• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man.EXE Jacks In... *to the Ballot!* Battle Routine, Set! Execute!

Mega Man.EXE Support Thread - Hero of the Net!

"Come on, Lan, let's go! Onward to a great future!!"
— Mega Man.EXE

Introduction:

With DLC via Mewtwo coming to Smash, there is a possibility of more characters being introduced as DLC. This thread is a hub (about Hub) for fans of Mega Man.EXE/Rockman.EXE as a character, the Battle Network/Rockman EXE video game series, and the NT Warrior manga and anime plus their sequels, or anyone else who would like to discuss the potential of Mega Man.EXE as a DLC fighter. Do you think it's possible or impossible? Contribution could also include moveset speculation, palette and alternate costume ideas, providing links and resources for support in more places than simply Smashboards, etc. Even saying why you support Mega Man.EXE and a little explanation helps, or showing your love for the cyber side of the Mega Man franchise. While I feel like Mega Man.EXE's chances are very slim, I love Battle Network too much to pass up this opportunity!​

If you support Mega Man.EXE as a DLC fighter, please say so in the thread, or tag me in a post in this thread, and I will add you to the list of supporters!

Also, vote here!
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
Include reasoning from this thread and reasoning of your own on why he should be in, how important Battle Network is to you growing up and/or now, and what Mega Man.EXE would bring to the table.

Art and music are also welcome! I'd love to credit and include fanart, as well as fan remixes. Feel free to also include tracks you want remixed for a Mega Man.EXE inclusion, or just those awesome Capcom remixes.

Currently need help on...

Finding the best ways to reach out to Capcom via social media, snail mail, and email. Please leave any suggestions in the thread! Suggestions that could improve the thread are also welcome; this is its first rough draft, after all. I'll be honest and admit that, after this rough draft, my brain is too fried to make any other revisions or dig for more stuff. I'll just let it sit overnight, reply to posts, and work on it over time via baby steps. :)

Who exactly is Mega Man.EXE?

Mega Man.EXE is one of the Mega Men, being a virus-busting program in the cyber world. He was incredibly popular in the early and mid-2000's. During that time, six main-line games (#3 and beyond being multi-version releases similar to Pokemon) and several spinoff games were released across Nintendo's platforms. Manga and anime were also released and given sequels, each having branching storylines of their own. Even with multiple storylines, Mega Man.EXE (Rockman.EXE in Japan) was the star of it all alongside his operator, Lan Hikari (Netto Hikari in Japan).

You can actually look into the character a bit if you have a 3DS or Wii U! By landing Mega Man's Final Smash, you can see Mega Man's many incarnations appear on-screen as they prepare a devastating attack. To the far left, you can see our cybernetic hero preparing his Charge Shot:​

The Wii U eShop has multiple Battle Network games for sale, where you can experience the adventures of Mega Man.EXE. Search Battle Network, and check out the previews of each game. I personally recommend Battle Network 2, 3, 5, and 6 most.

What is Battle Network?

Battle Network is an action-RPG series that combines both turn-based and real-time combat for a very enjoyable, unique experience. The series is based around solving problems in both the real world and cyber world, with Lan as Mega Man.EXE's operator. Below is Battle Network in action, showcasing some of Mega Man.EXE's abilities:

Similar to the Pokemon Trainer giving commands to his Pokemon in Brawl, Lan guides Mega Man.EXE through combat while sending him battle chips, which allows Mega Man.EXE to briefly borrow power from different types of enemy viruses, fellow net programs (net navis), and control of the battlefield through changing terrain and summoning objects. Lan solves problems through objects in the real world, and Mega Man.EXE solves problems through objects in the cyber world. Below is an example of Lan sending battle chips to Mega Man.EXE, each having a unique offensive or defensive effect:

From left to right: a water-based bubble-launching chip that hits both something in its path and a square behind that, a chip that heals 300 HP, a chip that launches walrus fangs for 130 damage, a solar gun that deals damage the longer it's held against enemies, a multi-hit gun that hits both something in its path and the square behind it, either Red Sun or Blue Moon (a giga chip, which summons an extremely-powerful orb), and a tornado chip that summons a tornado exactly two squares ahead to deal three hits of damage.

