• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Stage Model Imports

Which is more important?

• Total voters

zankyou

Smash Lord
Well..this may be an irrelevant post

Well...I know this only applies to 20XX...but it doesn't matter what stage you import it over. You could have every import over the same base stage and it would be just as easy to add it to 20XX 4.0+.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-129#post-20702420
Turns out Im an idiot and its been too long since Ive actually done an import. Im going to do it over bowsers target stage after I make some change to it.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Turns out Im an idiot and its been too long since Ive actually done an import. Im going to do it over bowsers target stage after I make some change to it.
Are you using your new program to do these imports?
And the stage looks amazing, Zankyou. It's too bad we can't get the animated color highlights but even without them it looks f**king awesome.

One question:
Capture.PNG

The white "shimmer" that outlines the back edge of the platforms. Is this accomplished via color nodes? Is there an easy way to remove it and make it not shine like the main platform? Just curious. I'm still clueless about the color node stuff, if that's still what we call it.

I'm so pumped to add this to the Hack Pack. Thanks so much.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Are you using your new program to do these imports?
And the stage looks amazing, Zankyou. It's too bad we can't get the animated color highlights but even without them it looks f**king awesome.

One question:
View attachment 103702

The white "shimmer" that outlines the back edge of the platforms. Is this accomplished via color nodes? Is there an easy way to remove it and make it not shine like the main platform? Just curious. I'm still clueless about the color node stuff, if that's still what we call it.

I'm so pumped to add this to the Hack Pack. Thanks so much.
Well yeah its probably not easily changeable. Easiest way would probably be to do it in brawlbox and then replace the color node. So it wouldnt be that hard.
Or its just a glitch and something went wrong for no reason like the black/red spots on hyrule temple.
And I have a few scripts to basically help with the copy/pasting, but its a long way away from a converter. The more I work on it the more I realize I might not actually understand the formats enough yet to make one. Still plowing through unknowns.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Well yeah its probably not easily changeable. Easiest way would probably be to do it in brawlbox and then replace the color node. So it wouldnt be that hard.
Or its just a glitch and something went wrong for no reason like the black/red spots on hyrule temple.
And I have a few scripts to basically help with the copy/pasting, but its a long way away from a converter. The more I work on it the more I realize I might not actually understand the formats enough yet to make one. Still plowing through unknowns.
Ok, cool. Yeah I was just curious. The glimmer just looks a little out of place, and it might just be a bug like you stated. Watching a video of the stage on YouTube, it doesn't look like it is there.

But man, I can't stop looking at the stage. It's beautiful.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Alright I just corrected the one over bowsers training stage. Only thing left now is to pick a song id. Id choices for metroid music is between 0x33, 0x61, 0x4c.
Probably gonna go with 0x33.
Also stage shadows or no?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright I just corrected the one over bowsers training stage. Only thing left now is to pick a song id. Id choices for metroid music is between 0x33, 0x61, 0x4c.
Probably gonna go with 0x33.
Also stage shadows or no?
I'd personally go with Brinstar Depths...I think.

When you do stage shadows, do you still put the flag on every single material struct or do you pick and choose?

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
I'd personally go with Brinstar Depths...I think.

When you do stage shadows, do you still put the flag on every single material struct or do you pick and choose?
I normally add to everything since it's easier to go back instead of keeping track of all of the structures I'm doing at that point. I made most of the structures a long time ago so I don't remember if the platforms have different material structures than the main one, but i think I just realized the issue. Not that I could easily get around it. In fact it makes perfect sense now.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Metroid Labs - BowserTT

This one has adjusted camera/blastzone stuff.
Awesome! So would you say this is your final version for now?
(aka, is it safe for me to take this and run with it?)

Should I?
Do whatever your heart feels, Zankyou.

I'm curious, do you think if you re-imported Return to Dream Land, that your problems with the leaves would still exist? I know you've learned a s**t ton since your very first stage import and also aren't doing everything off of a single bone struct anymore (or whatever that funky way you did it). I would love to see that one with color nodes too.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I think that the color structs being imported now would fix that issues. But we wont know until we try. The reason why Ive been putting off re-importing dreamland is because I never looked into how to get whispy to work. Itd look a lot better with color structs though. Youre not the only one hyped for it.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Alright kirby music it is. Let me know if there's something you'd like changed about the stage. It feels... disproportionate for some reason.

MetaMine - DKBTT

DRGN

Technowizard
Warning!

It looks like the files (so far I've just looked at the files to go over Bowser and DK's BTTs) are odd sizes, and aren't being aligned during the rebuild process in DTW.

The above is now fixed in DTW 4.3+. If you're using an earlier version, you can import these modified copies instead:

GrTDk_MetaMine

GrTKp_Metroid_Labs

For MetaMine, I added 0xA bytes of zeroes to the end of the file and updated the header. For Metroid_Lab I added one byte, updated the header, and also added a fix that was preventing DTW from opening it.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Wait is the alignment different than default files?
Yeah, in terms of the end of the file. It shouldn't matter if the ISO is rebuilt with GCR, but it will cause a problem if DTW rebuilds with it. I'm going to include a fix for that with the next program update though.

I never noticed this problem before because my hacks that involved increasing the files size just happened to always be in multiples of 4 bytes. (Well, I mean, it wasn't a complete coincidence, just the nature of the hacks.)

Edit: BTW/FYI, this is fixed in DTW version 4.3+.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Metroid Lab - Redux [Zankyou, Achilles]

--> Metroid Lab - AchillesV3[GrTKp].dat <--

Changes from Zankyou's original post:
  • Global stage size increased from 0.8 to 0.925.
  • P3 & P4 spawn point locations switched for 20XX neutral spawn point compatibility.
  • Character shadow intensity decreased.
  • Character shadow cast flags removed from some surfaces.
  • Character body shadow lighting changed from all white light to some dark with a hint of teal to match the stage environment.
  • Dynamic camera has same characteristics as Battlefield, Fixed Camera offsets updated as well.
  • Blastzones/camera limits modified slightly (enlarged).
  • Cyan stage color highlights added.
  • White platform glimmer removed.
  • Platform collision points updated to properly match the model and are no longer at a slight incline.

New platform collisions and character lighting.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
I forgot stage lighting was a thing. Should probably take that into account for newer stages.
Did anyone every figure out how to change the angle of the light?

YanPerez97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-8240-0200
Switch FC
6728-0518-5684
Metroid Lab - Redux [Zankyou, Achilles]

--> Metroid Lab - AchillesV3[GrTKp].dat <--

Changes from Zankyou's original post:
  • Global stage size increased from 0.8 to 0.925.
  • P3 & P4 spawn point locations switched for 20XX neutral spawn point compatibility.
  • Character shadow intensity decreased.
  • Character shadow cast flags removed from some surfaces.
  • Character body shadow lighting changed from all white light to some dark with a hint of teal to match the stage environment.
  • Dynamic camera has same characteristics as Battlefield, Fixed Camera offsets updated as well.
  • Blastzones/camera limits modified slightly (enlarged).
  • Cyan stage color highlights added.
  • White platform glimmer removed.
  • Platform collision points updated to properly match the model and are no longer at a slight incline.

New platform collisions and character lighting.
awesome :o

D

Deleted member 269706

I was also hoping you could fix the link to PS2 if possible. If not then no worries, keep up the good work man!

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
Where can I get the Yoshi's story skin? the default one is so distracting it drives me nuts

DRGN

Technowizard
Hyrule Castle (64) - replaces GrTPe.dat (Peach's Target Test stage)

Indigo Stadium - replaces GrPs (Pokemon Stadium)

Ohsm Ohsm @Rawkstar

I don't have the Yoshi's Story hack. Or the other variation of Pokemon Stadium, but Indigo Stadium looks like almost the same thing, but also includes the jumbotron display in the back.

D

Deleted member 269706

Hyrule Castle (64) - replaces GrTPe.dat (Peach's Target Test stage)

Indigo Stadium - replaces GrPs (Pokemon Stadium)

Ohsm Ohsm @Rawkstar

I don't have the Yoshi's Story hack. Or the other variation of Pokemon Stadium, but Indigo Stadium looks like almost the same thing, but also includes the jumbotron display in the back.
Hey thanks for this! Sorry if this is a silly question, but the file you gave me is a .dat and the one in the 20XX pack is a .usd, so I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to make the transfer? Is there a guide on it anywhere?

DRGN

Technowizard
Hey thanks for this! Sorry if this is a silly question, but the file you gave me is a .dat and the one in the 20XX pack is a .usd, so I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to make the transfer? Is there a guide on it anywhere?
It's basically the same thing. USD is just an alternative extension that the game uses to load different files when the game is set to a different language, which is English in this case (so USD is probably just short for "US DAT").

Using GCR, you'll need to rebuild your ISO with the new file because it's a different size than the original (I believe there are instructions for this in the OP of the 20XX thread). If you use DTW, all you need to do is import the file over Pokemon Stadium, and it will rebuild the ISO for you.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Does anyone have links to download the first Battlefield and the Final Destination in the first post? There aren't links anymore :(

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Oh man didnt mean to be gone so long. Not exactly sure how this one gave me so much trouble though. Ill change the and probably add a background at some point.
snes - bttdk

I cant tell if the files are down because one drive links expire or because I used shortened links and it doesnt support that anymore.
Also to the people making request, it depends really.

This is also something thats been bothering me for a while. I cant figure out why imported stages are so much darker than they are in brawl. Even if you look at the imported character textures for characters they are incredibly dark.

It might be that the light comes from a different angle and or intensity. Would be nice to find a flag for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

zankyou

Smash Lord
So close yet so far away.

Can't wait till this one is done from Ed. Might warrant a reimport! All of his stages are amazing.

It looks amazing. When hes done Ill see if I or someone else whos good with brawl box can make the earth/sun background static so it can be imported

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Looking good, man! I've been looking forward to this one. There's also the "M" version of this stage, if you haven't seen it.

Also, is there any way you can make a version with a super plain flat background?
It shouldnt be too difficult that add a flat background. Sometimes the background doesnt render for some reason but usually this isnt the case. I was just going to make a model over and use the training stage background in case theres lag but this is a better idea.

Top Bottom