuote!

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier. Sign me up as a supporter! I definitely want the main character of my favorite game ever to be in Smash!
#VoteForQuote!

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
So Hi....i dont usually participate in these kinds of things I just can't usually get behind most the band wagon characters that are wanted for smash 4 due to me not caring about them too much. But Quote is special. Cave Story is my 2nd favorite game of all time. I own it on every Nintendo console I own, own the 3DS Remake, know the lore by heart and play it all the time. Heck I even have the Quote Brawl mod. So now I'm here with my full support! I've actually been drumming up support among the other indie characters saying we should support each other and vote for each other and I hope that helps him. I'm hoping to do whatever I can to help get our bot into smash!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Welcome to the Quote crew guys! We aren't that active of a thread but please feel free to talk Cave Story and Quote in Smash stuff here whenever you feel like it.

It's nice to see the thread up on the front page every once in awhile, you know?

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Quote has my support as a DLC character, definitely in my top 5! Cave Story is so fantastic and it practically feels like a Nintendo classic.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I've added you to the list T.R, welcome.

Part of me just wants Quote now so I could see what you would do with him for your sig lol.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
hey so yeah these forums are gonna get locked
I'm not expecting this thread to resurface because Quote? In Smash?! As if.
BUT it was nice of the 38 of you to come on in and let me know you care about this character too! We're about as niche in the Smash community as Cave Story is itself, heh.

Regardless, we had an okay run. Smash Ballot was one heck of a surprise, and it did bring out some hope. Nicalis letting us know they were fishing for support was good, but Quote wasn't turning enough heads to compete against his Indie competition against the likes of Shovel Knight and Shantae. All and all, I'll be anything but disappointed with whoever the ballot winners end up being. Whether it be a first, third, or indiependant *heh party character. For me, most of this was fun because we got to think about our favorites getting a spot in Smash, and day dreamed about what it could be like. And really, I don't think I'd have it any other way (cept maybe if Quote actually got in but beggars can't be choosers)

Well now that you've bumped the thread i would be rude of me not to invite you over. Was that your fiendish plan?

MY group will be remaining open and will allow anyone to come if they wish to return to business as usual. Make your thread here if you would like. Trying to keep the community together.
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/all-character-support.1812/

Make it a cave story discussion thread for all I care. just don't think you have no options.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Considering our rate of discussion, I don't think it's necessary. But if someone wishes to do so, they are free to make a succeeding thread. I don't want to see discussion continue arbitrarily, which is why I think we can leave it be.

Top Bottom