• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miyamoto's New Franchise= New Character in Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
So IGN just put up some videos pertaining to Miyamoto's new franchise (or maybe I'm just late to the party). Does this mean we will get a new challenger in SSB4? or get the new character for DLC later on? Post your opinions!

Btw this is my first thread :D

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So IGN just put up some. Videos pertaining to Miyamoto's new franchise (or maybe I'm just late to the party). Does this mean we will get a new challenger in SSB4? or get the new character for DLC later on? Post your opinions!

Btw this is my first thread :D
Do you have a link pertaining to this? I don't often check IGN.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Thanks kindly, glad to hear Nintendo is opting for a new IP, needed some freshness ^^. Who knows if it will have an impact on smash though. It may be a little late unless it ends up being a Roy in Melee situation.
Still, Sakurai is open to DLC even though he wants to make a complete game. Maybe this new franchise will join the fray a bit late?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well unless Miyamoto has personally talked to Sakurai about this character for smash sometime beforehand. I don't really see it making it in unless we have another Roy on our hands here. I don't think Sakurai would want to delay the game just to include an unplanned character again. But who knows I guess....

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Without knowing what kind of game it's going to be it's hard to say if it would even have an appropriate rep. Things like Wii Music technically counted as new franchises and since it's pretty bare bones info it's hard to go by. If it is a new franchise that has a new main character than I'd say it's certainly possible. I doubt it's far along enough at this point for it to be included initially however. If they do make use of DLC than it could show up.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
DLC my fellow smashers, DLC. This kinda eliminates delaying for extra characters, at least I hope so. Sakurai is obviously looking into other game companies' successes as shown by the interviews.

EDIT: also, if Miyamoto is building this up, why let us down?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
DLC my fellow smashers, DLC. This kinda eliminates delaying for extra characters, at least I hope so. Sakurai is obviously looking into other game companies' successes as shown by the interviews.

EDIT: also, if Miyamoto is building this up, why let us down?
I really dont know if they will do DLC in any way..i really have no idea...really hope they do though.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I really dont know if they will do DLC in any way..i really have no idea...really hope they do though.
I think Fire Emblem Awakening "Awakened" them to the idea (sorry for the bad pun). From what I understand it actually did pretty well. I got this info from Wikipedia though so I guess not 100% reliable though they do credit a source. "Additionally, in September 2012, six months after its Japanese release, Nintendo reported that 1.2 million units of downloadable content had been sold, bringing in an additional 380 million yen (about $4.8 million)"

As much as I love Fire Emblem Smash is a much, much larger series who's potential for DLC is huge. The best part of it all though is how Sakurai/Nintendo is going about it, they aren't "planning" any but are open to it. Nothing is being created only to be lazily detached and sold as DLC. If we get DLC it will be made after the fact, which is an awesome way to go. Especially because Smash is a game that could easily get away with day 1 DLC if it wanted to.

Err..sorry that was kinda super off topic but whatevs I guess.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I think Fire Emblem Awakening "Awakened" them to the idea (sorry for the bad pun). From what I understand it actually did pretty well. I got this info from Wikipedia though so I guess not 100% reliable though they do credit a source. "Additionally, in September 2012, six months after its Japanese release, Nintendo reported that 1.2 million units of downloadable content had been sold, bringing in an additional 380 million yen (about $4.8 million)"

As much as I love Fire Emblem Smash is a much, much larger series who's potential for DLC is huge. The best part of it all though is how Sakurai/Nintendo is going about it, they aren't "planning" any but are open to it. Nothing is being created only to be lazily detached and sold as DLC. If we get DLC it will be made after the fact, which is an awesome way to go. Especially because Smash is a game that could easily get away with day 1 DLC if it wanted to.

Nah man, this is relevant to the new characters like Miyamoto's new ones, feel free to discuss character DLC too

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Without knowing what kind of game it's going to be it's hard to say if it would even have an appropriate rep. Things like Wii Music technically counted as new franchises and since it's pretty bare bones info it's hard to go by. If it is a new franchise that has a new main character than I'd say it's certainly possible. I doubt it's far along enough at this point for it to be included initially however. If they do make use of DLC than it could show up.
I would consider Wii Music part of the Wii series since it features Miis as playable characters. Though, one question, does the Wii Fit series uses Mii somehow?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

I really hope they do...its really..ughhhh when they dont do stuff that would clearly bring em lots of £££££....after all isnt that what its all about....

Like DLC for MK7
And bring more games for VC GOD DAMN IT!

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
Since we don't know exactly what it is, it's a bit hard to say. There's no word in the article about how long they've been working on the new IP, so it is possible that it's been in development long enough for Miyamoto to have requested some form of representation in the next Smash. It would certainly be a great way to advertise whatever it is.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
DLC for MK7 woukd have rolled in bucks!

The 3DS VC sucks major buffalo penis...

Are you ever gonna release them 3DS Ambassodor games to the public? Its been godamn 2 years its old frigging news..plus them 10 GBA games are very good games you will get alotta money ! Release em publicly!

I want Metroid Fusion & Zero Mission !!!

Majoras Mask
Paper Mario 64
Genos game
DKC Trilogy
Fusion & Zero Mission

ugh seriously the list goes on..the WiiU VC i think will match up to Wii's VC not in its whole life time by this rate....

(Sorry little rant....just really frigging annoying...(-_-)

Reznor

work in progress
Are you ever gonna release them 3DS Ambassodor games to the public? Its been godamn 2 years its old frigging news..plus them 10 GBA games are very good games you will get alotta money ! Release em publicly!
hope not I like having games on my 3DS others can't get :cool:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Part of Nintendo's "Top-Secret" games that will be launching by next year I presume. Can't wait to see it in the next direct. Nintendo always has surprises up their sleeves these days and for once it will be an almost immediate release

Speculator

Smash Ace
I doubt it. Whatever this new IP is, it's clearly very far away from even being revealed. It could even be that SSB4 will be released before we hear any more details. It would be very difficult for Sakurai to gauge the importance or reception of a character if only he and Miyamoto knew about it.

As for DLC, I think we may well see DLC stage packs or maybe even music, but I don't think Sakurai is a DLC-character kind of guy. They'd have to rebalance all the characters already present to account for a post-release character addition.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
of course miyamoto's new game could put a new character in smash

just not until smash 5

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Smash usually represents the generation beforehand.. Sure using smash is the best advertisement, but it will eventually leave a bad taste if that becomes a habit.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
New game won't be ready until at least 3 years IMHO...

It takes alot of time to develop a game, newer, high quality ones even longer.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think the protagonist will make it to Smash 6 if the series is strong enough. Good thing too, because Nintendo needs to develop newer series if they want to get more characters into the roster.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Doubtful. Sakurai has already said that they are not looking into characters but are focused on implementing them. We may not know about this game until next year so it's unlikely it will be in this game. There is also this.....
Smash usually represents the generation beforehand.. Sure using smash is the best advertisement, but it will eventually leave a bad taste if that becomes a habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom