• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meteor Cancelling can be jump buffered

Chevy

Smash Ace
Version: 3.6b

This has happened on multiple set-ups and what-not pretty sure confirmed.

If you are holding jump(stick or button) as you pass through the (now 12 frame) meteor cancel window, you'll automatically jump the first frame. You can still trigger the fail window by letting go of jump or mis-timing an up-b during the no cancel window, but as long as you press and keep held the jump button after being hit you'll do it the first possible frame.

Curiously, you can also buffer a jump out of regular meteor hit-stun if you do happen to trigger the fail window.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Chevy

Smash Ace
I tested it with Ganondorf d-air on Samus at many percents. I had read that thread earlier and my results were completely different. For one, it was always a 12 frame window, not 8, and spamming up-b properly triggered the fail window for me. Also, Toaster said that it counts down during hitlag, but the 12 frame window always started after launch for me.

Top Bottom