• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now at I look back at the OP, I finally realized how ironic that Magnus's Japanese support trumps both Hades and Medusa from @PushDustIn's poll. I guess we can say that they don't want anymore gods in the roster. :laugh:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
hmm, honestly KI has like 4 games I don't see why it deserves 4 reps. I think we should wait until more popular franchises like Metroid,Dk,Kirby, etc. get more reps. If KI got more reps than some of Nintendo's arguably more popular games Sakurai would be called bias ( dunno a lot about KI but I like the idea of snakes being in a movesets )

Freduardo

Smash Champion
hmm, honestly KI has like 4 games I don't see why it deserves 4 reps. I think we should wait until more popular franchises like Metroid,Dk,Kirby, etc. get more reps. If KI got more reps than some of Nintendo's arguably more popular games Sakurai would be called bias ( dunno a lot about KI but I like the idea of snakes being in a movesets )
Because every KI game is awesome.

And three games, not four. Unless you count the Captain N NES game or Smash Brothers Brawl.

Plus, if we're arguing about reps, women and villains need more reps than any games.

Plus, Cree Summer voice acting in Smash would only make the game better.

Plus, sideboob.

Plus, Sakurai designed KI: Uprising as essentially 3d Smash and not using the wealth of characters and assets from that brilliant game is a waste. Look at the AT's for Magnus and Phosphora. Look at how easily they both lend themselves to playable movesets. They're up there with Takamaru and Flying Man.

PF9

Smash Lord
Wouldn't hurt to have another Kid Icarus rep in Smash 4. But I'd prefer Beyonce voice her in the English version, she's my ideal person to play Medusa in a KI movie.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Because every KI game is awesome.

And three games, not four. Unless you count the Captain N NES game or Smash Brothers Brawl.

Plus, if we're arguing about reps, women and villains need more reps than any games.

Plus, Cree Summer voice acting in Smash would only make the game better.

Plus, sideboob.

Plus, Sakurai designed KI: Uprising as essentially 3d Smash and not using the wealth of characters and assets from that brilliant game is a waste. Look at the AT's for Magnus and Phosphora. Look at how easily they both lend themselves to playable movesets. They're up there with Takamaru and Flying Man.
I still think it needs more games to have 4 reps Franchises that have a lot more games and a bigger fanbase like Metroid with 2, DK with 2,Starfox with 2,and Kirby with 3 there should be variety in the roster KI already has arguably more and better content than those games Kirby gets a stage considered horrible hardly any post airride content, DK has no ATs KI gets about as many enemies as mario in smash run, with 3 characters so I think Sakurai should wait to put in more representation from neglected games.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wait, for some reasons, I hadn't notifications about this thread. Why Smashboards :c

About KI getting 3/4 reps, I don't mind. Actually, Dark Pit (and Doctor Mario / Lucina) may have their own slot, but they are bonuses to me, so I consider that we only have three FE characters / two KI characters.

And personally, 3 reps is a good representations to me. Of course, there's exceptions. G&W or Wii Fit doesn't need 3 reps.
But Kid Icarus? Having Pit, Palutena, Medusa plus Dark Pit as a costume / bonus character works well to me.
Same goes to Earthbound. It may be a small serie that I don't really care about, but 3 reps would be fine. Same for DK and F-Zero.

DK really got bad luck. To me it suffers from being "too close to Mario". Even Warioware have more AT (but that, I don't mind at all).

Also, that Pony Medusa from the previous page is the ultimate proof that everything on the internet will be ponified. EVERYTHING.

D

Deleted member

To me, I think KI does deserve 3 represenatives. The problem is one of them doesn't really deserve to be part of it as a playable (obvious choice).

It's also a bit of a discredit for Medusa to not be part of this game in capacity considering all of the credentials she fills. Other than Bowser Jr., Smash Bros. didn't get any significant villain playables.

Oh, and to me, it's Cree Summer or Bust with her voice.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, for some reasons, I hadn't notifications about this thread. Why Smashboards :c

About KI getting 3/4 reps, I don't mind. Actually, Dark Pit (and Doctor Mario / Lucina) may have their own slot, but they are bonuses to me, so I consider that we only have three FE characters / two KI characters.

And personally, 3 reps is a good representations to me. Of course, there's exceptions. G&W or Wii Fit doesn't need 3 reps.
But Kid Icarus? Having Pit, Palutena, Medusa plus Dark Pit as a costume / bonus character works well to me.
Same goes to Earthbound. It may be a small serie that I don't really care about, but 3 reps would be fine. Same for DK and F-Zero.

DK really got bad luck. To me it suffers from being "too close to Mario". Even Warioware have more AT (but that, I don't mind at all).

Also, that Pony Medusa from the previous page is the ultimate proof that everything on the internet will be ponified. EVERYTHING.

Ponification, ponification everywhere.

Everything you said is true, I feel that Kid Icarus would truly be complete if we have on more character and I feel that Medusa could easily rep the old side of Kid Icarus and the Underworld Forces (despite Hades being the true leader of the circus). Snake hair, stone stare, and plenty of poisonous attacks alone would be enough to make her a unique fighter.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ponification, ponification everywhere.

Everything you said is true, I feel that Kid Icarus would truly be complete if we have on more character and I feel that Medusa could easily rep the old side of Kid Icarus and the Underworld Forces (despite Hades being the true leader of the circus). Snake hair, stone stare, and plenty of poisonous attacks alone would be enough to make her a unique fighter.
Yes, generally, I think that 3 reps is the best: The Hero, the Side character and the Antagonist.

For example, Zelda "only need" Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. For F-Zero, I can imagine Falcon, Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow, although Goroh is more an antagonist / anti hero. Obvious K.Rool is obvious for DK.

Anyway, some series doesn't apply this rule. Mario needs Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser, Warioware doesn't really have antagonist (althought the Warioland universe should be in too, and there's Syrup for that), or series like Fire Emblem and Earthbound have several heroes.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Since Dark pit is technically a bonus and as long as other franchises get fair representation I might as well be a supporter ( didn't really play the games )

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Since Dark pit is technically a bonus and as long as other franchises get fair representation I might as well be a supporter ( didn't really play the games )
Just come to the dark sideboob :awesome:

About franchise representation, I personally take on account characters appearances, like assist trophies and bosses too. To me, Metroid and Warioware (I insist on Warioware, not Wario) are well represented with their AT. Same goes for Zelda, that bring characters from various games.

Mario have several ennemies (Hammer Bros, Kamek, ect). It just lack Daisy IMO, even as an AT. Even Earthbound have 2 AT (it's a shame it's almost Earthbound only, althought Mother 1 got some love on 3DS).

The one really lacking is DK, then Starfox.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just come to the dark sideboob :awesome:

About franchise representation, I personally take on account characters appearances, like assist trophies and bosses too. To me, Metroid and Warioware (I insist on Warioware, not Wario) are well represented with their AT. Same goes for Zelda, that bring characters from various games.

Mario have several ennemies (Hammer Bros, Kamek, ect). It just lack Daisy IMO, even as an AT. Even Earthbound have 2 AT (it's a shame it's almost Earthbound only, althought Mother 1 got some love on 3DS).

The one really lacking is DK, then Starfox.
That last part is true, my dark friend. All we need is Brash the Bear K. Rool and Wolf in order for both Star Fox and DK to be complete.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That last part is true, my dark friend. All we need is Brash the Bear K. Rool and Wolf in order for both Star Fox and DK to be complete.
Well, the trio Fox Falco Wolf worked well, but I think that reworking a bit Wolf's specials is necessary. I still believe that he is not in because he is another character based on Fox (special attack wise).

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Well im saying that I feel more popular franchises should get more reps then KI Sakurai will be called bias if he gives KI 4 reps even if dark pit is considered a clone if KI does get a new rep it's likely the last one since he doesn't seem to want to make a sequel. I feel that series with lots of games should get first dibs for a rep imo DK is 1st priority then metroid or starfox then kirby Dk is as popular as mario but has 2 reps and no ATs Metroid has 2 of the same character not a clone Kirby gets barely any new content 4 KI slots will be less representation for new and more deserving franchises

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even though she will obviously be overshadowed by the likes of Hades and Viridi in the long run, I'll still show some support for the gorgeous queen by voting for her on my IPad.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I guess that I should not put "sideboob" in "Why should this character become a fighter?".

