• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2013 Community Tier List

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Falco doesn't get combo'd nearly as hard as fox. Falco's tech rolls are much better, on par with sheik's. He also falls a bit faster which lets him escape combos a bit earlier and CC longer.

But both of them can be knocked down and repeatedly put in bad situations and then edgeguarded with similar methodology.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Do give me a frame-by-frame breakdown of his options when he's getting comboed across the stage by the entire cast.
That's the point though. Fox has so many options that if you were to play him amazingly, you wouldn't even have to worry about getting combo'd.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm sure you have more depth in your argument but more than once when someone would say "Fox is the best" or etc. you'd say no because he gets combo'd easily (paraphrased). But that goes for Falco too so who is #1 to you and how much does it matter how hard you get combo'd when you have the best options in the game?
You said Fox has a lot of options at any given point. I'm just pointing out that's not true as he, along with Falco, has some of the worst options during combos compared to the rest of the cast. I'm not even bringing your assumption that he has the best options in the game overall into the argument.

That's the point though. Fox has so many options that if you were to play him amazingly, you wouldn't even have to worry about getting combo'd.
lol

Vale

Smash Ace
Top Placings: None. I play with my friends.
Best tournament victories: There was this one time we had a 5 person tournament at my house and I won.
Players with about equal skill: This one guy that used to live down the street from me but moved in 2008.
People you could contact: None that I know of

Now that we have established how overqualified I am for this, here we go:

1. Falco
2. Fox
3. Jigglypuff
4. Peach
5. Shiek
6. Marth
7. Captain Falcon
8. Doctor Mario
9. Ice Climbers
10. Pikachu
11. Ganondorf
12. Samus
13. Luigi
14. Mario
15. DK
16. Link
17. Young Link
18. Zelda
19. Game and Watch
20. Mewtwo
21. Roy
22. Yoshi
23. Ness
24. Bowser
25. Kirby
26. Pichu

Determined my tier list on the idea that the tier list represents the human abilities of players and the ability of players of that character to win a tournament. Characters that have little room for error, such as Fox and the Ice Climbers, were moved down. Another reason for moving Fox down is, as other people have noted, how much MU experience people have against him and his inconsistency to place 1st. Of course, the metagame is still developing, and some characters have the potential to rise. However, they have not done so yet, so I believe to rank them higher for a tier list reflecting the current metagame wouldn't make sense.

Glad to have not been of assistance.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If being more consistent with Falco is true and many people put him in 1st, what is the argument? What I saw is that Mango can win with Fox and PP can win with Falco, so the rest of the Fox/Falco player have similar results don't they?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What is the argument behind putting Falco above Fox? What I saw is that Mango can win with Fox and PP can win with Falco, and the same can be said about fox and falco players of all skill levels.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
The obvious is obvious?
Did you know, Ken can win with Marth and Isai can win with Sheik, but can't that be said about Marth and Sheik players of all skill levels?

Vale

Smash Ace
How do tournament results place Fox/Falco? If we look at Apex 2013, we see that Falco scored higher. At Apex 2012, Fox took more of the high ranking position. The general trend I noticed was that Falco was a bit better represented at the top of large tournaments, but some of the pieces of datum were from 2010/2011. If, however, larger samples show Fox performing equally as well or better, I'd keep Fox above.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Im saying there's still not enough concrete evidence saying Falco is better than Fox.. High level Falco and Fox place about the same.. but I still feel like Fox has better potential.

Voltz

Smash Journeyman
Credentials: Few, I practice with friends and test a lot of things.
Notable placements: None.

1. Falco
2. Fox
3.Puff
4. Sheik
5. Marth
6. Captain Falcon
7. Peach
8. ICs
9. Doc
10. Samus
11. Pikachu
12. Ganon
13. Mario
14. Luigi
15. Y Link
16. Link
17. DK
18. Mewtwo
19. Roy
20. Zelda
21. G&W
22. Ness
23. Yoshi
24. Bowser
25. Kirby
26. Pichu

I believe that Falco is above Fox because of placement, and the clarity that Falco counters Fox.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Roy and Ness definitely aren't better than Yoshi. I'm really convinced most people know next to nothing about the character and/or do not have the patience to play him effectively so I'll stop my rants. He's nowhere near bottom 4.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I've been going to tournaments since August 2005. On and off in 2008 but pretty consistant otherwise.
Notable whatever:
5th in teams at Pound 5, 33rd in singles (bracket)
Made bracket at every Apex I have entered, placing around top 32.
Was MBR until new smashboards, dunno what's up with the MBR now.
Victories: Chu Dat, Chillin, Vist, Cyrain, DoH, Nintendude, Azen, Duck, VanZ, Cactuar, Lord HDL, Kels etc (just a few I guess... too many tournies. ugh, I hate this part)

Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth
Jigglypuff
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Dr. Mario
Pikachu
Mario
Ganondorf
Luigi
Link
Donkey Kong
Young Link
Zelda
Roy
Yoshi,
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Bowser
Pichu
Kirby

john!

Smash Hero
haha i love when people do that

"you REALLY put *character x* over *character y*?"

as if it was some kind of glaring oversight that they had completely missed when they made their list

FourStar

Smash Ace
Roy and Ness definitely aren't better than Yoshi. I'm really convinced most people know next to nothing about the character and/or do not have the patience to play him effectively so I'll stop my rants. He's nowhere near bottom 4.
im pretty sure none of us play the bottom 7 to 8 characters so no one knows how to rank them. including me

Divinokage

Smash Legend
haha i love when people do that

"you REALLY put *character x* over *character y*?"

as if it was some kind of glaring oversight that they had completely missed when they made their list
Not really but its pretty clear who the better character is.. and I want to know his opinion.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Practicing their Dino... or (insert character here) to improve aspects of their game.. to acquire more knowledge... :)

or sleeping....

EDIT: Yoshi at #23??

ouch!! :( that's not nice...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
V3ctorman you're beast....I'm so glad we got to play tons of matches at Apex. Yoshi is easily comparable to Link and DK on the tier list. I'm just hesitant to put him higher than that until he does more at tournaments.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I personally find Mario's versality and edgeguarding as a whole to beat out most of Ganon's strats. He hits hard, but Ganon also gets stage ****ed much harder. Both have ass recovery but at least Mario can projectile return. /shrug then again I haven't lost to a Ganon in 6 years. ;) Yes Kage I'm looking at you.

Also if it's "pretty clear" who the better character(s) are, there would be no point to this, am I right? Around that spot on the tier list the lower-tiered characters mesh together more for me. Not a lack of experience, just that they're all pretty bad lol.

AND DONT FORGET GAIZ ITS IMO K

Vale

Smash Ace
Because nobody in the whole world plays more than one character, right?
I'm pretty sure a dimensional rift gets created if you try to choose a character that isn't your main. Same thing if you go to turn on the items when playing casually.

Top Bottom