• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moar New Desynchs(methinks)

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
My entire playstyle revolve around desynchs and trying to score damaging desynch combos so as such, I'm constantly trying to find new ways to desynch my climbers and I think that I've found a few new ways to desynch them. I haven't mastered any of them yet so it's just food for thought. Here they are...

Turnaround Desynch
I've found a way to desynch from just turning around. Doing it, your Popo will stand in place and your Nana will dash forward. I think that you can get your Popo to do just about any move while you nana is free to do whatever she wants. So far, I've managed to do a Dsmash and Dash attack while Nana did nothing.
To perform it, Jam the stick in the opposite direction that you're facing and then immediately jam down. The timing is really tricky and performing attacks with it is even trickier. The Dsmash variant is tricky because I wind up jsut doing a dual directional Dsmash as opposed to just having Popo perform it. Dash attack version is tricky because I wind up getting them both to do it.
But Speedsk8er! What are the applications? I dunno. I'm not pro. I'd imagine that pulling this off out of a wavedash(which is hard as hell, btw) could lead to a PDsmash > Nblizzard(to lock them in Sheild stun) > Grab. Or catching them with the Dash variant could lead to a Dash > NFairspike > Smash. *shrugs* Get the pros to do it and they'll know. It may be too hard for application but knowledge is never useless, right?

Landing Desynch
This may be common knowledge already but there is a way to landing upon landng if you aren't in lag from an aerial. As soon as you land on the ground, jam forward and your popo will dash forward on his own while nana is left behind. It's essentially the same as a wavelanding Desynch but IMO, more effective because Nana is left so far behind(she almost immediately catches up with you.
Uses? Plenty, I guess. Hell, you can even perform this desynch after a shorthopped Bair!! ^_^ My guess is that this is a variant on the SHFFSH desynch seeing as any sort of movement command translates into this, not just jump.

Resynch Desynch
I have NO idea how this works out but I've used it a few times. Sometimes when performing desynch combos, my Nana's lag will end just as I'm beginning an attack causing them to both attack, essentially resynching them. Sometimes after this, I can get Nana to desynch AGAIN, resuming a continuous desynch.
Like I said before, I have NO clue how I do this but if we find a way to apply this, it would definitely be pretty devasating. Alot of people's complaints about desynchs is that you're essentially dealing half damage, although your pressure game is doubled and you can compensate for the other twin's lag. Mastering THIS will essentially allow you to finish opponents off much quicker in desynch combos, resynching at certain times to deal double damage and then desynching directly out of it it order to maintain/continue the pressure. We'd be so broken. :D

The "You're never gonna think to use this ever" Desynch(also known as the Marth desynch)
What? A desynch you can only perform on marth? No, kiddos but if you wanna perform this desynch, you should be familiar with his playstyle, which is spacing every attack to hit with the tip of his sword. Playing like this with the Ice climbers will allow to to possibly desynch off of every attack. To do this desynch, space yourself so that you just BARELY hit the enemy(try going for the stub at the top of the mallet). It works because popo knocks the enemy out of nana's range so that she doesn't suffer the hit lag along with him. Inputting a command at the very end of the attack will cause Nana to perform the attack on her own.
This desynch works best with Tilts so if you like Ftilt poking or you find the opportunity to Dtilt sheild stab, this'll work for you. Other than that, there aren't many uses although it works relatively well with their jab also.

I doubt many of these will change your game but every lil bit helps right?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I like the hit-lag de-sync, although I think it's more important to be aware of it so you DON'T do it by mistake.

It's cool that you brought up hit-stun, because it also helps to know when somebody is hitting Nana that their attack is delayed by hitting her body. This means if you wait to punish the end lag, you need to give it a few more frames than normal.

The Turnaround De-sync ("TaD" for short, since that's a lot to write out) could be pretty cool as another weapon against spot dodges. Most people will shield or dodge if you're wavedashing in backwards, so with a TaD you can spread out your attacks. You might also be able to do a smash simultaneously with a grab. That would be quite nice to cover both dodges and shielding.

I'm interested, so I think I'll try them out in a bit.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
The hitlag desynch is easier to do with aerials, as long as you use Popo's momentum to space the IC's apart a little bit. You can also do this (or something similar) on projectiles like Doc's pill. The IC who breaks the pill will slowed by hitlag and you can desynch from there.

...Alternatively, you could just plunge into the projectile (namely a megavitamin/fireball or Falco's laser) and initiate an attack, then after the other Climber stops being stunned do a different one. But this way is riskier and damages you. :(

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
The hitlag desynch is easier to do with aerials, as long as you use Popo's momentum to space the IC's apart a little bit. You can also do this (or something similar) on projectiles like Doc's pill. The IC who breaks the pill will slowed by hitlag and you can desynch from there.
True. My roomie likes to projectile spam as Link and I find that this happens alot.

I've been screwing around with Ftilt poking lately and I believe that this may work on sheilds. Tipper desynch off of thier sheilds > grab > stock. I wonder if you could commence a desynch sheild-break off of this... [edit- of course, if you see them sheilding, go for the grab. No need to delay it.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I've already posted the autocancel Bair desynch. Good find though. I suck at Bair and landing desynchs so I haven't applied them in matches yet.

I know of something similar to the TaD. Basically, while Popo is turning, with proper timing Nana can do certain attacks. To practice, you can do a spotdesynch, N-Ice Block (yay someone used my notation! lol), then turn around with Popo, and N-Ice Block again. You have to turn around as Nana is coming out of her lag, then fire the next Ice Block in the middle of the turnaround.

Your version, on the other hand, sounds like could be very useful.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
More on the Tipper desynch.

It's definitely easier to pull this off if you're approaching someone with a wavedash. This is because Nana is always behind you by a little so spacing it is alot more forgiving. I'll try it in an actual match when I get the chance.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
You can desynch out of a dash!!!

It's like the TaD, but harder. Try it. ^_^

I'm beginning to think these desynchs are incredibly useful, they seem to be quicker than most, if not all, other desynchs. Trouble is they're very hard to pull off.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I still think the easiest desynchs are the best desynchs lol. Rolling and dodging FTW.

However, I guess it's useful to know about these just for situational purposes. For example, if you do one of these moves and you're not expecting to be desynched, at least you'll know why.

Lol, Delphiki has 1666 posts.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
[sarcasm]
Why the hell is it everytime i look in the IC threads; somebody's breaking the ICs more than they already are.

Stop cheating. :(
[/sarcasm]

Nice finds. >.>

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion

I'm beginning to think these desynchs are incredibly useful, they seem to be quicker than most, if not all, other desynchs. Trouble is they're very hard to pull off.
YAY! I found something useful! YAYUHZ! ^_^

LOL We're so broken.

Binx

Smash Master

How by dashing and hitting down? is that when you can enter a command for nana?

Once again I'm gonna use this opportunity to pimp this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKAqlQaha14

Since i've still yet to see anybody use it.
That looks pretty hot, are you pivoting?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I believe I did it just by dashing. The timing's very hard though. I was just dash attacking with Popo, and Nana didn't do anything. Seems like there's a frame during dashing where you can't receive commands, so Nana doesn't do it.

Top Bottom