• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I hate being mafia because I see where I screw up and say, wtf why are they lynching Dietz over me? Plus I hate lying to people irl ask Glyph how he caught me at APEX and it shows irl when I am lying.

Tbh I though I was scummier and was surprised when Ran and Marshy said they liked me more

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
choosing between jd and ruy to make king for me was like choosing to use **** as lotion or bathing in piss. on n1 i told gorf i was ONLY going to king ran and that gorf could go **** himself if he expected me to give him a backup name for king like my role is supposed to do. i literally refused. i was then going to not make anyone king n2 just cuz i felt both jd/ruy deserved to lose but decided it was unfair to the other players

dancer put my reasoning for disliking jd more eloquently than i could. jd DID bring up some really good points between gheb/ruy that had me secondguessing him (his last minute posts were enough to make me want gheb over him) but like dancer said too little too late for me

ran you were awesome. i really look forward to being townbros again and this game reminded me of the lulz from erb

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wasn't needed, question and pressure on Xat felt arbitrary.
Dang, that was exactly the kind of thing I was trying to avoid let leak into my play this time...

choosing between jd and ruy to make king for me was like choosing to use **** as lotion or bathing in piss. on n1 i told gorf i was ONLY going to king ran and that gorf could go **** himself if he expected me to give him a backup name for king like my role is supposed to do. i literally refused. i was then going to not make anyone king n2 just cuz i felt both jd/ruy deserved to lose but decided it was unfair to the other players

dancer put my reasoning for disliking jd more eloquently than i could. jd DID bring up some really good points between gheb/ruy that had me secondguessing him (his last minute posts were enough to make me want gheb over him) but like dancer said too little too late for me

ran you were awesome. i really look forward to being townbros again and this game reminded me of the lulz from erb
Wow, feel the love :<

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Haha thanks man. Anything specific you can say about my play? (Like what you loved about it)

and deff bro. We should play again.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dang, that was exactly the kind of thing I was trying to avoid let leak into my play this time
Well I think you just gotta work on your reaction tests. Why not ask Swiss about that? Do something crazy that crazy enough to get votes on you, but something that can get them off once you explain your conclusions

Just know:

rvs is important. you gotta participate in it to get reads.
I like your reserved play because you can be read as town and lynched less. it was just a new thing.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Anything specific you can say about my play?
lol classic ran

active willingness to challenge anything and everything that catches your eye. but you dont do it in an obnoxious "throw **** everywhere and make the thread horrible to read" sloppy way cuz you make conclusions off of em and explain how you got there. youre also not afraid to be wrong which i like cuz i find a lot of players are ******* when it comes to lynching *******. you just always look like youre frothing at the mouth to find scum in a good way

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well I think you just gotta work on your reaction tests. Why not ask Swiss about that? Do something crazy that crazy enough to get votes on you, but something that can get them off once you explain your conclusions

Just know:

rvs is important. you gotta participate in it to get reads.
I like your reserved play because you can be read as town and lynched less. it was just a new thing.
wanted to like this til you said participate in RVS, that depends on context.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
also to all of you in this game.

I hate lying, I absolutely hate it, catch me being indifferent or not wanting to take a stance in a bad way and you got me as scum. I hate lying to people I know and to a community like this it will show. If I am trying to appeal to you, ATE, or other wise I m scum. Let me be appeal town via play not talk.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
also to all of you in this game.

I hate lying, I absolutely hate it, catch me being indifferent or not wanting to take a stance in a bad way and you got me as scum. I hate lying to people I know and to a community like this it will show. If I am trying to appeal to you, ATE, or other wise I m scum. Let me be appeal town via play not talk.
Don't worry bro. So do I. S'all good in the hood.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Since Xatres did not check in, @ #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup is up next to host.

:059:

oh right this is a thing

alright hey

im a pretty wacky guy sometimes, and i like to try some other stuff out, and i had this wonderful idea of a hog wild mini but im gonna cop out because my reputation for creativity is looked down upon because my setups are usually unbalanced when i try to dig deep so

game is called russian roulette

consider this, it's like popcorn only instead of mafia choosing who gets the gun on n0, whoever gets the gun is determined by dayvotes

you may vote only for a player to receive the gun, said player will be allowed to shoot the following night (e.g passing the gun to someone because hey russian roulette), mafia will not have conditional nightkills, but may use nights to strategize

setup is very simple 4 vanilla and 2 mafia, i need 7 players (:059:)
if a situation arrives where the amount of townies is even to the amount of mafia, the mafia will win the majority (obviously)

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
7 players is the maximum for these games. We've had one with 8 players and it took too long. If you wanna try it, go with 4 or 5 vanillas and 1 mafioso.

:059:

#HBC | ѕoup

alright, im down with switching it to 4-1 then, 5-1 seems like too much of a burden for one lone man

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
4-2 seems or 5-2 seems like a better ratio. 4-1 seems in town's favor and only having one scum makes the Night pointless.

EDIT: Actually 5-2 or 3-1 seems optimal imo.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

soup's Russian Roulette

1. Gorf
2. Orboknown
3. Sworddancer.
4. JDietz43
5. Red Ryu
6. Ashemu
7. Potassium

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I assume after D1 the gun just stays in the hands of whoever would normally have it for popcorn?

either way:

/in

#HBC | ѕoup

So I assume after D1 the gun just stays in the hands of whoever would normally have it for popcorn?

either way:

/in
The gun fluctuates from person to person each phase. You'll be voting who will receive the gun for the following night phase. You could technically receive the gun each phase, but that's up to you getting the majority.

Basically:

D1: Vote for someone to give the gun to
N1: Said person with the gun can choose to shoot someone
D2: Public notation of the shot will be recognized, along with a flip.

Repeat this process until a faction has won.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

I can foresee this getting real bogged down due to the fact that very little happens during the dayphase.
Not at all. It devises a lot more strategy than just a normal game where your vote counts towards a majority to lynch someone compared to giving up your trust to someone else. It requires people to play the game for influence, and I think it will be interesting to see how everyone will handle it. You'll be going off open decisions made from one person each phase, so don't let your word go unspoken if you want the gun or want the person with the gun to do something you want to do. It forces players to be more vocal and less passive.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Oh I was just saying that there will be people who stop and they'll be saying that they won't be able to influence the day

#HBC | ѕoup

Then you shoot them, their fault for being a deterrent to town.

Or maybe you vote to give them the gun and play off the shot they choose to make :o

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

so i was gonna do a bunch of cool flavor with and stuff but i decided against it because i know y'all just wanna shoot each other

http://smashboards.com/threads/mini...-for-soups-game.342477/page-112#post-16488890 is how the game works

rules:

1. deadline will typically last 5 days, night phase for 2
2. be nice to each other
3. to vote for someone to recieve the gun bold a command such as Vote: Soup. the player with the most votes will receive the gun for the night phase and shoot someone. this action will be public.
4. this is an open setup, 5 vanilla townies and 2 mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom