• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be mostly V/LA Sunday (technically today)

(and I'm too lazy to catch up on what little has been posted now becuase I'm a scumbag irl :p)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Tier List:

S Tier: Gorf

A Tier: Dietz
B Tier: Potassium

C: Tier: Jex, Reader
D Tier: J
F Tier: Zen

J is relaxed town.

Like Kantrip said, reader not forging a read list gives him like 9000+ town points to the max. And his reasoning through the game is really cool. Jex doesn't feel to be concerned much with how he comes off which I like. I'd like to say that ease gives him extraordinary town points, but I've seen other newbies play the game really well their first time as mafia (See @BadWolf28738 in Newbie 18).

Potassium is always really really really really really difficult for me to read. I like the conclusions he has been coming to, but he could easily be mafia looking for the other mafia.

Dietz has given us nothing indicative of his alignment. So he is scummy simply out of PoE.

Gorf is scum.

@ JeXs JeXs where are you from?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Dietz do you agree on scum gofr? Who do we go for after that? Other than yourself, the only choices to me really is kantrip > Jex.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Zen, how confident are you in your read of Gorf being scum? Is it a slight lean or very strong?

JeXs

Smash Champion
What makes you so confident in this read? Are the reasons in the large post you made in page 127?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Zen that tag didn't work and I tagged you two in that post to just grab me if something interesting happened.

JeXs

Smash Champion
>makes a post explaining why gorf is scum
>asks me why gorf is scum

Yes, I'm the odd one.
I asked if you thought gorf was scum due to the reasons you said in the large post you made.
I'm asking that due to the fact that I only slightly lean scum at best in the reasons you listed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Jexy, your line of questioning is kind of verging on...obtuse. I mean I do not see the point to your questions. =p

@ Xivii Xivii you are still odd lol.

JeXs

Smash Champion
@Gorf it's great that you're helping explain things for newbies and all but if you could stop playing armchair exclusively and get your hands dirty, that would be great.

And no, a pressure vote on me for not posting doesn't count.
Fairly confident Kantrip's scum. In this post he wants Gorf to stop playing armchair and only explaining things for newbies, yet that's all he does in his string of posts before. The only other thing he's done was his votes on newbies.
All the posts he made before this were just a whole lot of nothing other than commenting on the newbies and how he doesn't like vague questions. He wants Gorf to get his hands dirty yet he's doing the same thing.
Vote: Potassium

Reader

Smash Apprentice
At the moment I'm leaning towards voting Gorf, but I'll wait for his reads.

And btw I'm going to a cruise today and will return on Tuesday. I should have an access to internet, but I'll have less chances to read and post.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This time I really did have a dream about the game and it was about Jex being scum. It wasn't precognitive though. Dreaming is just the time where your repressed emotions dome to light.

Jexs I really don't get your 180 honestly, nor do I see why you feel why he (kantrip) is scummier than gorf.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I agree, the 180 is really weird. Especially coming out after me stating JeXs to be more likely scum than Reader.

My posts were my thoughts, along with questions and explanations for my actions.

JeXs' first instinct is to like them.
Then when asked about why he liked them he doesn't have a good reason. Simply because I was posting. He begins to question me because he was prompted by Dietz's questions.
After I state some qualms with him, he does the full 180 and votes me.

I think I've been doing more for this game than most in it as far as being here and sharing thoughts/scumhunting is concerned.

I think Gorf is scummy, I think JeXs is scummy, I think Reader is town, I think Dietz is leaning townie but misguided in his methods, I believe Zen is hitman, and I'm on the fence on J. Town as long as Gorf and JeXs are the two scum, possible scum if one of those two is town.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I agree, the 180 is really weird. Especially coming out after me stating JeXs to be more likely scum than Reader.

My posts were my thoughts, along with questions and explanations for my actions.

JeXs' first instinct is to like them.
Then when asked about why he liked them he doesn't have a good reason. Simply because I was posting. He begins to question me because he was prompted by Dietz's questions.
After I state some qualms with him, he does the full 180 and votes me.

I think I've been doing more for this game than most in it as far as being here and sharing thoughts/scumhunting is concerned.

I think Gorf is scummy, I think JeXs is scummy, I think Reader is town, I think Dietz is leaning townie but misguided in his methods, I believe Zen is hitman, and I'm on the fence on J. Town as long as Gorf and JeXs are the two scum, possible scum if one of those two is town.
It might have been your thoughts, but they were the exact same thing you were calling out Gorf for doing.

JeXs

Smash Champion
This time I really did have a dream about the game and it was about Jex being scum. It wasn't precognitive though. Dreaming is just the time where your repressed emotions dome to light.

Jexs I really don't get your 180 honestly, nor do I see why you feel why he (kantrip) is scummier than gorf.
As I said in my reply to you, I'm only slightly leaning scum on Gorf. This Kantrip read is a little stronger.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It might have been your thoughts, but they were the exact same thing you were calling out Gorf for doing.
Could you pull up some example quotes to demonstrate this?

Because I think Gorf was giving tips to the newbies, whereas I was quoting things and actually giving game-relevant thoughts on them.

JeXs

Smash Champion
This sums it up pretty well.

I like you. You have a pretty good handle on things already. I hope you stick around.
Gorf is no longer a poop.

Zen is a double poop.
Damn, and here I thought nobody would notice. Excellent observation. :smirk:

Reader's vote was pretty logical, not quite grasping pressure votes and all. Zen's reasoning makes little sense and has no weight behind it, and yet you followed it. I'm sure in Reader's eyes that warranted suspicion.

I'm not sure if you feel me. I don't think Reader is scummy, I'm just preying on the weak.

Well I thought I was, but JeXs is pretty strong and Reader's got some potential.
These post don't really say anything. They're just comments on newbies.
I've come to realize I don't like when people ask a vague question like "someone tell me about _____ wagon."

Who do you want to hear from? What do you want to hear about it? It looks like an attempt to ask a question to look proactive, but it doesn't have any goal in mind which makes it look like it isn't effective in helping you scumhunt. Is it first come first serve? Does the one who answers get a free townread? Do you look strangely at people who post but ignore your question? What is it doing for you?

Unvote
This just says that you don't like vague questions, again, not of much help to the actual game.
Dietz I want reads from you because your questions aren't helping me.
Not sure what to think of this post, so I didn't think too much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom