• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U (Mod) Project Viable

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196

Project viable is a modpack that is intended to make low tier characters much more viable than before, while still retaining a sense of how the character feels. Several buffs to several small facets of low tier characters are made in order to make the character stronger over-all. Please be aware that I'm 100% open to suggestions on how to buff characters, but I would prefer to have enough changes to justify a stand-alone mod before I actually begin work on a character.

Currently Changed Characters
:4feroy:Roy - Smashboards page for his mod (http://smashboards.com/threads/community-roy-mod.436826/#post-21183890)
:4ganondorf:Ganon - Smashboards page for his mod (http://smashboards.com/threads/community-gannon-mod.436999/#post-21193901)
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:Bowser Jr. -
:4robinm::4robinf:Robin -

Youtube playlist:

Download:
http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4536

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
These user-made balance patches are going to get annoying relatively quickly.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
In your threads, you say you're going for high tier. I think this is a mistake. Characters like Ganondorf and Roy don't need to reach the level of, say, Mewtwo or Meta Knight in order to be fun to play in non-tournament games, and this mod is highly unlikely to be used in tournaments. Aiming for high-mid tier would be more reasonable, I think (like Ike, Luigi, Yoshi, etc). Chances are you'll go too far in your buffs at some point, and if you aimed for high tier and went too far, well... The character might end up reaching Sheik level, or even higher!

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
In your threads, you say you're going for high tier. I think this is a mistake. Characters like Ganondorf and Roy don't need to reach the level of, say, Mewtwo or Meta Knight in order to be fun to play in non-tournament games, and this mod is highly unlikely to be used in tournaments. Aiming for high-mid tier would be more reasonable, I think (like Ike, Luigi, Yoshi, etc). Chances are you'll go too far in your buffs at some point, and if you aimed for high tier and went too far, well... The character might end up reaching Sheik level, or even higher!
Probably should have said that's what I'm aiming for. Also, if that happens I'll just renerf those features in a future version. It's what I did for Roy's up throw.

brandtskee

Smash Rookie
NNID
brandtskee
I understand where you are going with this, but I am a little worried there is going to be way to many balance patches soon.

Top Bottom