Outside of battlechips, Mega Man.EXE has a Megabuster similar to Mega Man's. All of EXE's shots, including charged shots, reach enemies almost instantly. Another ability EXE possesses outside of battle chips is the ability to imitate other programs or take different forms. Even though he generally gains imitation abilities through defeating foes, there are times when he can rematch navis and use their abilities against them:

Also, there are times when he will mirror an opponent's abilities before defeating them, like borrowing power from the Cybeasts to use against them:

This is very similar to Kirby's copy ability. While foes die after being copied by Kirby, it functions differently in Smash where they are released afterwards, only taking a small amount of damage. Similarly, more leniency could be given to Mega Man.EXE.

Outside of copying the abilities of other cyber beings, Mega Man.EXE has some other forms through Style Changes:

With Style Changes, Mega Man adopts a random element, and a new ability based on your playstyle. Despite randomized elemental properties, there are still somewhat-canon elements for each style, depicted by the NT Warrior manga/anime and the concept art of the games.​
  • Far Left: Default.​
  • Red: Heat Guts. Fire Element with a rapid, more powerful megabuster and super armor.​
  • Light Blue: Aqua Custom. Water Element with a focus on versatility in battlechip use.​
  • Yellow: Elec Team (Team = Brothers in Japan). Electric Element with a focus on borrowing the powers of allies.​
  • Green: Wood Shield. Wood Element specializing in defensive capabilities.​
  • Far Right: Hub Style. No Element. The definition of overpowered. Takes attributes from all styles and cranks them up to 11. Also takes overpowered and cranks that up to 11.​
Bug Style, with some incredible concept art:

Bug Style, like the other styles, can contain a random element in-game. It is shown with no added element in the anime or concept art. It utilizes the power of randomly-selected bugs for both positive and negative effects.

Exclusive to specific Battle Network 3 versions are Shadow (Blue Exclusive) and Ground (White Exclusive) Styles, both being in the same vein as the styles with randomized elements. Shadow is a heat-based style in concept art, focusing on stealthy manuevers and temporary invincibility. Ground likes to hold its ground, breaking and changing terrain to capitalize on its own strategies, being electricity-based in concept art.

Potential Issues on Mega Man.EXE's inclusion, and how they can be approached:
  • Wouldn't he just be a Mega Man clone?​
I don't believe so. Even as another Blue Bomber with a Megabuster, EXE still has many, many combat attributes that set him far apart from any of the other Mega Men. If Samus and Zero Suit Samus co-exist in Smash as unique characters, EXE could easily be a unique fighter of his own. In fact, EXE is so different from the original Mega Man that sharing a moveset or even sharing any moves (even Megabuster with how different each of theirs is!) would not work for either of them.
  • How is he relevant? There hasn't been a new Battle Network game for years.​
While this is true, Battle Network is gaining a lot of recent support from Nintendo. Not only is Mega Man.EXE featured in the newest Smash as both a trophy and part of a Final Smash, his games are also being re-released over time on the Wii U eShop. Besides current support from Nintendo, we could see a new Battle Network game or remake at any point to bring him even further into the spotlight. Not only are there games, we could see anime localization past the first two seasons of NT Warrior, and action figures and other toys coming back into production. Seeing as how Axess was cancelled, there definitely was interest in bringing at least Axess overseas, and we could also see artbook reprints or official releases of the anime OST! EXE-styled Settlers of Catan re-release, anyone?
  • Why should Mega Man receive more than one fighter as a third-party franchise?​
EXE himself is almost exclusively featured on Nintendo's platforms, with only the mobile market being branched into very slightly. Besides that, the most recent EXE game is a DS remake of the first Battle Network. This not only shows that he remained with Nintendo all the way through, it also shows potential for remakes or other new releases of Battle Network games for the 3DS, Wii U, or future Nintendo platforms. Besides all of that, the Battle Network (EXE) series is so different from other Mega Man series that I wouldn't be surprised if it had its own logo rather than sharing one with the original Mega Man, similar to Wario, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi in the Mario universe.
  • What about Lan?​
While they are a duo of main protagonists rather than each EXE series having one main protagonist, and while Mega Man.EXE would be crippled in many situations without Lan's help, Mega Man.EXE would be the one handling all direct combat. Unlike the Pokemon Trainer, Lan and Mega Man would not appear on the same stage in-combat, and Mega Man.EXE is simply one character rather than three, meaning he wouldn't need a lead character to serve as the poster boy leader of a trio like the Pokemon Trainer. I'm not sure whether this thread should focus more on Lan or not. He definitely should be giving Mega Man.EXE vocal support through voice clips and sending battle chips if EXE reaches Smash, nothing would be right in the world if he didn't. I'm sure just "Mega Man.EXE" or "Lan & Mega" or anything else is fine. It's a huge gray area I'm unsure of. I feel like this naming situation is something we shouldn't focus too much on, outside of making sure Lan would be giving vocal support and battle chips to Mega Man.EXE during combat. I'm personally fine either way, but I'd like to hear sentiments from those leaning towards one side or the other.
  • He's already part of a Final Smash!​
I feel like this actually helps Mega Man.EXE. His model is already made for the 3DS and Wii U, and it moves like a true fighter. Even as a cameo in a Final Smash, which would be kinda awkward in Mega Man vs. EXE, it doesn't subtract from the enjoyability and gameplay of Smash Bros. If canon is an issue, there's actually something really neat we could see if EXE attacks another EXE in a Final Smash: Dark MegaMan.EXE! To avoid spoilers, please skip to 1:21 if you aren't automatically brought there:

While Mega Man.EXE fighting his darkness, and Mega Man.EXE becoming Dark Mega Man.EXE are completely different occasions, it's Smash! Things could easily work out. His dark self would simply require a texture and possibly a voice that adds a neat little touch when he's hit with the original Mega Man's Final Smash. Likewise, if the Dark Mega Man.EXE texture is playable, the original Mega Man's Final Smash could simply be regular Mega Man.EXE attacking him. Move over, Dark Link, there's a new star of the show!

Seriously, sword and projectile wars between Mega Man.EXE and Link would be epic.

Potential Palettes and Costumes:
Since there's the red, blue, green, and yellow teams for 8 Player Smash, we should obviously see those colors and the default palette.​
  • Default: The first picture of this thread, and how he appears in Mega Man's Final Smash.
  • Red: Heat Style.
  • Blue: Aqua Style.
  • Yellow: Elec Style.
  • Green: Wood Style.
Other Potential Palettes:
Hub Style, Dark Mega, Gregar, Falzar, Colonel, Protoman, Iris, Gutsman, Roll (because real men wear pink), or anything else based on other net navis, viruses, humans, or bosses and final bosses. The Life Virus, anyone?:awesome: Please leave suggestions on other palettes, or alternate costumes that you feel would fit Mega Man.EXE well in Smash.​

Moveset Potential:

Going into all battle chips would take longer than the wait for Smash 5's release unless I stole ideas from others at a world record pace. Take a look at this and let the ideas flow:​

Different variations of his shots (regular and charge shots), borrowed attacks from Style Changes, Double Soul and Cross abilities, borrowed signature moves for other netnavis, and Navi Customizer abilities would also serve as very nice additions to a moveset.​

Also, remember the forms mentioned earlier? I feel like Master Style (where all Style Changes are utilized) would make a great Final Smash:

2:54 is where the video should direct you to automatically, just skip there if that doesn't work. This would show off the unique properties of each style, ending in a very potent finisher.

Another idea I had for a Final Smash was Mega Man.EXE harnessing the power of both Gregar and Falzar at the same time. While this isn't officially in the games, it has a role in the anime:​

This is the advantage Mega Man.EXE would have over the Pokemon fighters. While they have to stick to one Mega Evolution, both Master Style and using the power of both Cybeasts allows Mega Man.EXE to avoid the same problem Charizard has, which is needing to stick with one Mega Evolution (form) for a Final Smash, entirely discarding Charizard Y from Smash. Mewtwo may suffer this problem as well.

As a third idea for a Final Smash, there's also Hub Style, which was mentioned earlier, as a very overpowered fusion of the abilities of Style Changes, another way to approach them besides Master Style. My idea for Hub Style is that all attacks are dramatically strengthened, turning all battle chip attacks into program advances!

How would these three Final Smashes function?

Master Style:
Like the beginning of the Program Advance, Mega Man.EXE would split into Aqua Custom, Heat Guts, and Elec Team styles, each launching a different attack or traveling in a different path. Mega Man would then switch between his many styles as he lays the beatdown, then unleash a large radius explosion, which would work really well if this attack takes place while anyone else fighting is still out, similar to Link, Kirby, Ike, Robin, etc.'s Final Smashes.

Double Beast:
Mega Man would have supreme land speed and aerial movement through a transformation Final Smash, similar to Wario's Final Smash. Devastating claw and talon combos and strings would shred apart enemies, and he could use different beast charge shots and attributes like borrowing from Gregar's Heat Beast, and Falzar's Ground Beast. Gregar's extremely-fast buster and super armor, combined with Falzar's far-reaching buster and movement capability would indeed make for a terrifying Final Smash. Even Brawl's Landmasters would be very, very afraid...

Hub Style:
The buster would fire more rapidly, charge shots would be much more devastating, a barrier (possibly LifeAura) would make Mega Man.EXE invincible for the duration of the Final Smash, and all battle chip-based attacks would be program advances.​

How do we make Mega Man.EXE playable?

The best way to go about this is using both social media and snail mail in tandem to request him. Remember to leave a good impression to others, whether they are official employees or other regular players like you and me.

Twitter:
  • @Sora_Sakurai (Masahiro Sakurai, Game Director)
  • @Nintendo (Nintendo of Japan)
  • @NintendoAmerica (Nintendo of America)
  • @HIGUCHI_BNG (Yoshito Higuchi, Game Director)
  • @Harada_TEKKEN (Katsuhiro Harada, Namco Bandai producer/Game Producer/Lead Developer of Tekken)
  • @BandaiNamcoUS (Bandai Namco Games)
  • @trintran (Bill Trinen, Nintendo Treehouse Member)
Facebook:

On Facebook, please tag the official Super Smash Bros. and Capcom pages when making public posts that include any requests for Mega Man.EXE or Battle Network representation.

Miiverse:

As Nintendo's stronghold, this is where online posts will be the most effective. Please make posts requesting Mega Man.EXE as a playable character, and feel free to share Battle Network-related Mii Fighters, snapshot drawings, and Custom Stages on Miiverse.​

Snail Mail and Email:

Physical letters are the best way to show dedication for a character. First, introduce yourself and your topic. Then, work on the body of the letter: This is where you put your sentiments for the Battle Network series and why you want to see it represented as DLC via MegaMan.EXE in Super Smash Bros, along with reasons from this thread on why he should be playable. Leave any closing words that should leave a polite and lasting impression. A signature and post-script at the end are also welcome additions to letters.

Bonus points for sending in Battle Network fanart, merchandise, or photos of your collection and photos of baked goods you make.

Snail mail addresses:
Nintendo of America: 4600 150th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, United States
Namco Bandai: 1740 Technology Drive, Suite 600; San Jose, CA 95110
Nintendo head office: Nintendo Company, Ltd., 11-1 Kamitoba-hokotate-cho, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8501, Japan
***Don't forget to buy international stamps if you're sending mail outside your country!***​
You can also send letters by email. Here's some addresses:

- Nintendo of America: Contact Nintendo directly here. The site allows you to contact Nintendo through a support ticket process, however, there is a max character limit for what you want to write. Instead, I recommend contacting NoA via email through this support address: nintendo@noa.nintendo.com
- Namco Bandai: support@namcobandaigames.com (website, customer support)​

Credit: Thanks to @Croph for having an awesome Roy DLC support thread which I used to base this thread off of. I stole so much from you that I could have gone from Lv1 to 20 if I were in the Thief class in Roy's game. I dream of a future where Roy and Mega Man.EXE can duel 1-on-1! Now anyone reading this better visit http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...help-our-boy-reclaim-the-throne-today.324203/ and support Roy too >__>

List of Supporters!

CorbisNein
Iko MattOrr
ItsMeBrandon
Kirbyfan391
Royvolution Ream​

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Pleasant surprise seeing you as the OP here. Megaman.EXE AND Roy? That's some good taste :shades: Though what's not pleasant but still a surprise is that no one made a thread for this character before...
I definitely support Megaman.EXE. My bias and love towards the series aside, I feel it's the only Megaman incarnation besides the classic that's best fit for Smash considering how faithful it has been to Nintendo while being a strong and significant part of the Megaman franchise(which you can't really say for Starforce...at least not in comparison to .EXE)

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm aware that having more than 1 rep for any third party franchise is very unlikely, but I support this. I always liked his character and the universe of Megaman Battle Network (I never got into the starforce reboot though).
Being honest, I think that every version of Megaman would fit Smash, but yes, I agree that the classic one and .EXE are the ones who fit the most.

Pleasant surprise seeing you as the OP here. Megaman.EXE AND Roy? That's some good taste :shades: Though what's not pleasant but still a surprise is that no one made a thread for this character before...
Indeed :cool: I myself am surprised as well. I looked and couldn't find a thread, so I used a few hours to start crying, then set aside another few hours to create the thread from scratch and what we have so far.

I definitely support Megaman.EXE. My bias and love towards the series aside, I feel it's the only Megaman incarnation besides the classic that's best fit for Smash considering how faithful it has been to Nintendo while being a strong and significant part of the Megaman franchise(which you can't really say for Starforce...at least not in comparison to .EXE)
Agreed, while I love Star Force as much as I love Battle Network, it doesn't have as much of a background in Nintendo's history due to fewer releases, and I haven't seen recent Star Force support from Nintendo. I thought even EXE was silly at first when I had the idea of him being in Smash just recently, but the more I think about him being in Smash, the more it makes perfect sense. "Super Fighting Robot" commentary from D1, Mega Man even receiving that treatment with a Final Smash and trophies to begin with, and recent Battle Network marketing are what finally bought me to believe that it's certainly not out-of-place or undeserved to see him playable. Speaking of trophies... why haven't I even included EXE's SM4SH trophy yet :facepalm: that's on my priorities list when I get home later.

I'm aware that having more than 1 rep for any third party franchise is very unlikely, but I support this. I always liked his character and the universe of Megaman Battle Network (I never got into the starforce reboot though).
Being honest, I think that every version of Megaman would fit Smash, but yes, I agree that the classic one and .EXE are the ones who fit the most.
Star Force is definitely worth getting into, if you're willing to give it another chance. You and @ Kirbyfan391 Kirbyfan391 both feel the same way I do, about EXE being the most appropriate Mega Man for Smash besides classic Mega Man, which leads me to thinking this: Would I have created this thread if it weren't for Nintendo's recent Battle Network marketing? Part of me believes it, since I was extremely satisfied and almost screamed when I saw that Final Smash preview in the Nintendo Direct. I later saw the Wii U invitational and I was praying the whole time for Mega Man to land a Final Smash. When it finally landed, oh man. Part of me doesn't believe it, because since then, I've been happy whenever I see his trophy, and never thought anything beyond trophy role and Final Smash assistance until just yesterday after watching more Beast at the gym, and browsing the 3DS and Wii U Character Discussion area. I feel like a lot of people are in that same situation, they never came to the realization that EXE could be a playable character, which is possibly why there's no support thread so far. Without Battle Network's roots and recent support from Nintendo, I don't think I'd have it in me to make this thread, which is another reason why a support thread might have not popped up already.

You guys are both on the support list :kirby: thank you for being awesome! Now I'll go enjoy a free lunch and see what my friends are up to.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I was thinking about this a while ago, when I got into the Battle Network series. I got the first 2 games on the Wii U eShop, and they're actually my first Mega Man games. Suffice it to say, they left a good impression on me, and I think I can say that I really like Mega Man.EXE/Hub (and Lan) as a character.

I've honestly felt a bit doubtful about his possible inclusion in Smash, but if there's any other iteration of Mega Man that has the potential to make it alongside the original, then I'm putting my full support behind Mega Man.EXE.

Plus, Mega Man.EXE and Mega Man are the original characters from their respective timelines, correct? If I have my Mega Man timeline knowledge right. It would mean more diversity, from a canonical viewpoint.

Jazzman

Smash Cadet
yeah, not happening ever, he'll stay as a final smash inclusion, and one only.

I was thinking about this a while ago, when I got into the Battle Network series. I got the first 2 games on the Wii U eShop, and they're actually my first Mega Man games. Suffice it to say, they left a good impression on me, and I think I can say that I really like Mega Man.EXE/Hub (and Lan) as a character.

