• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
I agree (obviously), yet I'm absolutely okay with Dark Pit, and play him more than Pit actually. That's probably because he is the clone he deserves to be, yet have a better looking side-B and I like his Final Smash (considering that my main is Zelda, is obvious why I like it). And, objectively, he took almost no development time and never "stole the slot" of someone else.
ehh, it could have been stealing the slot if they would've used it for another character. But I think there is still some room for more slots. I just think that Medusa would be better than Dark Pit because she's more original. If you like Dark Pit though, I won't have anything against him being in the game, although I still don't like him there.

Then again, what do I know? I have to wait until Christmas and hope I get the game, so this is from the perspective of someone who just knows what's in the game without experiencing it.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
ehh, it could have been stealing the slot if they would've used it for another character. But I think there is still some room for more slots. I just think that Medusa would be better than Dark Pit because she's more original. If you like Dark Pit though, I won't have anything against him being in the game, although I still don't like him there.

Then again, what do I know? I have to wait until Christmas and hope I get the game, so this is from the perspective of someone who just knows what's in the game without experiencing it.
Well, if Dark Pit stole a slot, it can only be Alph from Pikmin. The three clones are bonuses, added because they were costumes and easy to do. And beside Alph, there's no one, as it's only male/female costumes or clothes (Wario, Little Mac).

There's the Koopalings, but there's no reasons that one of them get the spotlight alone.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can imagine Medusa having the most threatening Win Poses out of the Kid Icarus crew. Like for example, she can recite her "Celebrating with a bloodbath" line will giving an intense glare. Another one would be covering her face while saying "Darkness is the one thing that always trumps insects like you!" before showcasing her "true face". Playing as Cia in Hyrule Warriors overall gives me an idea of how her character and actions should go when she's DLC. What can I say, she might as well be Medusa's #1 fan.

D

Deleted member

I can imagine Medusa having the most threatening Win Poses out of the Kid Icarus crew. Like for example, she can recite her "Celebrating with a bloodbath" line will giving an intense glare. Another one would be covering her face while saying "Darkness is the one thing that always trumps insects like you!" before showcasing her "true face". Playing as Cia in Hyrule Warriors overall gives me an idea of how her character and actions should go when she's DLC. What can I say, she might as well be Medusa's #1 fan.
I agree with all of these, although in the case of the "true face", I'd like it better that she keep that concealed, considering how much she hates it.

Also, Sakurai only ported the Smash Bros.-involved trophies from Uprising in the game. Sadly, no HD Medusa, but on the other hand, no HD Hades, either.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wouldn't it be amazing if we got both Simon Belmont and Medusa (Kid Icarus version) in Smash? There could be a Castlevania-themed event match where Simon fights Medusa.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wouldn't it be amazing if we got both Simon Belmont and Medusa (Kid Icarus version) in Smash? There could be a Castlevania-themed event match where Simon fights Medusa.
This ........ is definitely Smash 6 material here. It would be HUGE missed opportunity if Sakurai didn't get us both the Vampire Killer and Queen of Darkness for that epic event. Then let's not forget the Medusa x Simon pairings that would ensue. <3

Last edited:

SonicTeam765

Banned via Administration
NNID
SonicTeam765
Actually I would want her to be in Smash Bros, so I'm supporting her as well. Also, is Uprising worth buying? I'm trying to buy a 3DS.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Actually I would want her to be in Smash Bros, so I'm supporting her as well. Also, is Uprising worth buying? I'm trying to buy a 3DS.
If you like StarFox style rail shooters, humor, and the idea of a 3d smash brothers for the ground part of the missions, Uprising is worth buying.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I also forgot, the 3d Smash brothers ground missions have really fun multiplayer/netplay once you get some decent equipment for it. The only weapon with decent stats for me to use is a reaper claw, but I still had a lot of fun using it online.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Uprising is one of the must buy on 3DS. Freduardo said it all.

Also, I noticed a nod to Medusa and Viridi in Palutena's victory video on WiiU. We can see Palutena commanding Phosphora with her Viridi color, and we can also see a tiny Pit against a gigantic Palutena, with the Medusa color of course.

SonicTeam765

Banned via Administration
NNID
SonicTeam765
Uprising is one of the must buy on 3DS. Freduardo said it all.

Also, I noticed a nod to Medusa and Viridi in Palutena's victory video on WiiU. We can see Palutena commanding Phosphora with her Viridi color, and we can also see a tiny Pit against a gigantic Palutena, with the Medusa color of course.
Ok. Now I know what game to buy for the 3DS, aside from Smash Bros.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since Sakurai won't be involved in future Smash games, I think the chances of any other Kid Icarus character happening is low (Unless he plans on making a sequel after his break).

Let's just hope that the remaining developing team thinks about having one more pick as DLC (Medusa or Hades).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I recommend holding off your support for Medusa until you actually play the games starring her.
IMO that's the best way to support a newcomer and get a good understanding.
I'd recommend it, though I don't want to repeat previous comments on my Uprising experience (let's just say I didn't like it). Also, play the first Kid Icarus, too. When you look back at that time period, you'll gain an appreciation as to why she is routinely suggested.

Now, with Sakurai (possibly) not in charge of Smash DLC, we might get Medusa, as looking back at Uprising, Medusa was not a high priority for him compared to requests for her, but on the other hand, they might argue that there is burnout from Kid Icarus content. So, we'll have to see what the plans are, whenever they are announced.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd recommend it, though I don't want to repeat previous comments on my Uprising experience (let's just say I didn't like it). Also, play the first Kid Icarus, too. When you look back at that time period, you'll gain an appreciation as to why she is routinely suggested.

Now, with Sakurai (possibly) not in charge of Smash DLC, we might get Medusa, as looking back at Uprising, Medusa was not a high priority for him compared to requests for her, but on the other hand, they might argue that there is burnout from Kid Icarus content. So, we'll have to see what the plans are, whenever they are announced.
Assuming that this new director might be knowledgable of these IP's, he might have to take a look at the first game instead of just Uprising to get her character right. Having a mixture of nostalgia and Uprising goodness will be enough to do the Queen of Darkness some proper justice. Though like you said, we may want to wait 4 years until the director of the new Smash is announced.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Assuming that this new director might be knowledgable of these IP's, he might have to take a look at the first game instead of just Uprising to get her character right. Having a mixture of nostalgia and Uprising goodness will be enough to do the Queen of Darkness some proper justice. Though like you said, we may want to wait 4 years until the director of the new Smash is announced.
So since Sakurai fully intends to not work on either series' sequels, what's more likely to happen first: Kid Icarus Uprising 2 or Smash Brothers Next?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So since Sakurai fully intends to not work on either series' sequels, what's more likely to happen first: Kid Icarus Uprising 2 or Smash Brothers Next?
Arguably Smash Brothers Next since I doubt that any other developers would want to work on a sequel to Uprising other than Sora. Knowing Retro Studios, they might be busy working on something else or even a third Donkey Kong Country Returns game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I recommend holding off your support for Medusa until you actually play the games starring her.
IMO that's the best way to support a newcomer and get a good understanding.
This is the best policy, IMO.

I prefer to support characters from games that I actually played and I tend to support playable characters from those games first before I support NPC's like villains and supporting characters.

Since Kid Icarus already got its playable character :4pit: and its most important supporting character :4palutena: now I want the villain Medusa in. :awesome:

It's funny how Duck Hunt is a playable character (NES Zapper), a supporting character (Dog), and a villain (Duck) teamed up into a trio. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is the best policy, IMO.

I prefer to support characters from games that I actually played and I tend to support playable characters from those games first before I support NPC's like villains and supporting characters.

Since Kid Icarus already got its playable character :4pit: and its most important supporting character :4palutena: now I want the villain Medusa in. :awesome:

It's funny how Duck Hunt is a playable character (NES Zapper), a supporting character (Dog), and a villain (Duck) teamed up into a trio. :troll:
That last part is rather ironic though. If were were to call Dark Pit anything, he would be the edgy anti-hero (Shadow, Anti-Bravo, ext.). :troll:

Here'e something I've thought of, what if we wind-up with Dark Pit x Medusa as a counter to the Pit x Palutena pairings once she joins the battle? :love:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
That last part is rather ironic though. If were were to call Dark Pit anything, he would be the edgy anti-hero (Shadow, Anti-Bravo, ext.). :troll:

Here'e something I've thought of, what if we wind-up with Dark Pit x Medusa as a counter to the Pit x Palutena pairings once she joins the battle? :love:
I love the Nights Christmas avatar, Azure. But I don't think that pairing will take off. They didn't have the chemistry Pit and Palutena had in Uprising.

There was real emotion in Pit's devotion.

(Say the last sentence so it rhymes, it's better that way). Frankly, if Dark Pit gets with anyone from that game, I'd see it being Pandora or Phosphora. Pandora made him and would be hilarious. Phosphora because it'll be really creepy to see Pittoo get with Female Pit.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
To be honest, that would be a little... Bizarre.
:awesome:

By the way, Palutena's guidance says that Dark Pit now works for Viridi.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be honest, that would be a little... Bizarre.
:awesome:

By the way, Palutena's guidance says that Dark Pit now works for Viridi.
Since we had Palutena x Lucina, I wouldn't be surprised if similarly "shocking" pairing like Medusa x Fem!Robin occured (or Savvy Stylist x Medusa for that real troll factor). :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eh, I prefer Medusa X Ganondorf.
I can already imagine how overpowered their child would be, a Gorgonic Goddess and Gerudo combo alone sounds like it could even be Hades's level of brokeness. But I can tell that he/she'll easily be defeated by Pit because of plox.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I can already imagine how overpowered their child would be, a Gorgonic Goddess and Gerudo combo alone sounds like it could even be Hades's level of brokeness. But I can tell that he/she'll easily be defeated by Pit because of plox.
Why wouldn't he/she be defeated by Link?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why wouldn't he/she be defeated by Link?
Because of size and teleportation, man. He ought to need a Skyloft to help fight off something that big (As if Medusa wasn't big enough herself. :troll:) with his Master Sword (The only thing that can remotely kill anything relating to Ganon). Pit can easily fly around and kill gods with his Great Sacred Treasure, while Link need something to help maneuver himself in the air to fight the hellspawn (Or shall I say "Underworld Spawn") of Ganon and Medusa.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Because of size and teleportation, man. He ought to need a Skyloft to help fight off something that big (As if Medusa wasn't big enough herself. :troll:) with his Master Sword (The only thing that can remotely kill anything relating to Ganon). Pit can easily fly around and kill gods with his Great Sacred Treasure, while Link need something to help maneuver himself in the air to fight the hellspawn (Or shall I say "Underworld Spawn") of Ganon and Medusa.
Imagination Nerd time

Link vs The offspring of the Triforce of Power and the Ancient Gorgon

Realizing that this is the epic end of Zelda game fight and in full crossover game as Medusa and Ganondorf were able to breed. This is Link and all his items and allies set up for the final dungeon after collecting the last piece required to dispel the magical barrier around Hyrule and Skyworld that Ganondusa put up when the cities were in Sky Alignment, Link's final push against the giant enemy was planned.... mostly by NPCs. This is a Zelda game if you're playing as Link. The start of the attack involves unleashing the four sword smithed to combine with the Master Sword (Lv. 4x4 sword, for the Zelda fans). Green Link's job becomes shrinking using the Minish Cap and flying in on Kaepora Gaebora through a Kid Icarus style rail shooter level to dodge numerous attacks and land the tiny titan inside Ganondusa's ear for a final puzzle solving dungeon to reach Ganondusa's Eyes from the inside and poison the Gorgon's vision with shards of his magical mirror shield.

Meanwhile Red Link is using a Spinner Track created by the Great Deku tree to spin in another massive dodgy level that's more Zelda themed with the objective of using Dual Clawshots and the Silver Gauntlets for the enemy of Ganondusa's mighty feet to paralyze the legs.

Purple Link is reaching the great fairy fountain with the ice rod to make a giant ice and snow sled towards Ganondusa's paralyzed position. Then has the final level of having to freeze the hands of the creature.

And Blue Link is surfing in on top of Biggoron from the mountain on top of the snow sled, using the wind waker rod for boosts and to attain the requisite speed to pierce the craziest stab into the fully paralyzed heart of the enemy with Biggoron's sword for the stab, and then the Master Sword/Four Sword fused Sword to slice open the the heart despite crazy beam shooting tentacles appearing from the chest wounds the player creates and making you fight Z targeting style on Biggoron's back and head, until you finally open up the real weak point inside the heart....

And Silver Arrow to win the game. Let's make it crazy, when using the silver arrow light element versions of Zelda and Pit Are firing the Arrows on each side of link, the three creating a triforce, the light of that triforce unsealing Palutena who's form seems to become Link's final light arrow.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Imagination Nerd time

Link vs The offspring of the Triforce of Power and the Ancient Gorgon

Realizing that this is the epic end of Zelda game fight and in full crossover game as Medusa and Ganondorf were able to breed. This is Link and all his items and allies set up for the final dungeon after collecting the last piece required to dispel the magical barrier around Hyrule and Skyworld that Ganondusa put up when the cities were in Sky Alignment, Link's final push against the giant enemy was planned.... mostly by NPCs. This is a Zelda game if you're playing as Link. The start of the attack involves unleashing the four sword smithed to combine with the Master Sword (Lv. 4x4 sword, for the Zelda fans). Green Link's job becomes shrinking using the Minish Cap and flying in on Kaepora Gaebora through a Kid Icarus style rail shooter level to dodge numerous attacks and land the tiny titan inside Ganondusa's ear for a final puzzle solving dungeon to reach Ganondusa's Eyes from the inside and poison the Gorgon's vision with shards of his magical mirror shield.

Meanwhile Red Link is using a Spinner Track created by the Great Deku tree to spin in another massive dodgy level that's more Zelda themed with the objective of using Dual Clawshots and the Silver Gauntlets for the enemy of Ganondusa's mighty feet to paralyze the legs.

Purple Link is reaching the great fairy fountain with the ice rod to make a giant ice and snow sled towards Ganondusa's paralyzed position. Then has the final level of having to freeze the hands of the creature.

And Blue Link is surfing in on top of Biggoron from the mountain on top of the snow sled, using the wind waker rod for boosts and to attain the requisite speed to pierce the craziest stab into the fully paralyzed heart of the enemy with Biggoron's sword for the stab, and then the Master Sword/Four Sword fused Sword to slice open the the heart despite crazy beam shooting tentacles appearing from the chest wounds the player creates and making you fight Z targeting style on Biggoron's back and head, until you finally open up the real weak point inside the heart....

And Silver Arrow to win the game. Let's make it crazy, when using the silver arrow light element versions of Zelda and Pit Are firing the Arrows on each side of link, the three creating a triforce, the light of that triforce unsealing Palutena who's form seems to become Link's final light arrow.
Best fanfiction ever! 10/10 would read again. :awesome:

This is why the new Smash director should consider adding Medusa in Smash 6 because of the amount of headcannon's that she can spawn. It will be such a shame if Ganon doesn't have the right person to be paired with in the Smash fanbase.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, the headcanons alone would be worth it. But my argument is more of what Medusa would bring as a novelty factor.

Of course, the Sakurai-free future of Smash Bros. can go either way for her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, the headcanons alone would be worth it. But my argument is more of what Medusa would bring as a novelty factor.

With Snake out of the picture (Having minimal change of returning), I feel that she can easily have a trap-and-constrict type moveset to fit her character. Most of her moves would not only hold her foe in place for punishment, but to cancel out any chance of escape they have in battle. There's the inevitable Stone Stare for example (turning the foe into a living heavy item) that can come in handy for tricky characters like Duck Hunt. For faster characters like Sheik, she has the far more reliable Cursed Palm as not only a fast moving projectile (Since the Stone Star has to be slow for the sake of balance), as something that could punish the following foe with a temporary poison for that golden opportunity.

Unlike in the official canon, she should also take more advantage of her snakes in her moveset by even transforming her limbs into them. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch since she did use to be a giant cyclopean wall that threw her own minion as a weapon. Hell, she can even have a dash that converts her lower body into that of a serpent.

I can view her as the anti-Palutena: Unpredictable, punishing, violent, deadly from up close, having better trapping options, and being better than Falcondorf being the average speedster's work nightmare. That's something that could not only make her a good fighter, but redeem her Hijacked Status in Uprising.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

...Mostly sideboob.

Wait, does sideboob count as a novelty factor?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
...Mostly sideboob.

Wait, does sideboob count as a novelty factor?
Since we already the ***shot and boobshots from Palutena's trailer, then yes that counts. Though I can already telll that the Tumblroids will have a bigger issue with that she bares more skin that her. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since we already the ***shot and boobshots from Palutena's trailer, then yes that counts. Though I can already telll that the Tumblroids will have a bigger issue with that she bares more skin that her. :troll:
Well, I can take the compromise if you can't get an aerial shot of what's beneath Medusa's dress, largely because I personally believe Medusa is ambiguous below the waist, even though some of the animations she has (including the "forbidden" trophy) defines knees... but I'm basing this on how the trophy she has in 3DS doesn't have anything revealed, especially as her body frame appears to be incorrect as to how long her legs would be.

I know that's confusing, but it was my own headcanon here, and it could be a legit excuse to have Medusa transform.

Also, GameXplain posted a Palutena's Guidance which might be either a placeholder or for DLC fighters like Mewtwo (as a cost-cutting measure). I can understand why, but if Medusa is playable via DLC, it would be a great disservice to her because while it would be alright for an Isaac or a King K. Rool or a Rayman, that treatment wouldn't suffice for a fourth Kid Icarus fighter.

Medusa: You guys don't remember me?!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, GameXplain posted a Palutena's Guidance which might be either a placeholder or for DLC fighters like Mewtwo (as a cost-cutting measure). I can understand why, but if Medusa is playable via DLC, it would be a great disservice to her because while it would be alright for an Isaac or a King K. Rool or a Rayman, that treatment wouldn't suffice for a fourth Kid Icarus fighter.

Medusa: You guys don't remember me?!
With Sakurai having little to no control after the game's release, it will be a shame that we can't have that many unique Palutena Guidance's for these characters. You're right, it will be MAJOR disservice if Medusa or any other Kid Icarus DLC fighter doesn't get any share of dialogue during these sequences since they were know to chat alot in the game. That will sadly be one of the few downsides of having DLC (Other than balancing) in general if it comes to that.

Hades: "I don't get any special dialogue in Super Smash Bros? What a major pity, unlike Pitty Pat and his greedy boss having the most control around here. Medusa dear, what are your opinions on this?"

Medusa: "I would be glad to be the goddess to tear the producers apart. Preferably after reverting their bodies into lifeless shells of stone like I'd always do. Even being able to get my revenge against that goddess and her precious guardian angel isn't good enough for the us."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last night, I finally had a Medusa dream with Smash Bros., where she beat the crap out of Palutena. Her moves included teleportation and using poisonous attacks.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last night, I finally had a Medusa dream with Smash Bros., where she beat the crap out of Palutena. Her moves included teleportation and using poisonous attacks.
I had a similar dream to that, but it involved her taking out most of Smash's heroes and Hades with her immense strength. Ironically, my girlfriend had an even funnier dream where Medusa had attacked everyone with the help of Cia from Hyrule Warriors. Before their respective tagline, they had flaunted their stuff (Cleavage for Cia and sideboob for Medusa) and gave off a badass pose.

Medusa casts darkness!

Cia plunders the army!

Medusa is more control oriented with her stone stare and other poisonous attacks, while Cia is combo oriented with her devastating attacks and whip scepter. The more I think about it, the more this dual reveal actually makes sense due to how similar they are (edgy dark sorceresses). Too bad the latter is arguably more unlike compared to Medusa since future Smash games might be rated E+10 and she might not be relevant in a Hyrule Warriors sequel.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I had a similar dream to that, but it involved her taking out most of Smash's heroes and Hades with her immense strength. Ironically, my girlfriend had an even funnier dream where Medusa had attacked everyone with the help of Cia from Hyrule Warriors. Before their respective tagline, they had flaunted their stuff (Cleavage for Cia and sideboob for Medusa) and gave off a badass pose.

Medusa casts darkness!

Cia plunders the army!

Medusa is more control oriented with her stone stare and other poisonous attacks, while Cia is combo oriented with her devastating attacks and whip scepter. The more I think about it, the more this dual reveal actually makes sense due to how similar they are (edgy dark sorceresses). Too bad the latter is arguably more unlike compared to Medusa since future Smash games might be rated E+10 and she might not be relevant in a Hyrule Warriors sequel.
Hyrule Warriors 2: Skyworld Warriors Uprising.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Medusa is not amused with the lack of activity so far.

Plz don't hurt me for posting our goddess as a pony.

D

Deleted member

Hey, you updated this thread with something worth commenting on.

Top Bottom