• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
The only thing I'm not fond about with this is that in multiplayer battles, the steam is going to make you a massive target. Before, you could get by sort of hiding out and playing normally when you had high damage, and because of the hectic nature of Smash, most players were too busy fighting to look down and notice someone had a high damage percentage. Now with the steam effect, it's going to be clear as day who the vulnerable target is, so unless you're awesome at dodging three other people coming your way, getting past 200% damage might be a rarity.

I like the feature overall. I'm not against it, but I also hope there's an option to turn it off if desired.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if we'll get another vet at the end of this week. The release of Mario Kart 8 seems too big of an event to not have a character reveal for. Also, the only other time we've seen those challenger banners on the official site (that show the eyes of the characters) was when they revealed a bunch at once during the direct so there could be a couple of others lined up. Maybe we'll get more vets before E3 so that they can focus on other characters there...?

TLDR version: WARIO FOR FRIDAY??

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder if we'll get another vet at the end of this week. The release of Mario Kart 8 seems too big of an event to not have a character reveal for. Also, the only other time we've seen those challenger banners on the official site (that show the eyes of the characters) was when they revealed a bunch at once during the direct so there could be a couple of others lined up. Maybe we'll get more vets before E3 so that they can focus on other characters there...?

TLDR version: WARIO FOR FRIDAY??
I wouldn't be surprised if the challenger banner was simply a stylistic choice, but it's plausible. If there were multiple veterans revealed around the same time, it would make it easier to discern whose banner lead to who.

However, we shouldn't assume. Pokemon XY was a guaranteed reveal, and we got nothing.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, I wasn't even aware that MK8 came out tomorrow in Japan. It was soo ingrained in my head about the 30th that I forgot.

I'd say Wario is plausible, but I'll also say the Blue Shell is as well... Though, we JUST got an item Tuesday, and that is a good point about the banner. Up until the Direct, which was a mass confirmation, we never had the character's eyes on them. While it could just be a stylistic choice from now on, it does make it easier to search through multiple banners to find a specific character, so perhaps 2 banners may be up at the same time?

I have my doubts, considering that we've seen soo little on Ike, but, Sakurai is Sakurai. Watch him reveal a character every week until E3.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm hoping that some characters will have battle damage. For example:
  • Link's shield shows cracks.
  • Meta Knights mask cracks
  • Falcon's and Olimar's helmet cracks

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
  • Falcon's and olimar's helmet cracks
I think the steam is the battle damage. Yoshi and Sheik seemed fine at the percentages they were at, the only noticeable feature was the steam.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
  • Falcon's and olimar's helmet cracks
Captain Falcon's outfit is pristine at all times.

All joking aside though, wear and tear would be really cool to see. Picturing Power Suit Samus' visor cracking so that you can see one of her eyes...man, that would be cool!

Shroob

Sup?
Captain Falcon's outfit is pristine at all times.

All joking aside though, wear and tear would be really cool to see. Picturing Power Suit Samus' visor cracking so that you can see one of her eyes...man, that would be cool!
It's funny since it was planned for Brawl according to some textures, yet they didn't do it.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Concerning the steam, it's a bit lighter than the steam coming off of DK when he has a fully-charged Giant Punch. So it shouldn't be too difficult to distinguish.

Shroob

Sup?
But yes. If Wario is going to be shown, it's going to be tonight due to the Japanese release of MK8. Otherwise, I'm expecting nothing more than an explanation on the Blue Shell.

Honestly, Wario was a character who should have been shown back when Ashley was shown I feel. He's looooooong overdue for no real reason unless he's dropping the WarioWare duds, which I doubt.

Last edited:

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Seems like Lucario will enjoy the steam... which is odd, because I don't believe he can learn water type moves :p

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
My guess is still that they'll reveal at least most of the unannounced veterans at E3, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Yeah I'm still pretty confounded at the lack of at least Ness.

Maybe he'll get some special treatment to some degree at E3
The trailer focuses on a fiery Onett, swarming with Starmen. Smoke trails high into the sky, and there's a brilliant glow from the distant hills. The Starmen are all rushing in toward one place in particular: the center of town, where the exhausted and dirtied Ness and Lucas are fighting off Starmen. It's clear they might not last much longer, when suddenly.. KRAAAAK! The skies open up, bolts of electricity sending Starmen flying. They all look up toward the nearest building, and while Ness seems confused, Lucas seems both relieved and joyous. The camera swings up to the shadowy figure, another bolt of electricity from the heavens illuminating our savior..