I've honestly felt a bit doubtful about his possible inclusion in Smash, but if there's any other iteration of Mega Man that has the potential to make it alongside the original, then I'm putting my full support behind Mega Man.EXE.

Plus, Mega Man.EXE and Mega Man are the original characters from their respective timelines, correct? If I have my Mega Man timeline knowledge right. It would mean more diversity, from a canonical viewpoint.
With Battle Network, I'd say the only other Mega series that it'd be a good impression for is Star Force. It serves a similar role as an action-RPG series, but still plays waaaaaaay different (just in combat though). Still the same "solve problems in two worlds, get a bunch of great story dialogue" theme going. If you enjoy sidescrollers like Mario, Kirby, Sonic, etc. then I think you'd enjoy the original and X series of Mega Man, plus you'll see a lot of recurring characters as different incarnations and other stuff across the different series which is always neat.

I feel a bit doubtful as well, and I know the chances are very slim, but I figured that chances certainly wouldn't decrease with a support thread. They are the #1 protags in each of their series, so you've definitely got it right.

I'll add you to the list of supporters :joyful:

yeah, not happening ever, he'll stay as a final smash inclusion, and one only.
Could you please elaborate on anything holding him back? I'd like to hear more than just negativity with absolutes.

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Add me to the support list. Hub is my number one character for user-suggested DLC.

Here's my 2 cents. Hub can only really materialize with Cross Fusion (a copybot would nerf Hub). Because of that, Hub would be a fusion of Megaman and Lan (similar to the when fighting Alpha in MMBN3, just not in the digital world). That means Lan wouldn't be giving verbal support or sending chips. I'm not sure if Hub Style in Cross Fusion mode makes sense either. I think that synchro mode is a cool idea though. Essentially, if Hub scores consecutive hits without taking damage, he can gain higher knockback and damage output. Whether it would be for a certain period of time or just for one smash attack (PM Lucas-esque) is up in the air.

Add me to the support list. Hub is my number one character for user-suggested DLC.

Here's my 2 cents. Hub can only really materialize with Cross Fusion (a copybot would nerf Hub). Because of that, Hub would be a fusion of Megaman and Lan (similar to the when fighting Alpha in MMBN3, just not in the digital world). That means Lan wouldn't be giving verbal support or sending chips. I'm not sure if Hub Style in Cross Fusion mode makes sense either. I think that synchro mode is a cool idea though. Essentially, if Hub scores consecutive hits without taking damage, he can gain higher knockback and damage output. Whether it would be for a certain period of time or just for one smash attack (PM Lucas-esque) is up in the air.
Thank you for the ideas, I have to go to AutoZone in a few minutes but one of the first things I'll do when I'm home is edit them into the thread.

Also, thank you so much for the sig! I'm planning on contacting ShadowRockZX and a few other big figures about this once the craziness that'll be this weekend passes.

Megaman1596

Smash Rookie
To be honest when I first heard about the Character Ballot for smash bros I was actually replaying Megaman Battle Network 6 Gregar trying to obtain all the Standard Battlechips. And I have to agree with you a hundred percent. Megaman EXE has to be made into a smash bros character. Megaman as you mentioned has so many different abilities, maybe he can do a double soul in the middle of battle under the right circumstances. I would love to see this happen. (I have played all the Battle network and Star Force games)

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
This is not gonna happen. If anything Nintendo will put Volnutt, X, EXE and Star Force as Megaman's alternative skins like Koopalings and Alph. I'd be happy with that.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
This is not gonna happen. If anything Nintendo will put Volnutt, X, EXE and Star Force as Megaman's alternative skins like Koopalings and Alph. I'd be happy with that.
There's really no point in having alternate skins for Megaman besides what is already available. The point of voting for Hub is that the moveset is fundamentally different from Robo Megaman. Honestly I couldn't care less what the character looks like so long as the moves are good. Heck, I'd even be ok with Protoman.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I love this idea. I was disappointed when on the 3ds there was no stage based on Megaman Zero, Starforce or Battle Network. Still, at the same time while I love the idea I just can't see it happening at all and sadly I think that isn't a particularly unrealistic viewpoint. I guess I support the idea, but saying I highly doubt this will happen is an understatement.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
There's really no point in having alternate skins for Megaman besides what is already available. The point of voting for Hub is that the moveset is fundamentally different from Robo Megaman. Honestly I couldn't care less what the character looks like so long as the moves are good. Heck, I'd even be ok with Protoman.
Why there's no point? They're all megaman, it's like asking Ice Mario, Tanooki Mario and Hammer Mario to become separated characters in Smash.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Why there's no point? They're all megaman, it's like asking Ice Mario, Tanooki Mario and Hammer Mario to become separated characters in Smash.
Put bluntly, you're wrong about that. I do wonder if this misconception is one of the reasons why Hub isn't a popular request. If a lot of people share your opinion, it might explain a thing or two.

Visually, yes they're both Megaman. They also both have a megabuster (though it functions differently) and can change appearance based off of powers they've copied. That's where the similarities end. Hub's abilities are based off of his programming (which tends to favor either defense, offense, mobility, or chip use; you can usually strengthen only two of those attributes at a time without causing bugs), soul cross, and chip selections. Chips are probably the most prominent attacks here. Most chips which Hub can use are completely different than anything RoboMega has in his moveset. Though it's possible, you'd have to try really hard to make Hub into a clone of RoboMega. Try beating one of the Battle Network games and you'll realize just how insanely fun and innovative Hub's battle mechanics are. The farther you get in the game, the more specialized your folder and programming will become to fit your battle strategy. For me, I specialized in defense and sword attacks for the majority of my play through.

tl;dr: Though they look the same, RoboMega and Hub function completely differently and are nowhere close to being clones of each other.

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
I regret the double post but yolo right?

I've been thinking that with robot Megaman already in Sm4sh, the majority of people will be confused as to why the heck we want another Megaman in Sm4sh. @ PKFreeze89 PKFreeze89 pointed out to me that the majority of people don't and won't bother to find out what the difference is between the two Megamen. That's why I propose that we rally behind one style or soulcross of Hub's. Say for instance we choose Fire Shadow Style. Then we have a Megaman that is based around speed, swift attacks, counter moves, and... fire! We can have one style and one element that we rally behind. That way nobody can mistake the two for being the same character with the same moveset. A specific style and element will also make it easier to create a decisive moveset because standard blue Hub is too diverse for his own good.

What do you guys think; does this idea stand any ground?

Braydon

Smash Ace
Personally I've always wanted EXE in smash, still I think that if we were going to get a new capcom Monster Hunter would seem the better choice since monster hunter has no representation.

I'd definitely be glad is EXE got in though.
I've been thinking that with robot Megaman already in Sm4sh, the majority of people will be confused as to why the heck we want another Megaman in Sm4sh. @ PKFreeze89 PKFreeze89 pointed out to me that the majority of people don't and won't bother to find out what the difference is between the two Megamen. That's why I propose that we rally behind one style or soulcross of Hub's. Say for instance we choose Fire Shadow Style. Then we have a Megaman that is based around speed, swift attacks, counter moves, and... fire! We can have one style and one element that we rally behind. That way nobody can mistake the two for being the same character with the same moveset. A specific style and element will also make it easier to create a decisive moveset because standard blue Hub is too diverse for his own good.

What do you guys think; does this idea stand any ground?
Personally I think it would be best to go with regular, and base his moveset around the commonly used chips like cannon and the swords. Mega buster could be his jab, but charge unlike robo mega's.

Something like this:
:GCB: Cannon: Megaman transforms his arm into a cannon, and then fires a super speed shot forward.
Custom 1: Vulcan: Megaman fires forward 3 shots, with minimal knockback and long hit stun stopping enemies from escaping between hits

Custom 2: Air shot: Shot deals low damage but knocks enemies straight back with a lot of force for a projectile.
:GCR::GCB:Step Cross: After a short startup Megaman teleports forward a short distance and slashes in an X pattern, if you hold back during the attack he will teleport back to his starting point afterward.

