• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 1, 2014] Michigan Ranbats 8 - Brawl/Project M (Livonia, MI)

What do you want as a Side Event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

Michigan Ranbats 8 is here and is the 1st tournament for Michigan's 11th PR Season. Please come out and join us for another Brawl/P:M tournament.

Organizers/Contact
• Kalle (FF Ori_bro)​

Venue
• Vista Tech Center (Schoolcraft College)​
• 18600 Haggerty Rd, Livonia, MI​

Prices
• Venue* - $5​
• Brawl Doubles - $10 ($5 per player)​
• Brawl Singles - $5​
• Project M - $10​
• Project M Doubles - $10 ($5 per player)​
*Venue fee will be waived if you bring a FULL Setup (TV + Wii + Brawl or P:M)​

Schedule
10:00 AM - Venue Opens/Registration​
12:15 PM - Doubles Registration Closes​
12:30 PM - Brawl Doubles Begins​
01:30 PM - Project M Bracket Begins​
03:30 PM - Brawl Pools Begin​
05:00 PM - Project M Doubles Begins​
05:30 PM - Brawl Bracket Begins​
10:00 PM - Venue Closes​
ALL REGISTRATION ENDS 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL PLACE YOU INTO YOUR RESPECTIVE EVENT.​
Rulesets
• Brawl: Apex 2014 Ruleset/Stagelist​
• Project M: Ver. 3.02, Apex Stagelist/Ruleset​

Payouts (Singles/Doubles)
< 29 Entrants
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

30-39 Entrants
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

40+ Entrants
1. 48%
2. 22%
3. 15%
4. 10%
5. 2.5% each

Please bring setups! We will need them to run this successfully and efficiently. Ideally if we have 6 setups for each game we will be more than okay. I know this could be done with 9-12 setups. If one of the events is running slower, I will convert setups to the opposite game to make things speedup.

Brawl (6)
Project M (6)

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Michigan Ranbats Results History

Michigan Ranbats 1: http://smashboards.com/threads/michigan-ranbats-1-results-brawl-project-m.337813/

Brawl Singles
1. Ally
2. Sparta Kick
3. LOE1
4. FF Ori_bro
5. FF Stewy
5. Ryuga
Brawl Doubles
1. Ally/Sparta Kick
2. LOE1/SoulPech
3. FF Ori_bro/WTP
PM Singles
1. Ally
2. Super
3. Juushichi
4. FF Xatic
5. Rizk
5. RobJoe
PM Doubles
1. Ally/FF Xatic
2. LOE1/SoulPech
3. Juushichi/FF Ori_bro​

Michigan Ranbats 2: http://smashboards.com/threads/mi-ranbats-ii-the-free-edition-results.338300/

Brawl Singles
1. LOE1
2. Zyth
3. Nom
PM Singles
1. LOE1
2. Zyth
3. Scala​

Michigan Ranbats 3/Body City: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/body-city-results-8-10-13-ann-arbor-mi.339855/

Brawl Singles
1. Ally
2. Zinoto
3. LOE1
4. L_Cancel
5. FF Ori_bro
5. lain
Brawl Doubles
1. Ally/Zinoto
2. LOE1/L_Cancel
3. Bowyer/TheMann
PM Singles
1. Oro?!
2. Ally
3. Shady
4. Kels
5. Shaeden
5. Vro​

Michigan Ranbats 4: http://smashboards.com/threads/michigan-ranbats-4-september-7-2013.340454/

Brawl Singles
1. LOE1
2. Smile
3. PzO
4. FF Ksev
5. Cam
5. SoulPech
Brawl Doubles
1. LOE1/SoulPech
2. FF Ori_bro/FF Ksev
3. Smile/DRDN
PM Singles
1. LOE1
2. SoulPech
3. Zyth
4. Nom
5. FF Ori_bro
5. FF JTSM
All Brawl
1. WTP
2. SoulPech
3. Ksev/LOE1​

Michigan Ranbats 5: http://smashboards.com/threads/michigan-ranbats-5-return-of-the-thrzy-sept-21-2013.340559/

Brawl Singles
1. Zinoto
2. LOE1
3. Tutu
4. FF Ori_bro
5. Anther
5. Smile
Brawl Doubles
1. Zinoto/WTP
2. LOE1/PzO
3. FF Ori_bro/Anther
PM Singles
1. Slayer
2. Zinoto
3. KJH
4. LOE1
5. Anther
5. fZk
PM Doubles
1. Slayer/KJH
2. Anther/SoulPech
3. Zinoto/FF JTSM​

Michigan Ranbats 6: http://smashboards.com/threads/michigan-ranbats-6-results-thread-livonia-mi.340986/

Brawl Singles
1. LOE1
2. Anther
3. FF KSev
4. FF Ori_bo
5. FF Stewy
5. PzO
Brawl Doubles
1. LOE1/FF Ksev
2. FF Ori_bro/Smile
3. FF Xatic/FF Stewy
PM Singles
1. Anther
2. LOE1
3. FF Xatic
4. Treetz
5. FF Ori_bro
5. Zyth
PM Doubles
1. Anther/Zyth
2. LOE1/FF Xatic
3. Nom/Me9595
4. FF Ori_bro/Shane​

Michigan Ranbats 7: http://smashboards.com/threads/michigan-ranbats-7-results-thread-livonia-mi.342607/

Brawl Singles
1: LOE1
2: Anther
3: FF Ksev
4: FF Stewy
5: Ori_bro
5: Cody
Brawl Doubles
1. FF Ksev/FF Xatic
2. Anther/FF Stewy
3. Cam/Cody
PM Singles
1: Shady
2: Dope
3: Anther
4: DRB | Juushichi
5: Soulpech
5: Zyth​

Michigan Ranbats 8: http://smashboards.com/threads/ranbats-8.347458/

Brawl Singles
1. Zinoto
2. LOE1
3. Oblivion
4. Ksev
5. Tech
5. Anther
Brawl Doubles
1. LOE1/Tech
2. Zinoto/Oblivion
3. PzO/Ksev
Project M Singles
1. Zinoto
2. Anther
3. LOE1
4. PzO
5. Shwicked
5. Identity Crisis
Project M Doubles
1. Anther/Identity Crisis
2. Zinoto/WTP
3. LOE1/Nom​

Last edited:

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
I need a job to pay for all these tournies, haha, I'll come to the this one, thinking about entering P:M this time...

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
I wanna go but it's dependent on if any of my friends are willing to go or not. I can't convince them to go to a smashfest so maybe they'll go to a tourney? Idk.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I wanna go but it's dependent on if any of my friends are willing to go or not. I can't convince them to go to a smashfest so maybe they'll go to a tourney? Idk.
sounds like a bunch of punks. Just joking. Anyways, it sucks that they feel this way. How good are you compared to them? Maybe if you start attending smashfests to get better and if they see you getting better, maybe it'll encourage them as well. What the more experienced players should be doing is investing more time to help the new players and encourage them to get better . Just saying "Hey here's isn't a smashfest isn't enough". There should be some time to get to talk to them and welcome them to the community. IMO.

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
sounds like a bunch of punks. Just joking. Anyways, it sucks that they feel this way. How good are you compared to them? Maybe if you start attending smashfests to get better and if they see you getting better, maybe it'll encourage them as well. What the more experienced players should be doing is investing more time to help the new players and encourage them to get better . Just saying "Hey here's isn't a smashfest isn't enough". There should be some time to get to talk to them and welcome them to the community. IMO.

Speaking of which, does anyone else in this state main Marth? I wouldn't mind someone critiquing me

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
They felt well liked and received by the community. They're just lazy ****s. And seeing as i can't drive i'm screwed being the only motivated one. Plus they think it's a waste to drive down to livonia just to play brawl ._. *sigh*

**Edit** None of them like me but as soon as one of them is thinking about going they all want to go.. >_>

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Speaking of which, does anyone else in this state main Marth? I wouldn't mind someone critiquing me

I don't know if anyone mains him, but Oblivion's definitely got a legit Marth. I'm sure he can help, along with everyone else.

Also, bringing a setup which could be for either game, whichever needed.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Playing offline is always > playing online.

If you can help it and you're less than 30mins away from someone. Go play with them. It's soooooooooooooo much more worth it than playing on Nintendo's ****ty wifi service. :)

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
Playing offline is always > playing online.

If you can help it and you're less than 30mins away from someone. Go play with them. It's soooooooooooooo much more worth it than playing on Nintendo's ****ty wifi service. :)
Xatic they aren't playing brawl at all because of the travel and they don't play wifi.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Xatic they aren't playing brawl at all because of the travel and they don't play wifi.
Yo, you actually live pretty close to where my "community" is.

I only say that because there's only 3 of us that count. (myself, SpartaKick, Ally when he's here)

If you ever want a ride to a tournament hmu. I'm sure something could be worked out for you.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I have to get Xatic for this Zach. I'd be passing Grand Blanc if you wanted a ride + awesome weekend of Smash and fun :D

LOE1

Smash Lord
for a second while I was reading the OP where it said venue I thought it said "visit tech in the basement"

Top Bottom