• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yeah, you'll want to inject the code at a line that gets executed every frame of the game, or at the function that writes to the grounded/air state memory address. It just depends on what other codes you are running and whether or not you are interested in combining like codes to minimize code lines (doesn't sound like this is an issue for you guys, though.)

I would go with injecting the luigi code in the grounded/air state function and start by jumping in the air --> pause game --> do a memory write breakpoint at the grounded/air state memory address --> play game --> it should freeze (break) when your character lands and 0 is written to the memory address.

If you update the memory at this point, you'll see that 0 has already been written to the memory address. So you're technically past the code line you want. Check your registers. There should be one that holds the value 0 (likely in the r0-r5 range...but maybe not). Note what register it is in and then look back at previous code lines from where it broke to find one that is storing that register into the address at some other register.

(The game may have written the ground/air state value and then branch linked into a new function, which might be where the game broke for the memory write breakpoint. If this is the case [make sure to turn Symbols --> Generate Symbol Map on in Dolphin], then put a breakpoint down at the "blr" at the end of the function you broke at, hit play, then step forward on the branch link to [hopefully] be back in the function you want. Make sure you noted the register that 0 was in before doing this because the newer function might have changed that value.)

The exact line to inject at in the function that does the writing is not important for this code. You just need to add the code in at some line within that function that always gets executed when you land. Use breakpoints for testing to verify.

Hope this makes some sense...

Gentlefox

Smash Cadet
Not quite, I want Luigi to be able to use aerial down+B to generate lift (where you rise by mashing B within a frame window) without first using grounded down+B (which essentially toggles the lift function to 'on' in vMelee). Furthermore, the lift function must still retain the one-use limit (meaning you can't rise using down+B more than once in the air).

This behavior essentially should emulate Mario/Doctor Mario down+B moves when used for recovery.

Hope this clears up what I want, and if not, please do tell me. achilles' previous post on this topic details the code logic that would be necessary (or at least the most obvious way of doing it).
Got it. I didn't even know that bug existed.

Since the MasterHand rewrite will take me too long, I'll just bite the bullet and fix the Luigi thing in the morning from my buggy Windows partition.

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
I hope you will be able to run SD Remix on the Datel SD Media Launcher. I believe there are stronger homebrew applications such as Swiss-GC that suit your needs better, but you'd need your Media Launcher to work correctly first.

1. We have not made any bug fixes to elements present in the original game. We just don't have the technical expertise to do that at the moment, and it's low-priority overall.

2. I won't argue about whether or not chain grabs are detrimental to the integrity of the game, but they are very much part of Melee's identity. Sheik's Down Throw will be reverted as any tweak to the NTSC standard greatly affects her match-ups with the top tiers, thereby unfairly subjugating her to a huge nerf in her punishment game (Ganondorf can chaingrab many characters to death as well, but we wouldn't dare touch him!). Not only that, but we do not believe the low tiers that fare terribly against Sheik fared much better overall without the chaingrab in place. There are other aspects of Sheik that shut down certain character archetypes in the Melee game system.

3. We don't see implementing nerfs in the foreseeable future. It's simply just not a part of our mission in this project.

Plus, we like to think that next time somebody sees something questionable happen in SD Remix, they will remember Marth Utilt'ing a spacie to death on Yoshi's Story, a Fox mirror match, or Falcon doing random hits into knee. There's a lot of questionable gameplay decisions in Melee, but I strongly believe many of us would not have it any other way. ;)
Yeah, we'll see how the Media Launcher thing goes. If customer service gets back to me and it works, then I should be able to maybe take it to smashfests. Though Datel's customer service is really friggin' slow.

1. That makes sense. Honestly, I probably wouldn't put it high on the priority list myself, even if I did have the technical expertise.
2. Fair enough, I agree that it changes her throw game for the worse a lot. Good point about it not really affecting the match-ups too much.
3. Okey dokey :).
A. Haha, good point! Melee is pretty much a big beautiful accident :p.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Code:
Luigi Cyclone Charges in Same Manner as Mario's

(1.02) [Achilles]
C207D8AC 00000003
81DF0004 2C0E0011
40820008 907F222C
907F00E0 00000000

(1.00) [Achilles]
C207D610 00000003
81DF0004 2C0E0011
40820008 907F222C
907F00E0 00000000
Not thoroughly tested. Please provide feedback.

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
It's here!

SD Card/USB version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar4zkp613ew5hsy/[USB]_SDR_3.1.zip
DVD/Dolphin version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/scn49can56umuff/[DVD] SDR_3.1.zip

(Changelist from 3.0 to 3.1 included in package; also present on first page)

Special thanks @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 for the Luigi Cyclone code at the last moment. This version has been under development for nearly a year and would not be possible without the help of @Druggedfox and @Pengie.

Now we let the game develop and mature. Now I look forward to working with everyone to make SD Remix, 20XX, and Melee hacks in general become more accessible!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It's here!

SD Card/USB version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar4zkp613ew5hsy/[USB]_SDR_3.1.zip
DVD/Dolphin version - http://www.mediafire.com/download/scn49can56umuff/[DVD] SDR_3.1.zip

(Changelist from 3.0 to 3.1 included in package; also present on first page)

Special thanks @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 for the Luigi Cyclone code at the last moment. This version has been under development for nearly a year and would not be possible without the help of @Druggedfox and @Pengie.

Now we let the game develop and mature. Now I look forward to working with everyone to make SD Remix, 20XX, and Melee hacks in general become more accessible!
Nice!!! It's great to see Melee hacking projects progressing. It's gotta feel great to get this released.

Btw, check this one out. My coworker came up with this idea on our way home from work today.
Code:
Samus - Hold Z While Firing a Full Charged Shot to Shoot at 25% Speed [Achilles]

(1.02)
C22B57D0 00000005
89F806BF 2C0F0010
4082000C 3E003FC0
48000008 3E004040
921D000C C01D000C
60000000 00000000

(1.00)
C22B4154 00000005
89F806BF 2C0F0010
4082000C 3E003FC0
48000008 3E004040
921D000C C01D000C
60000000 00000000

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just wanted to check, if we're updating from the previous version is it ok to just paste the new files straight over the old ones on the SD card?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I pasted new files over old mostly cuz I didn't have a clean iso.lol deleted it by accident.It seems like it change but I only played one matchy.

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just wanted to check, if we're updating from the previous version is it ok to just paste the new files straight over the old ones on the SD card?
It should be okay for you to paste the new files over the old ones. I do recommend that you eventually install from scratch as this version will be around for quite some time.

edb1rd

Smash Rookie
This looks absolutely amazing. If G&W is a more formidable threat now, I shall be maining him...can't sleep on bumblebee Ness or Roy's our boy either. Thanks for all your work.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
This is great. One thing that's just annoying me, please change 0x3F725B (it is a 1.0 dol right?) in the dol to 01 so that the default debug menu language is english. Besides that, AMAZING WORK.

_glook

It's a work in progress, but I've started making a visual change list from vMelee to SDR3.1. I made it mostly for myself and for the benefit of those I'll eventually be playing with (so I can just send them this page or a printed version of it at a smashfest). I figure I might as well share it with this thread, though.

SD Remix Visual Changelist

The only thing left is to cover all the the characters. I'm going in tier list order and have gotten to Pikachu.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
@_glook.Can you post a download when its done?Also is that from 3.0 to 3.1 or vmelee to 3.1?Thanks.

_glook

It's not so much a download as it a webpage. If you click the link, you can take a look at what I have so far, and I'll update that page as I go. The stuff I have left to do is Samus and down on the tier list. I've also done a video clip of Pikachu's dash attack and linked it as well, and I plan on doing video clips for all of the moves with new animations.

Edit: Doing this has given me a whole new level of appreciation for the amount of work that went into this mod.

@ Jade_Rock55 Jade_Rock55 To address your other question, this is from vMelee (NTSC 1.0) to SD Remix 3.1.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Alright thanks for the info on 1.00 and yeah a lot of went into this and it just got even bigher ,nice work SD remix devs.

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
@ _glook _glook Thanks for all your hard work! I'll look over it closely to see if there are any corrections I should make (which would essentially be fixes to any discrepancies in the official changelists!) and refer to your page in the first post. Honestly, I can't thank you enough for making it so organized.

I do recommend you add a table of contents and then create anchor links to each section at some point.

Now that development is done, I'll be starting the development blog up again to detail how I went about balancing each character.

If you or someone you know has a player base interested in SD Remix and have ways to upload video, let me know! I'd love to connect to SD Remix fans and add a few people-savvy publicists to the crew!

