• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Buff Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
This is really dumb, am I being trolled right now?

Last edited:

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
As a Meta Knight main from Brawl, coming to Project M was a bit of a disappointment. It broke my heart to see the lack of care put into Meta Knights development. I still use him and have employed his combos but the lack of viable options for approaching and successfully combo>KO makes Meta Knight an overall bad option when characters like Marth are both more viable and available to newer players, this is due to the poor approach and usability of Meta Knight. I've had some of my friends that play smash but don't use Meta Knight try him out and this is the result: in the beginning they try to approach with the dash attack but this leaves them wide open to my aerials with Marth, after they can't figure out the approach all they try to do is hop around and try to get off fairs and nairs but Meta Knight is an easily read character so I can pop in with just about any character and dominate. EVEN AFTER gaining experience with PM Meta Knight I find that his unforgiving misses and lack of both viable KO options and approach options that are more forgiving he is not quite a character worth sinking all of my time to, but I still have hope. I've thought about possible options for bringing back Meta Knight to his glory days and this in my estimation is the best plan:

-Reduce the end lag of his dash attack
-Reduce the startup lag of his side smash
-Increase his total amount of jumps
-Make his neutral b ledge snap
-Make his side b travel farther
-Make his up b infinite
-Give his Jab a range buff and make it infinite

I don't think this buff would be over the top, maybe it would require a slight damage reduction on some moves but that would be okay given the buffs. Tell me what you think in the comments section :)

FIGHT ME!
You kidding m8?! Or are you mixing up PM with Sm4sh? Lol.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Before asking for buffs, you should probably look at how well a character is doing in terms of results/perception.
You just asked for a massive sway of buffs on a character winning huge tournaments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom