• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Momentum Cancelling with Deep Breathing

Deep Breathing cancels momentum. Incidentally, you can cancel Deep Breathing with an airdodge within the first few frames (probably immediately). However, although you can input L/R right at the beginning, WFT will not cancel Deep Breathing until after a set amount of frames of the initial animation have played through. It looks like maybe 3 or 4 frames.

You can also cancel Header with L/R, but it puts you into special fall. Sun Salutation can also be airdodge cancelled, but it looks like it preserves momentum.

If you manage to pull off a successful Deep Breathing session, coupled with this, WFT could be substantially difficult to KO. Note however that, of course, you can't begin to even execute Deep Breathing until hitstun wears off.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Are we talking about the TOTAL momentum cancelling thing G&W could do in Brawl?

Because if we are... oh god.

shapular

Smash Ace
I've been using this a lot since you brought it up. Not as a bucket braking type survival technique (is that even possible?), but for stalling in the air, especially while trying to recover. It's saved me from getting hit a few times.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I've been using this and volleyball for recovery, its been working great.
Same here. And I found out about Header cancelling by accident when playing For Glory 1v1. I started using this to either fake out my opponent and put them into a position where I could punish them or if they get in too close when I try to Header then I can cancel it. You can hit the ball again after you cancel it and it looks like WFT hits it at a closer range while doing this.

GoddessBracelet20

Smash Rookie
Same here. And I found out about Header cancelling by accident when playing For Glory 1v1. I started using this to either fake out my opponent and put them into a position where I could punish them or if they get in too close when I try to Header then I can cancel it. You can hit the ball again after you cancel it and it looks like WFT hits it at a closer range while doing this.
I've been using the header cancel to set up d-smash and neutral a's. the ball causing them to shield is a great trick to play. I killed a ZSS last night f-smashing the ball into her head.

Top Bottom