I want to spread the word about SD Remix and help more people access it. With more people than ever hacking Melee due to the 20XX training pack, the environment is set for just that.

Last edited:

_glook

@ sdremix_troubleshooter sdremix_troubleshooter Thanks! I appreciate all the work you did, and I'm just happy to help any way I can.

To all: I finished the changelist, as far as I could tell. I made a few liberties, especially at what looked like copy/paste errors in the original changelist. I also added to places where I knew there were some changes; for instance, the adding of the fire hitbox at the emergence of Zelda's Fayore's Wind's wasn't documented, but I remember reading about it on the Developer Blog entry. Furthermore, many of the self-damage stats for Pichu were incorrect. I may also have mangled some of the wording at places where I was confused. If so my apologies, I've worked on this for so long that everything is blurry.

Per sdremix_troubleshooter's suggestion, the page now has a table of contents that takes you to each section and also to the individual character's changelist. This should make it much easier to navigate.

Also, because I'm apparently an incredibly unbalanced individual, I went ahead and created print-friendly versions of the page so that you can carry it around with you everywhere you go, because why not?! It's about 50-60 pages though, so it'll probably only be worth it if you plan on doing a bigger smashfest/tournament. Doing this, though, allowed me to be an editor, so I've fixed much of the typos and omissions that you might have seen before. I've made two versions, linked below.

Print Friendly Word 2013 Doc
Print Friendly PDF

I'm ready to sleep. Let me know if you guys find any issues. Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to give you guys a link to the site so you don't have to go back to my previous post. Here it is: http://uglook.net/writing/sdremix/

Last edited:

_glook

Making a separate post because this doesn't have anything to do with the previous post.

If you've got the ISO on Dolphin and you also have a copy on Melee in your ISO directory, SD Remix and vMelee will look exactly the same in your Dolphin game's list. To help with that, I've uploaded a file, opening.bnr. It should replace the banner image to include the words "SD Remix 3.1" in purple, replaces the title with "SUPER SMASH BROS. Melee: SD Remix 3.1" and replaces the description. If you're following along with the "Guide to ISO hacking for DVD Back-ups and Dolphin" in the first post, put opening.bnr in the "root" folder along with the SD Remix files.

By the way, has anyone played SD Remix via netplay (like this)? Is it playable (in other words, not too laggy or desyncy)?

Attachments

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Cool I've always wanted a bnr file but didn't know how to make one.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Quicky question my good sirs: I'm updating simply by dragging and dropping the root/sys files and overwriting the previous updates contents. Are there any downsides I should look out for, or am I fine and dandy as a hard candy christmas?

Smasher81

Smash Rookie
Amazing balance you guys made. I was just wondering if you could maybe explain how to modify character moves such as lowering the knockback, damage it deals, and increasing/decreasing the hitbox of the move. Thanks.

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
When does Kirby normally lose his charge shot (Samus's power)? It seems I never have it and lose my charge on the simplest hit.
It should work like Samus in that being hit at any point of the pre-charge start-up/charge/release start-up would cause you to lose the Charge Shot. Hitting Samus/Kirby out of their UpB will also cause this.

Amazing balance you guys made. I was just wondering if you could maybe explain how to modify character moves such as lowering the knockback, damage it deals, and increasing/decreasing the hitbox of the move. Thanks.
The first few links in the 'Useful Posts' section of this post: http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-hacks-and-you-updated-1-7-11.247119/ should help you.

Last edited:

_glook

I just tried out SD Remix on NetPlay and as long as you have all of the proper settings in place, it works really well on the latest dev version. I managed to get a game going with my brother hovering at 7-10 input buffer and it worked pretty well (though it did feel SLIGHTLY clunky). Easily playable though, and a lot of fun. Would recommend.

I also don't know if this is newsworthy at all, but I brought SD Remix to Showdown Tuesday Game Nights in San Francisco. It seemed to get a positive reception with the handful of tourney smasher that played it. The new Ganon uptilt was a big hit (pun partially intended) and so was Mewtwo's tail hurtbox removal. I can also that that SD Remix is totally casual friendly, as the casuals that wandered by seemed to like it (at least as much as normal Melee, they didn't exactly know they were playing a non-standard game).

@ sdremix_troubleshooter sdremix_troubleshooter : Maybe it's just that it's much easier to hit Kirby out of his up-b so it's way more noticeable. I'll try it out some more.

Top Bottom