NEWCOMER
Masked Man

With a third in their ranks, they start to make quick work of the Starmen as they cut a path up the mountain, only to reach where the glow is. It's the infamous meteorite, pulled from the ground by an enormous machine. Before the boys can move in to claim the meteorite, something cuts through the clouds high above, and a burst of wind nearly sends all three of the boys flying off the mountain. When they recover and look up at their new opponent, the glowing meteorite gives us a perfect idea of who the enemy is..

NEWCOMER
Ridley
Masked Man lifts an arm to signal the other two to hang back and rest, and while Ness seems fine with this, Lucas seems extremely reluctant to leave the Masked Man to fight alone. From a jetpack on the Masked Man's back, wings appear, and he blasts off toward the enemy, his blaster glowing brightly with energy while an energy blade bursts violently to life in his sword hand. The camera cuts to an angle so we can see the two preparing to clash..

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS WII U and 3DS
COMING JULY 20th FOR 3DS
OCTOBER 15th FOR WII U
Shush. I can dream. :drsad:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The trailer focuses on a fiery Onett, swarming with Starmen. Smoke trails high into the sky, and there's a brilliant glow from the distant hills. The Starmen are all rushing in toward one place in particular: the center of town, where the exhausted and dirtied Ness and Lucas are fighting off Starmen. It's clear they might not last much longer, when suddenly.. KRAAAAK! The skies open up, bolts of electricity sending Starmen flying. They all look up toward the nearest building, and while Ness seems confused, Lucas seems both relieved and joyous. The camera swings up to the shadowy figure, another bolt of electricity from the heavens illuminating our savior..

NEWCOMER
Masked Man

With a third in their ranks, they start to make quick work of the Starmen as they cut a path up the mountain, only to reach where the glow is. It's the infamous meteorite, pulled from the ground by an enormous machine. Before the boys can move in to claim the meteorite, something cuts through the clouds high above, and a burst of wind nearly sends all three of the boys flying off the mountain. When they recover and look up at their new opponent, the glowing meteorite gives us a perfect idea of who the enemy is..

NEWCOMER
Ridley
Masked Man lifts an arm to signal the other two to hang back and rest, and while Ness seems fine with this, Lucas seems extremely reluctant to leave the Masked Man to fight alone. From a jetpack on the Masked Man's back, wings appear, and he blasts off toward the enemy, his blaster glowing brightly with energy while an energy blade bursts violently to life in his sword hand. The camera cuts to an angle so we can see the two preparing to clash..

COMING JULY 20th FOR 3DS
OCTOBER 15th FOR WII U

I don't personally care for Masked Man, but any trailer with Ridley makes me cry tears of happiness.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

I don't personally care for Masked Man, but any trailer with Ridley makes me cry tears of happiness.
I just find the idea of naturally occurring conflict in Smash trailers to be a common aspect to them, so I wanted to open like that and keep it a recurring theme. I also originally intended to add Porky, but that would've been overkill and would've brought out the 'Mother doesn't deserve more than two reps!' people more than Masked Man would've. ;)

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

NEWCOMER
Masked Man

NEWCOMER
Ridley

COMING JULY 20th FOR 3DS
OCTOBER 15th FOR WII U
October isn't Winter.
But yaaaaaay.
[Needs more vets though]

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah, I'm not 'expecting' anything tonight, but if Wario gets shown, I think we'll be hard pressed to not be hopeful for a character next week as well... though, like I said, Blue Shell is more likely imo, despite getting an item a mere day ago.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
So yeah, I'm not 'expecting' anything tonight, but if Wario gets shown, I think we'll be hard pressed to not be hopeful for a character next week as well... though, like I said, Blue Shell is more likely imo, despite getting an item a mere day ago.
I don't see a new character at all. I can only see Blue Shell.
I mean, yes, Diddy Kong was one week after Little Mac, but that wasn't before the time that we are bout to get tons of info.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't see a new character at all. I can only see Blue Shell.
I mean, yes, Diddy Kong was one week after Little Mac, but that wasn't before the time that we are bout to get tons of info.
On the contrary, you could look at it like this:

If the focus on E3 is about new characters and not so much veterans, it would make sense to show the veterans ahead and time, and it would give the fans a little something to hold them over until E3. But yes, I agree with you. Expect nothing, become pleasantly surprised when we get something, like with Ike.

We're still missing a handful of starter characters, which is something to note: Lucas, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers and Wario have not been shown/de-confirmed yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom