• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter, Fighter Ballot

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
I had this idea for a while back in 2014 or so not sure if anyone else has thought of the same thing and if so, kudos.

Character: Monster Hunter
Game: Monster 4: Ultimate
Why this character should be in the game: Obvious reasons.

B-Specials:

Up-B special: Insect glaive jump.
Side-B Special: Longsword swipe which sends you to the side while still attacking.
Neutral B special: Bow, that can be charged and aimed similar to Dark Pit.
Down B special: Greatsword level 3-charge.

Smashes:

Forward Smash:
Sword-and-shield, shield bash, stunning or sending foes flying.
Up Smash: Longsword, rising strike with longsword. Similar to Shulk's up-smash, except has a sweeping arc in front following the LS.
Down Smash: Hammer, swings hammer up before smashing it down, the attack and hurtbox going out on both sides of character, less knockback behind.

Dash Attack:

Kick, the actual kick from Monster Hunter which you perform to wake someone up.

Tilts:
Forward Tilt: Longsword, think Marth's F-tilt except no arc to the tilt.
Down Tilt: Switch-Axe, a sweeping low ground swipe.
Up Tilt: Lance, a high thrusting tilt with increased lag, super-armor added from lance's shield in whichever direction your character is facing while active.

Jabs:

Dual-Swords, the one, two, three combo used in Monster Hunter would be similar to Capt Falcon's "gentleman". Repeated mashing of the Attack button would enter into the standing multi-hitting attack of the Dual Swords in demon mode, this would also be similar to Capt Falcon's or any other character with rapid hitting jabs.

Aerials:

Neutral Air: Insect Glaive, a spinning attack using the glaive surrounding yourself in attacks briefly, not very good range.

Forward Air: Greatsword, falling slash just as though you had jumped from a cliff in MH4:U you drop rapidly after using this move, similar to Shulk's "backslash".

Back Air: Light Bowgun, you shoot out a Normal 2 shot behind, medium range slight knockback. Similar to Villager's "slingshot".

Up Air: Gun-lance, you shoot out a small explosion directly above the lance while the lance itself has a weak-hitbox, has a windbox that pushes your character down after use.

Down Air: Heavy Bowgun, you shoot below yourself Clust lv1 shot, increased lag on shot, but gives slight lift to character after firing, could be used for additional recovery option.

This is all I could think of for a possibility of a character, it could fit really well along with being unique. I'm sure there are better options for this kind of character, most of this was off the top of my head, had to make sure I wrote it down and spread it before I forgot it.
If you like this idea, great, spread it, tweet it, do whatever. I want this to happen.

If you don't like the character, what's wrong with you? Its awesome.

**Post any revisions that you feel this could use.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
I like the idea, but don't you think that's a little broad? Normally, when a thrid party character is added into Smash, it has to be someone iconic, someone that diehard fans and casuals who have played a game or two will recognise. My grandma could recognise Sonic or Pac-Man, almost anyone at a gaming convention knows a thing or two about Megaman, but with a game like Monster Hunter, which, in all its glory is extemely broad and customizeable, it's hard to give that a face, a way for even casuals to point and say "I know who that is." I like the idea, it just doesn't sound likely.

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
That's something that came to my mind, but honestly, all you need to do for the intro video of the character would be:

1. Blast the MH theme song, make it look like its another MH4:U commercial before showing him/her (different variation in costume) walking up next to Mario, Link and everyone else.

MH4 is currently doing a ton of tie ins with other games in Nintendo, Smash Brothers is like the next big step to get really out there.

But, it is just an idea. I just wanted to get opinions upon it.

Top Bottom