I feel like 500 characters isn't enough.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Is there a separate DLC vote thread for Medusa, or is this it? If it isn't, can I be supplied with a link?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is there a separate DLC vote thread for Medusa, or is this it? If it isn't, can I be supplied with a link?

This is it my friend, the official Medusa for Smash topic in which we worship our beloved sideboob goddess and prove to those that she is a unique character (Unlike Hades and Viridi). So feel free to ask
@ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic to add you to the list and do us a favor by voting for her.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'll add @ WarioJim WarioJim if he is okay.

I think that we should change the title for the DLC poll. "Medusa: vote for her homecoming party!" comes to mind, but as english isn't my native language, any idea?

I have been called.

resisting urge to rant at this joke which means nothing anyway
Viridi would obviously be unique, considering we have to build a full moveset :troll: I do believe that she can be unique by taking Ivysaur's place having various Nature based attacks. Plus that "scyth-staff" of her.

Because I support the Sideboob godess doesn't mean I'm against the loli goddess :awesome:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I support this but I want it next game...Medusa is ironically very beautiful in KI:Uprising until

Well ya know
What are you talking about, this form is sexy enough to even make Dark Matter jealous. :troll:

But jokes aside, she could be considered like any other possible choice if we were to make enough noise for her inclusion. The Hades fans are already going haywire on sites like Gamefaqs and Reddit from what I've seen.

I'll add @ WarioJim WarioJim if he is okay.

I think that we should change the title for the DLC poll. "Medusa: vote for her homecoming party!" comes to mind, but as english isn't my native language, any idea?

Best idea ever! Any other choice wouldn't be that perfect given this is one of her more famous lines from the game.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I support this but I want it next game...Medusa is ironically very beautiful in KI:Uprising until

Well ya know
This is one of the many reasons I want her in. Obvious Final Smash is Obvious.

Best idea ever! Any other choice wouldn't be that perfect given this is one of her more famous lines from the game.
Changed the title! Still, if you have suggestions, I can change it.

Also, I should add a "But Palutena have a Medusa alt color" in the Arguments and counter arguments.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Changed the title! Still, if you have suggestions, I can change it.

Also, I should add a "But Palutena have a Medusa alt color" in the Arguments and counter arguments.
The last part is totally needed since I can imagine people using that as an argument other than the whole "But Hades is more relevant than her!" noise. :troll:

After I'm done making a "Vote for Daisy" and "Vote for Ayumi" poster, I might get around to making on for the queen herself since she will be needing it for publicity purposes.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The last part is totally needed since I can imagine people using that as an argument other than the whole "But Hades is more relevant than her!" noise. :troll:

After I'm done making a "Vote for Daisy" and "Vote for Ayumi" poster, I might get around to making on for the queen herself since she will be needing it for publicity purposes.
I think I'll use several pictures, like:

If people can tell apart two Daraen simply because of twintails, Mario & Luigi both with a Waluigi color, there's no problem in having Medusa.

And that Pac-Man yellow alt. Seriously.

Edit: I've edited slighty the first post.

Last edited:

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Hey, if I see trailers for Wolf (and ICs, hopefully), you can guarantee that I'll switch my vote to Medusa!
If that doesn't happen, I'll have to find out some other way to vote for her and a bunch of other characters before the deadline.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hey, if I see trailers for Wolf (and ICs, hopefully), you can guarantee that I'll switch my vote to Medusa!
If that doesn't happen, I'll have to find out some other way to vote for her and a bunch of other characters before the deadline.
Honestly, voting for Wolf or the ICs isn't a waste but I don't believe it's necessary. That time window between Lucas' release and the end of the Smash Ballot clearly hide something.

Now, as long as you vote for your one and only goddess before the deadline, it's good :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly, voting for Wolf or the ICs isn't a waste but I don't believe it's necessary. That time window between Lucas' release and the end of the Smash Ballot clearly hide something.

Now, as long as you vote for your one and only goddess before the deadline, it's good :awesome:
I'll just let you know that I'm in the middle of making a "Vote for Medusa" post image in Photoshop. I've already gotten a clear image of her official artwork from the wiki, but I'm torn on whether I should go for the usual Super Smash bros. test for her name or use the blod red letters from her Nintomber fan art. Also, I'm thinking of a good tagline to get some supporters like "Help the Queen of the Underworld redefeat that damn Hades" or "Join her Homecoming party as she prepares the Bloodshed in Battle".

For know, it's just in the planning stage and I probably might be done in a half hour unless I get some feedback. After all, we do have to serve our queen in the best way possible. :happysheep:

Edit: And it's finally done. @ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic , get a load of this beauty for which she is ready to be shared.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
I thought of some character-specific victory quotes for Medusa, since Kid Icarus bias is real it's too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Vs. Pit: "And now to sever you from the heavens forever!"
Vs. Palutena: "Light cannot exist without darkness, dear Palutena."
Vs. Dark Pit: "Don't try too hard, Pittoo."

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I thought of some character-specific victory quotes for Medusa, since Kid Icarus bias is real it's too good of an opportunity to pass up.

This is some Marvel vs. Capcom levels of epicness, I can already imagine our queen and savior saying this. More than enough of a reason to warrant her inclusion than the obvious sideboob.

By the way, what do you think of the "Vote for Medusa" poster that I made?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'll just let you know that I'm in the middle of making a "Vote for Medusa" post image in Photoshop. I've already gotten a clear image of her official artwork from the wiki, but I'm torn on whether I should go for the usual Super Smash bros. test for her name or use the blod red letters from her Nintomber fan art. Also, I'm thinking of a good tagline to get some supporters like "Help the Queen of the Underworld redefeat that damn Hades" or "Join her Homecoming party as she prepares the Bloodshed in Battle".

For know, it's just in the planning stage and I probably might be done in a half hour unless I get some feedback. After all, we do have to serve our queen in the best way possible. :happysheep:

Edit: And it's finally done. @ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic , get a load of this beauty for which she is ready to be shared.

No hashtags?

I do hate hashtags :p

I should try doing one myself. I only have Photofiltre, but I think i'm not that bad with it. But this one is nice, I'll add it!

These are nice! Rewatching the Chapter 9, Pit's seems one point. Can't find better.

Against Dark Pit, though... "Now, this is a little bizarre" would just be perfect IMO.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So... I made this.

If needed, I made one with "the queen of the Underword Homecoming party". Not sure if the 's was needed there.

Also did this!

That will go directly into my signature :p

Edit: Forgot to edit instead of double posting :facepalm: 5am, time to sleep. I'll edit the opening post later.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So... I made this.

If needed, I made one with "the queen of the Underword Homecoming party". Not sure if the 's was needed there.

Also did this!

That will go directly into my signature :p

Edit: Forgot to edit instead of double posting :facepalm: 5am, time to sleep. I'll edit the opening post later.
Two words: So Beautiful. Now we just have to put these in our signatures and advertise them on any social media site. Tumblr would be a good star since there are plenty of Kid Icarus fans there.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Two words: So Beautiful. Now we just have to put these in our signatures and advertise them on any social media site. Tumblr would be a good star since there are plenty of Kid Icarus fans there.
To be fair, using a whole wallpaper isn't complicated :awesome:
But I'm glad that I had a font similar to the "Smash Ballot" text.

Now, to put that on other websites... I don't really know where to start. I don't have twitter and Tumblr too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be fair, using a whole wallpaper isn't complicated :awesome:
But I'm glad that I had a font similar to the "Smash Ballot" text.

Now, to put that on other websites... I don't really know where to start. I don't have twitter and Tumblr too.
Don't you worry, I've already started spreading this on both Tumblr and Twitter this morning. Since there are a lot of Kid Icarus fans on the former, I'm expecting a lot of rep logs on the subject. Wish me luck on our mission to spread the goddess of darkness love.

By the way, can you send me a download link of your font (I can find it much more useful that the current black Smash website one I have)?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Don't you worry, I've already started spreading this on both Tumblr and Twitter this morning. Since there are a lot of Kid Icarus fans on the former, I'm expecting a lot of rep logs on the subject. Wish me luck on our mission to spread the goddess of darkness love.

By the way, can you send me a download link of your font (I can find it much more useful that the current black Smash website one I have)?
Good! I personally talk a bit about Medusa on french forums.

Here is the font! http://www.azfonts.net/load_font/ahronbd.html

Top Bottom