Custom 1: Step sword: Travels further and faster, but deals less damage and hits less area

Custom 2: Protoman: Megaman stays in place, and instead protoman apears in front and slashes, slower but safer
:GCD::GCB:Guardian: A counter, megaman makes a guardian appear in the animation, and if hit lighting strikes the enemy
Custom 1: Anti-damage: A counter. Megaman drops a dummy and teleports to his foe throwing stars less activation frames but deals more damage.
Custom 2: Roll: Roll appears right in front of megaman, acts as a command grab that steals hp similar to Robin's nosferatu

:GCU::GCB:Invisible: Megaman vanishes and teleports some distance away, fairly normal teleport up special.
Custom 1: Air shoes: Megaman walks on air, similar to ROB's up B, travels further but leaves you vulnerable
Custom 2: Giant hook: The giant hook hand swings above megaman at an angle, deals good damage and can tether to ledges

Final smash: Life sword: Megaman slashes a giant area in front with life sword, dealing heavy knockback and massive damage

Jab: shoots rapid megabuster shots, deals 1% with no flinching, tap to rapidfire or hold to charge, charged shots hit significantly more and do have knockback. EXE cannot move during his jab.

Fsmash: Longsword: Slashes ahead with good range and speed

Usmash: Burner: Shoots a pillar of flames up, hits multiple times and launches.

Dsmash: Gutsman: Gutsman appears briefly when used and smashes the ground creating a shockwave around megaman

Ftilt: Sword: Slashes ahead, fairly short range

Utilt: Minibomb: Throws a minibomb a short distance straight up.

Dtilt: Widesword: Slashes down with widesword, the hitbox stretches all the way behind megaman

Fair: Yoyo: Shoots a yoyo a short distance ahead where it stalls and then returns

Nair: Spins with his sword

Uair: Longblade: Slashes above, great range

Dair: Justice one: Smashes anyone below him with the giant steel fist of justice

Edit: Anyone know why my spoilers are multiplying themselves?

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
I think this moveset concept is a good start. Hub's projectiles cannot reach the target immediately though. Even Sheik's needles take time to fly and are visible. Stronger uncharged projectiles are also much larger and slower. Because of this, a cannon shot is not viable. Having a non-flinching jab is also a pretty low-tier move; and I've never heard of charging a jab.

I'm out of time here, but I'll add more of a reply eventually.
Edit:
I like the idea of a command grab for neutral B which gives Hub the option of either gaining a single-use chip from the opponent which can be used as a strong attack, or releasing them and shooting them with a strong megabuster shot (and gaining no chip). It's pretty Kirby-esque in nature, but it's a good way of incorporating BattleNetwork game mechanics.

Neutral B: command grab - copy ability / collect

Up B: Stand Out- Hub converts himself to fire and moves freely through the air, causing short range fire hurtboxes. It seems like the type of move that could have high directional control. Perhaps it could be used on land too. (This would only work with heat style, but my moveset is based off of Shadow Heat Style)

Side B: StepSword (of course!) - high knock back and good approach, but easily punishable. Alternatively it could have a mechanic similar to Ike's dash (this is more balanced but less Megaman-ish).

Down B: this could have many options if you want a parry. Slasher is the most similar to Marth/Ike/Shulk/Robin/Lucina so it's a familiar choice. Alternatively Hub could use the Reflect program, which would have a hitbox similar to Peach's Neutral B. Another interesting choice could be placing Guardian on the field (Like Pacman's fire hydrant), which sends a quick lightning bolt to the first person who hits it (it needs to not be easily blocked). This move would be considerably weaker since it would be harder to avoid hitting Guardian. You could also summon Guardian off the edge to edgeguard (though this may prove to be too OP unless an airborne Guardian did not send out lightening).
You could take a completely different route and have Hub pull out a shuriken to throw. It's just as viable and could help Hub with his approach game.

Edit2: Since I don't yet have a Wii U, there isn't much I can contribute here, at least for now. I'll have to gain first hand experience before I can think up a realistic moveset for Hub. When I'm confident that I can conceive of a balanced moveset, I'll come back to this thread and share my ideas. All-in-all it'll probably take a month. I plan on supporting this thread to the best of my ability and it is my goal to create enough hype and recognition for Samurai himself to have to consider Hub Hikari for DLC.

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
With all the DLC release hype going around, I forgot to check back on here. How are things going with Megaman.exe support? Should I stick with this, or is it dead? I'd really like to see this go somewhere, but I'm not going to beat a dead horse.

Top Bottom